Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 375508 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #1350 on: November 27, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Cavs have reportedly offered Korver and a protected pick for Fultz

Dang. #1 Pick potentially could be traded for 37-year old Korver + a heavily protected pick  :o

If the Sixers never take that "next step", then the Fultz/Tatum Draft will be what haunts the Sixers the most IMHO.
Funny how a protected pick becomes a heavily protected pick on here when the Sixers are involved.  In a dozen more posts, it'll probably be a 2nd rounder. 

What’s funnier is a person on a Celtics site complaining about the “mistreatment” another team receives in describing a pick they would receive.

Let’s not forget that you’re a diehard C’s fan, so anything that hurts a competitor should cause you to rejoice.

« Reply #1351 on: November 27, 2018, 09:05:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

Dang. #1 Pick potentially could be traded for 37-year old Korver + a heavily protected pick  :o

If the Sixers never take that "next step", then the Fultz/Tatum Draft will be what haunts the Sixers the most IMHO.
Funny how a protected pick becomes a heavily protected pick on here when the Sixers are involved.  In a dozen more posts, it'll probably be a 2nd rounder. 

Unless the Kings draft pick turns out much better than it currently looks (late lottery), I doubt the Fultz trade would haunt the Sixers most.  If the trade didn't occur, Fultz is almost certainly available at the 3rd spot where the Sixers were picking.  Losing a late lottery pick isn't that big of a deal especially when it was acquired in a salary dump heist.

Celticsstrong’s resident Sixers fan strikes again!

And aren’t you forgetting something? Not only would it be losing a “late lottery pick,” which I think we all know will be better than that by year’s end, it would also be losing a top-3 pick in what is one of the better drafts in recent memory, all for a washed up Kyle Korver and middling first round pick, as we all know he’s not drawing an unprotected or even lightly protected first round pick at this point.

« Reply #1352 on: November 27, 2018, 09:10:28 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Unless the Kings draft pick turns out much better than it currently looks (late lottery), I doubt the Fultz trade would haunt the Sixers most.  If the trade didn't occur, Fultz is almost certainly available at the 3rd spot where the Sixers were picking.  Losing a late lottery pick isn't that big of a deal especially when it was acquired in a salary dump heist.

And aren’t you forgetting something? Not only would it be losing a “late lottery pick,” which I think we all know will be better than that by year’s end, it would also be losing a top-3 pick in what is one of the better drafts in recent memory, all for a washed up Kyle Korver and middling first round pick, as we all know he’s not drawing an unprotected or even lightly protected first round pick at this point.

Is he really a Sixers fan? I can’t imagine myself making over 4K posts on a site dedicated to another team. Seems like a real waste of time.

« Reply #1353 on: November 27, 2018, 09:10:41 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Yeah, all they ended up losing in that case was Tatum. Clearly though he's not good enough for that PHI team and just wouldn't fit that team.  ::)

And what first round pick is CLE offering PHI? Because right now CLE is pretty much a lock to land a Top-3 pick with the one they have this year.
If the trade doesn't happen, Danny drafts Tatum at #1 and Magic drafts Ball at #2.  So the Sixers wouldn't have a shot at Tatum anyway. 

It would be their own protected 1st that would presumably roll over into future years until at some point it would convey or convert to 2nd round picks.  Where did you think the "heavily protected 1st" was coming from? 

Cleveland isn't a lock to have a top 3 pick.  With the new lottery odds, the worst record team has a 47.9% chance of ending up with the 5th pick.  Now in all likelihood the pick would be lottery protected or top 10 at best so it wouldn't convey in the next draft.   

« Reply #1354 on: November 27, 2018, 09:15:37 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Yeah, all they ended up losing in that case was Tatum. Clearly though he's not good enough for that PHI team and just wouldn't fit that team.  ::)

And what first round pick is CLE offering PHI? Because right now CLE is pretty much a lock to land a Top-3 pick with the one they have this year.
If the trade doesn't happen, Danny drafts Tatum at #1 and Magic drafts Ball at #2.  So the Sixers wouldn't have a shot at Tatum anyway. 

It would be their own protected 1st that would presumably roll over into future years until at some point it would convey or convert to 2nd round picks.  Where did you think the "heavily protected 1st" was coming from? 

