Author Topic: Stevens... it's time to let Tatum and Brown get loose  (Read 7227 times)

Re: Stevens... it's time to let Tatum and Brown get loose
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2019, 02:40:10 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
The point of sitting Kyrie is to let the other guys feel like the man and not have the crutch of Kyrie saving them.

Pacers have a brutal schedule.

I wouldn't even play Kyrie or Horford tomorrow vs Philly. Do not give them any confidence and keeping those two out wouldnt give them anything on video to gameplan against.

We arent dropping past the 5th seed. Time to also start playing Williams.

These guys are professional athletes not 3rd graders.
Yeah, treating them like children has been part of the problem IMO
A seemingly common concensus among Kyrie haters is that our young guys are spoiled 5 year-old brats who need to be coddled and pampered.

Nothing to do with coddling or pampering. It has everything to do with playing in a stagnant offense with a ball-dominant point guard that hinders their ability to find an offensive rhythm. Was last season a mirage ? Did Brown and Tatum suddenly become inferior players, both during the same season ?
Don't understand the description of the Celtic offense as stagnant. The average nearly 300 passes a game. If you look at team passing stats and team assist stats the Celtics are in the top 5-7 in just about any stat you look at. There is simply little proof the Celtics have a stagnant offense.

You want stagnant offenses look at Houston(246 passes per game) or OKC(237 passes per game).

Well, passing stats indicate that the ball is moving (at least between two players).   It doesn't necessarily indicate by itself whether players are moving.   And in the classic definition of a "motion offense" the word "motion" is supposed to refer to the motion of the players more so than the ball. 

And in this regard, the stats aren't so kind to us.   Per NBA tracking data the Celtics rank 19th in average speed on offense and 26th in total distance the players move per game on offense.   Those aren't indicative of a lot of player movement.

The lack of player movement in Brad's offense is one thing I just don't get.  I always thought moving without the ball, running off screens, moving to go screen for a team mate was the epitome of good team basketball.  It makes the def WORK to stop you.  We have great athletes on our team but they stand in one place way too much imo.

Another great point. I absolutely hate this offense. We have all these multi-skilled players and so many times 2 are just standing in the corners. UGH, it's frustrating to watch.