Author Topic: Celtics (10-9) at Mavericks (8-9) Game #20 11/24/18  (Read 27773 times)

Re: Celtics (10-9) at Mavericks (8-9) Game #20 11/24/18
« Reply #420 on: November 24, 2018, 10:54:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Not much you could do tonight, Mavs were on fire all night long and were playing with peak intensity.

I'm not too upset with how we played, maybe there were some bad lineups in for too long at times.

JB looked like his old self with GH out.
well one thing we can do is give out tps to soothe the wounds.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #421 on: November 24, 2018, 10:55:03 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Not much you could do tonight, Mavs were on fire all night long and were playing with peak intensity.

I'm not too upset with how we played, maybe there were some bad lineups in for too long at times.

But isn't this basically what's been said after every loss this season? It's always that the other team "just got hot," or some guy on the opposition "just couldn't miss." Players and teams are routinely going off on Boston, which tells me Boston stinks.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #422 on: November 24, 2018, 10:55:28 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Tatum is 9-13, yet I only remember him shooting a couple of times lately. He simply has to be more involved in the offense, especially when he's so on like he is tonight. Kyrie is 9-24 right now, but it's hard to blame him because he's also the only one who is aggressive in getting his shot.

There's definitely chemistry issues with this team and a lack of understanding of roles. And that is on the coaching staff to fix. That we have not improved in this chemistry/clarifying of roles regard in 20 games is such a failure by the coaching staff.

I think Tatum could have gtten more shots. The proble is right now you cant run an offense through him because he's not a good dsitrubutor. This limits him somewhat to off ball stuff and puts a natural cap on hw much  he can score. Unless you start running him off screens like JJ  reddick, and i think his efficiency plummets when you start doing that, then he has to become a better passer.

Tatum's offense wasn't the problem, his defense was at times.

« Reply #423 on: November 24, 2018, 10:55:30 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

LOL no they were not

Yes they were, they had answers for our runs all night long.

« Reply #424 on: November 24, 2018, 10:56:03 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

But isn't this basically what's been said after every loss this season? It's always that the other team "just got hot," or some guy on the opposition "just couldn't miss." Players and teams are routinely going off on Boston, which tells me Boston stinks.
^this. It's either the players are Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. or the coaching is wanking bad.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #425 on: November 24, 2018, 10:56:13 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Acrimonious end to the game
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #426 on: November 24, 2018, 10:56:27 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
DeAndre Jordan is shooting a tech?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #427 on: November 24, 2018, 10:56:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Rozier is playing worst than ever.  If im coach ...he sits .

pop would not to,erate his awful play .

he needs to ride the bench

I knew we should have kept Larkin all along and traded Terry way back

« Reply #428 on: November 24, 2018, 10:56:42 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Kyrie 9 of 24, Al 3 of 11, Rozier 1 of 6...guards again doing a poor job of keeping Mavs guards from getting into paint. 

Al does need to play better for what he's making. Kyrie needs to play better based on the amount of time he's dominating the ball.  They're just a mess.

« Reply #429 on: November 24, 2018, 10:56:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
honestly I'm sick of this ****-the hell was Brad Stevens doing when he benched the starters at the start of the fourth? Now we're getting blown out-**** the Celtics

That's been a continuous theme since the beginning of the season. Not only can he not get these guys' heads on straight and clarify roles, but his rotations have just been a mess, and he consistently makes bad decisions in games that hurt us.

« Reply #430 on: November 24, 2018, 10:57:24 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

We have an issue with defending the pick and roll. That’s where these guards have been killing us
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #431 on: November 24, 2018, 10:57:40 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
For those saying that the "Mavs just can't miss"...the teams are basically shooting with identical % for 2 and 3

but the mavs have 16 made 3s and we have 9.

Yeah they shot more 3s too...you know how percentages work right?

yeah I think I do.  Maybe you don't understand that those 7 3s mean more points for the mavs.

Yeah if they got 10 more layups that would be 20 more points...that has nothing to do with them "being on fire" or playing "can't miss" basketball like some have posted here.

This game had nothing to do with the Mavs shooting better.

« Reply #432 on: November 24, 2018, 10:57:53 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Celtic pride is in tatters...we let the Mavs insult us by sending DeAndre Jordan to shoot the tech FT >:(
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #433 on: November 24, 2018, 10:58:17 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

^this. It's either the players are **** or the coaching is wanking bad.

Just to me tonight we didn't have our normal mental lapses for half of each quarter, at least it looked like we were trying for the majority of the night.

« Reply #434 on: November 24, 2018, 10:58:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Kyrie 9 of 24, Al 3 of 11, Rozier 1 of 6...guards again doing a poor job of keeping Mavs guards from getting into paint. 

Al does need to play better for what he's making. Kyrie needs to play better based on the amount of time he's dominating the ball.  They're just a mess.

yeah Kyrie kind of shot us out of the game during the important stretch in the 4th.  I mean a lot of games it is the opposite and he kills it in those stretches.  Tonight there was a lot of shake and bake possessions by kyrie ending in a tough shot.