Author Topic: I hate Jimmy Butler - (video dissing Boston)  (Read 4341 times)

Re: I hate Jimmy Butler - (video dissing Boston)
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2024, 01:25:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1781
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If Tatum wasn't hurt in Game 7 last year, he'd smoke Butler like a pulp and Boston wins that series.

Jimmy would have been a great acquisition in 2017 but now he's a little washed like Paul George lol

Tatum game 7 and Giannis 1st round  last year. Gordon Hayward in 2020.

Jimmy Butler has made a living capitalizing on other teams' injuries that happen at the worst time.

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2024, 03:01:58 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 283
What do you expect him to say? This whole forum would be throbbing if Tatum talked like this.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2024, 03:55:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559
Jimmy Butler at his peak was a borderline top 10 player, yet he has made the Finals twice another conference finals, and several 1st round wins as a lower seed all as his teams best player.  The only season he played with Embiid was the Sixers best performance in this era.  In other words, he has far outperformed what you'd expect from a player of his caliber.  He talks a lot, but aside from him knocking the C's out twice, I'm not sure what there is to hate about Butler.  Guy plays hard. Guy expects his teammates to play hard.  Guy plays well in the biggest moments.  Not sure what else you'd want.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2024, 06:54:28 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
I like that Tom Thibs dissed Butler and his comments about New York.

Former Celtics assistant coach so I can support that  :P

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2024, 08:10:52 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 102
I am glad Butler missed the game winning shot against us in the 2022 ECFs.  He was just too tired😉

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2024, 08:17:53 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
I have a lot of respect for Jimmy Butler. He's a smart player and he works his tail off. One of his best qualities as a basketball player is that he's confident to the point of delusion. To have the mid-level talent that he does and achieve what he has, you probably have to be delusional and Butler is certainly delusional.

It's also worth nothing that Spo and the Heat saved his career. Chicago let him go because they didn't think he'd be worth the money, Minnesota traded him after 1 season because he was a problem, Philly decided he wasn't worth the money... What if he had gone to literally any other team than the Heat in 2019?

While on the Heat, Butler has benefited from maybe the best coach in the game right now, surrounded by players who come through one of the best development systems in the league, with a co-star in Bam who is a perennial DPOY candidate who can averaged 20ppg but isn't quite a good enough offensive threat to steal Butler's headlines. 

He doesn't have the kind of talent where he could've put up big numbers with a worse franchise but he also couldn't have contributed this much on a better team. No player is apologized for more by the media.

I truly do have a lot of respect for what he has accomplished but he's also one of the most overrated players in the NBA.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2024, 08:40:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
Jimmy Butler is 35 years old before the start of next season. He has two years left on his contract. He is increasingly injury prone. And he wants a contract extension this summer.

Would you give him an extension? I wouldn't. I'd let him play it out. Wait and see. See if the injury problems continue. See how he ages. Two years is a lot of time for a 35 year old. I wouldn't be in a rush to extra years if I don't need to. 

RealGM had an article there today where Marc Stein was wondering if Miami might trade Jimmy Butler this summer instead of paying him and also wondering if Philly will step up to get him. A Jimmy - Embiid - Maxey trio would fit each other extremely well.

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2024, 09:05:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Jimmy Butler at his peak was a borderline top 10 player, yet he has made the Finals twice another conference finals, and several 1st round wins as a lower seed all as his teams best player.  The only season he played with Embiid was the Sixers best performance in this era.  In other words, he has far outperformed what you'd expect from a player of his caliber.  He talks a lot, but aside from him knocking the C's out twice, I'm not sure what there is to hate about Butler.  Guy plays hard. Guy expects his teammates to play hard.  Guy plays well in the biggest moments.  Not sure what else you'd want.

I generally admire his confidence and how hard working he is. I don’t have particularly any problems with him. This time I would say it was just a little cringe and embarrassing. For one, the team lost and most of the games were not even close. There also wasn’t a point at anytime this season whether he was healthy or not that the Heat were even competitive with the Celtics as a team. So the confidence is fine but nobody wants to hear over the top ridiculousness after a team loses. Hopefully this isn’t the start of him saying outlandish things moving forward cause I think most of the other stuff has been more reasonable. 

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2024, 09:21:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Jimmy Butler is 35 years old before the start of next season. He has two years left on his contract. He is increasingly injury prone. And he wants a contract extension this summer.

Would you give him an extension? I wouldn't. I'd let him play it out. Wait and see. See if the injury problems continue. See how he ages. Two years is a lot of time for a 35 year old. I wouldn't be in a rush to extra years if I don't need to. 

RealGM had an article there today where Marc Stein was wondering if Miami might trade Jimmy Butler this summer instead of paying him and also wondering if Philly will step up to get him. A Jimmy - Embiid - Maxey trio would fit each other extremely well.
Just thinking out loud here, but if they were to move him, the Cavs would be incredibly interesting as a landing spot.  Say Mitchell makes it known that if the Cavs get Butler he stays.  Cavs and Heat could then swap Garland for Butler as the main pieces in a trade.  Maybe something like Garland and LeVert for Butler and Jovic.  Be an interesting trade for both teams.  Heat would probably need to move Rozier, but they'd reset a bit with a young all star signed long term in his prime who better fits the Bam, Herro, and Jaquez timeline, while the Cavs get a commitment from Mitchell and became a real contender for the next couple of seasons while Butler ages (and hopefully Mobley then develops into the alpha they need him to be). 

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2024, 09:29:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Most disagreeables tend to land on Miami

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2024, 01:00:01 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1035
Gotta give Jimmy props here. Him playing would have eliminated two teams in the same round. Can’t say that’s not only impressive, but certainly possible in his head.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2024, 01:00:58 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1035
What do you expect him to say? This whole forum would be throbbing if Tatum talked like this.

Did Tatum ever say they would have won if he didn’t roll his ankle in the opening minute of Game 7? I don’t recall that.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2024, 11:51:25 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He should say nothing.  Prove the doubters wrong the next season, don't talk nonsense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2024, 01:43:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Barry Jackson
@flasportsbuzz
·
11m
Riley, asked about Butler trolling Celtics when he couldn't play in the series: "If you're not on the court playing, you should keep your mouth shut."

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2024, 01:55:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Looks like Riles is done with Jimmy