Author Topic: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame  (Read 147354 times)

Re: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2009, 07:42:59 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
I had to create a new account when the site switched interfaces/servers one time.

I had a nice account going with lots of posts and TP's, but it all got flushed down the tube >:(

I've built my account back up to soemthing respectable, but I wish all my stats (from old and new accounts) could be combined.

Hopefully I"ll be a part of the CBHOF one day

cosign

« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i really dont mean to go on and on....really?

i remember me and jeff goin back and forth on how to to setup my new profile...

i was sippin on a 40oz and it made a delay in the project?

*sippin 40oz*

« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I'd like to gas myself up a bit and nominate my thread because I was way ahead of the curve on this Pierce "opt out" discussion. Now it's on the front page.  8)

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=32112.0
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2009, 10:50:08 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'd like to gas myself up a bit and nominate my thread because I was way ahead of the curve on this Pierce "opt out" discussion. Now it's on the front page.  8)

Not for nothing, but haven't people been talking about Pierce opting out since at least last season? 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2009, 08:39:40 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

Not for nothing, but haven't people been talking about Pierce opting out since at least last season? 

Link me up.

« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2009, 09:01:59 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Also Roy, Look at the 82.4% who voted something like this would never happen. You were part of that 82.4%...

« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2009, 09:08:17 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
So the HOF became official I see. Nice touch.

« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2009, 09:15:19 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
So the HOF became official I see. Nice touch.

He's back! With the classic avatar!

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2009, 09:22:49 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Also Roy, Look at the 82.4% who voted something like this would never happen. You were part of that 82.4%...

Um...  it hasn't happened yet.

However, it's not like you invented the possibility, you know?  I mean, heck, I talked about it in my FAQs at the beginning of the off-season, and I wasn't the first person to think of it, either.

Anyway, back to all things HOF:  welcome back, maestro.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

However, it's not like you invented the possibility, you know?  I mean, heck, I talked about it in my FAQs at the beginning of the off-season, and I wasn't the first person to think of it, either.

I made the thread and it got shot down by many (including you) as a highly unlikely scenario. Pierce was asked about it soon after I posted and said it's something he'd be willing to discuss. That in itself feels pretty good... I'm not claiming to be the first to realize he has a player option, but I don't recall a thread on these forums about this specific topic and the likelihood of him opting out.

If it goes down I will be right and you will be wrong and the opposite is true if it doesn't. There's no gray area for either one of us to argue or persuade.

Is that about right?

« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2009, 10:10:20 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I made the thread and it got shot down by many (including you) as a highly unlikely scenario. Pierce was asked about it soon after I posted and said it's something he'd be willing to discuss. That in itself feels pretty good... I'm not claiming to be the first to realize he has a player option, but I don't recall a thread on these forums about this specific topic and the likelihood of him opting out.

If it goes down I will be right and you will be wrong and the opposite is true if it doesn't. There's no gray area for either one of us to argue or persuade.

Is that about right?

So let's put it in the CB Hall of Fame? (on your own account)

Is that about right?  ::)
Yup

« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2009, 10:11:54 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Is that about right?

Would you say its about right that most people frown on self nomination for hall of fame honors?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

Is that about right?

Well, if it goes down I think it would be a solid "I called it" thread and HOF worthy. Especially considering I got murdered for it.  ::) :P

« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2009, 10:14:04 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

Is that about right?

Would you say its about right that most people frown on self nomination for hall of fame honors?

Right, because I'm the very first to nominate myself...

« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2009, 10:14:04 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Is that about right?

Well, if it goes down I think it would be a solid "I called it" thread and HOF worthy. Especially considering I got murdered for it.  ::) :P

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=29361.0

LarBrd33 for the Hall of Fame! 

::)