Author Topic: tonights OKC vs HEAT  (Read 6204 times)

Re: tonights OKC vs HEAT
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 08:02:24 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I turned they game off in disgust after watching Haslem knock Ibaka to the floor and get a no call then Lebron james Bull over Durant and not get called with a charge.  The integrity of this sport on this level is completely out the door.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 08:22:55 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Yeah... I stopped watching the game after the thunder were up by 10 and the refs started sending the heat to the free throw line a billion times..... Nba will not let the heat lose the championship

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Yea, I stopped watching the game in the 3rd qtr, a bit after Durant picked up his 4th on the exact play where Wade fouled him towards end of Game 2 (no-call).
I feel sorry for the Thunder
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 08:57:44 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • KG is da Man
Calls that were blatantly WRONG that of course went Miami's way:

1. Reverse by Wade where Harden did NOT even touch him that became a three point play in the first half.

2. James hop step mentioned earlier that was a CLEAR travel.

3. Haslem's block on Fisher layup was a CLEAR four that was NOT called.

4. James CLEARLY knocked the ball of the back and bottom of the backboard that was NOT called.

5. James Jones foul on Durant's layup attempt should have been a Flagrant I as he hit him on the back of the head and made NO play on the ball.

Those are my top five.

Smitty77

Thoughts???

I didn't (couldn't stand) watching the whole game, but that 4th foul on Durant in the 4th Qtr, and that no-call rebound when Ibaka got hit to the ground, as well as a missed call on a deliberate shoulder (not screen) on Hardens are pretty ugly from the refs.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 09:37:53 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • KG is da Man
Double Post Sorry
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »

Offline kp4000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 13
I was watching ESPN's Mike an Mike, this morning. Fans, again were complaining about the officiating through Twitter and Facebook. I usually don't like to blame poor officiating on the outcome of games, but watching last night's game I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theories. The Thunder were leading 10pts half-way through the third and suddenly within minutes Miami makes a run.

Lebron, had 17-FT attempts. The refs, Joey Crawford, is calling tick-tack calls on Thunder players. This ridiculous, because as a basketball fan u just want to see players earn their points and just play.

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Yea, I stopped watching the game in the 3rd qtr, a bit after Durant picked up his 4th on the exact play where Wade fouled him towards end of Game 2 (no-call).
I feel sorry for the Thunder

I believe you're referring to the play where James clearly fouled Durant twice on the baseline with the Heat up 2 and seconds left, then James fouled Westbrook as Westy tried for a rebound put back of the Durant miss.

The late foul on Harden at midcourt when James threw his shoulder into Harden as James stood there with his hands in the air like he was a holdup victim was pretty egregious also. 

The refs helped the Heat in both their wins, but the Thunder has not played well at all.  They're a better team and just need to play their game on offense and toughen up in the paint on defense.   

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
everyone explains the hop-step to me...i see lebron do it...he covers sooo much court without dribbling....okay...IT IS TRAVELLING...he didn't dribble, and he didn't fly...like jordon....he travels...man...the nba is going crazy.......

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 06:09:22 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
everyone explains the hop-step to me...i see lebron do it...he covers sooo much court without dribbling....okay...IT IS TRAVELLING...he didn't dribble, and he didn't fly...like jordon....he travels...man...the nba is going crazy.......

The hop step looks funny, but how else is a hop-step supposed to be done? You can't really jump without taking a step so I guess as long as he doesn't take two it's legal. 40inch vertical + Hopstep = a lot of distance.

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Personally I'm not one of the people who blame the refs in this past game, but you know it's getting out of hand when people who aren't even OKC fans or people who don't believe in the refs fixing games are starting to say somthing isn't right. Even the media's starting to report more about the reffing in the NBA than ever before.

I went on this website where someone was questioning the refs and even people who aren't fans of OKC and are refs (not NBA) are saying some of the calls are funny.
I just wish they would stop messing up the flow of the game and let them play.

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......

The hop step looks funny, but how else is a hop-step supposed to be done? You can't really jump without taking a step so I guess as long as he doesn't take two it's legal. 40inch vertical + Hopstep = a lot of distance.
He dribbles, picks up his dribble, still running, as soon as you pick up the dribble, one foot stays put, your pivot foot, or you jump. So, if you pick up your dribble and jump, THAT is your jump...there is no, pick up the dribble, jump, land, jump again..IT IS TRAVELLING....!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
I turned they game off in disgust after watching Haslem knock Ibaka to the floor and get a no call then Lebron james Bull over Durant and not get called with a charge.  The integrity of this sport on this level is completely out the door.

= the demise of Pro Boxing.....!!! Championship wrestling.....