Author Topic: Next best big for Brads system has to be like AL  (Read 2819 times)

Re: Next best big for Brads system has to be like AL
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 12:28:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There aren't many centers like Al.  Elite defense, elite passing, excellent floor spacing.

A *healthy* Boogie fits that mold. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Wendell Carter Jr

Some talk that Chicago were not in love with him. A bit disappointed in his rookie year. Expected more.

I do not understand that. I thought he was great.

I wonder if a package based around Smart, the Memphis pick and 1-2 firsts from this year's draft would be enough to get Chicago interested.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 12:41:32 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Too much for WCJ...(above idea)

Just saw that NBA draft.net put Eric Paschall as Celtics pick at 22.  I'll bet they did that with news of Horford's departure, even though he'd be a bench player.

Truthfully, what the C's are lacking this year is a draft pick between 31 and 38, where they could take Paschall or a stash or Samanic, Jalen Lecque, etc....It's a good range to go for an upperclassman who can get minutes right away (Paschall), or a project.

Paschall is 6'7, but has good athleticism, is 255 pounds, can shoot, great passer, high IQ, great motor, etc.
A very good idea if you want to replace Horford's IQ and position with a decent bench player.

I'd love to get both PJ Washington and Paschall.  They can play together.  Good passers playing together really creates a serious positive on the floor.  As does doubling up on IQ, motor, and leadership. 

Both Washington and Paschall could actually quickly turn into mentors for Robert Williams. 

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 12:44:09 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd like to take a gamble on Meyers Leonard. He won't turn 28 until February of next year. He has an $11.2 million contract tied to him which expires next year, not too hard to acquire.

He had great games against Golden State in the ECF, mainly shooting threes. Now I'm not saying he can keep replicating those career games, but that's his ability, and he can fit in just well.

And the good thing about it is he's probably easy to acquire. Portland has a glut of big men with Jusuf Nurkic, Zach Collins and him battling for minutes at the C/PF spot, and they need help upgrading their wings. Maybe if we take his salary for, say, Semi Ojeleye and a 2nd, we could get him?

I don't know...

A Brook Lopez wannabe center. Shoot 3s and do little else. Spread the floor and stay out of the way.

Leonard is more mobile than Brook and has legit size. He could be a capable defender if he played with more effort.

He's still just 27 years old, and it might not be too late to turn it around for him.

At the very least, it's a decent gamble. If it didn't work, we just choose not to resign him.

Yeah, I'd be fine with him so long as we give up nothing of value for him. I think he is a career bench big. Just too limited and one dimensional to be a starter. But he'd be fine as a stop-gap starter for Boston for the next year or two.

It's a pity. He had the raw talent to be so much more. Such a lazy player. And afraid of physicality. What a waste of size.

If we lose out on Kyrie and Al, we probably would have the cap space to swallow his contract outright.

Maybe trade Guerschon Yabusele and a 2nd rounder in exchange? I think the Blazers will be thrilled just to have his salary off the books next year. With Jusuf Nurkic coming back and Zach Collins being next in line, he's probably surplus to requirements.

Give him a one year look, see if he can improve his defense and physicality. Retain him if he works out, move on if he doesn't.

Decent piece of gambling here, IMO.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 12:44:44 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Demarcus cousins

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 04:19:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
There aren't many centers like Al.  Elite defense, elite passing, excellent floor spacing.

A *healthy* Boogie fits that mold.

The intangibles are nowhere close.  He's also never been as reliable an outside shooter.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 04:21:25 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I'd like to take a gamble on Meyers Leonard. He won't turn 28 until February of next year. He has an $11.2 million contract tied to him which expires next year, not too hard to acquire.

He had great games against Golden State in the ECF, mainly shooting threes. Now I'm not saying he can keep replicating those career games, but that's his ability, and he can fit in just well.

And the good thing about it is he's probably easy to acquire. Portland has a glut of big men with Jusuf Nurkic, Zach Collins and him battling for minutes at the C/PF spot, and they need help upgrading their wings. Maybe if we take his salary for, say, Semi Ojeleye and a 2nd, we could get him?

I don't know...

A Brook Lopez wannabe center. Shoot 3s and do little else. Spread the floor and stay out of the way.

Leonard is more mobile than Brook and has legit size. He could be a capable defender if he played with more effort.

He's still just 27 years old, and it might not be too late to turn it around for him.

At the very least, it's a decent gamble. If it didn't work, we just choose not to resign him.

Yeah, I'd be fine with him so long as we give up nothing of value for him. I think he is a career bench big. Just too limited and one dimensional to be a starter. But he'd be fine as a stop-gap starter for Boston for the next year or two.

It's a pity. He had the raw talent to be so much more. Such a lazy player. And afraid of physicality. What a waste of size.

If we lose out on Kyrie and Al, we probably would have the cap space to swallow his contract outright.

Maybe trade Guerschon Yabusele and a 2nd rounder in exchange? I think the Blazers will be thrilled just to have his salary off the books next year. With Jusuf Nurkic coming back and Zach Collins being next in line, he's probably surplus to requirements.

Give him a one year look, see if he can improve his defense and physicality. Retain him if he works out, move on if he doesn't.

Decent piece of gambling here, IMO.

That's why Portland should be the team to give up assets in a trade with Meyers Leonard involved.
Rather have Zach Collins though if we're dealing with Portland.