Cleveland isn't a lock to have a top 3 pick.  With the new lottery odds, the worst record team has a 47.9% chance of ending up with the 5th pick.  Now in all likelihood the pick would be lottery protected or top 10 at best so it wouldn't convey in the next draft.   

Right because the Sixers were obligated to take a bust at #3. League rules prevented them from trading a couple spots down and selecting Fox or way down and selecting Mitchell. Thankfully they were mandated to take broken shot/brain Fultz.

« Reply #1355 on: November 27, 2018, 09:18:50 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Reading comprehension apparently isn't your strong suit.  My premise is that the Sixers would have ended up with Fultz regardless of whether the trade happened or not.  So from a trade perspective, Colangelo needlessly traded the Kings pick whether or not Fultz turns into a star, a bust or somewhere in between.   

« Reply #1356 on: November 27, 2018, 09:23:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The Cavs can't trade their pick this year. It is owed to the Hawks I think but it is top 10 protected this year and next year before it becomes a 2nd.  So any pick from the Cavs is well in the future and would be pretty well protected given that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1357 on: November 27, 2018, 09:31:25 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Right because the Sixers were obligated to take a bust at #3. League rules prevented them from trading a couple spots down and selecting Fox or way down and selecting Mitchell. Thankfully they were mandated to take broken shot/brain Fultz.
Are you dense or do you just not read the posts?  I was commenting on the trade itself not on their decision to draft Fultz.  Colangelo traded up to get #1 to get Fultz.  He certainly would have taken Fultz if he had fallen to #3.

Personally Fox was my guy and I would have preferred him over Fultz or Tatum.  Now for the Sixers there would have probably been compatibility issues with Fox and Simmons and for us Fox would have been stuck behind Irving. 

« Reply #1358 on: November 27, 2018, 09:37:50 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
The Cavs can't trade their pick this year. It is owed to the Hawks I think but it is top 10 protected this year and next year before it becomes a 2nd.  So any pick from the Cavs is well in the future and would be pretty well protected given that.
Argggh!!!!  The one time I don't check the future draft pick site.  TP for the correction.

« Reply #1359 on: November 27, 2018, 09:42:36 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Are you dense or do you just not read the posts?  I was commenting on the trade itself not on their decision to draft Fultz.  Colangelo traded up to get #1 to get Fultz.  He certainly would have taken Fultz if he had fallen to #3.

Personally Fox was my guy and I would have preferred him over Fultz or Tatum.  Now for the Sixers there would have probably been compatibility issues with Fox and Simmons and for us Fox would have been stuck behind Irving.

So according to you I’m dense and Potter has reading comprehension? Perhaps it’s you that aren’t making yourself clear and nobody seems to really understand what p--- poor excuse you’re trying to make in order to minimize the disastrous decision of trading away the #3 (Tatum) and the Kings pick for what may turn out to be the decaying remains of Kyle Korver and a top 55 protected second round pick.

« Reply #1360 on: November 27, 2018, 09:43:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
No more questioning another poster's fandom. It is quite against site rules. So knock it off.

« Reply #1361 on: November 27, 2018, 09:44:05 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Is he really a Sixers fan? I can’t imagine myself making over 4K posts on a site dedicated to another team. Seems like a real waste of time.
I'm a Celtics fan for 30 years, although some of the posters on here make me wonder why, and a big Embiid fan so I follow the Sixers too.   

« Reply #1362 on: November 27, 2018, 09:55:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Also, to be clear, the Cavs believe they could get a 1st for Korver at the deadline, so they would essentially be trading 2 late 1st's for Fultz, which is certainly a lot more value then a lot of people on this board think Fultz has at this point.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1363 on: November 27, 2018, 09:55:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I'm a Celtics fan for 30 years, although some of the posters on here make me wonder why, and a big Embiid fan so I follow the Sixers too.

Why? Because you disagree with Celtics fans about Sixers related topics? Do you think a C’s fan would be treated better on a Lakers or Sixers forum if they were a “big fan” of Kyrie or Tatum and talked about the rival player/team ad nauseam? The answer is painfully obvious so blaming a C’s fanbase for doing what any other fanbase would do is pretty weak. Try that on Real GM and not only would you get ripped to shreds, but you would be banned immediately.

« Reply #1364 on: November 27, 2018, 09:56:34 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

I'm an Embiid and Anthony Davis fan too, nothing wrong with that. I love the old style of big man basketball, there aren't many dominant centers around nowadays so I love to see these two play and have great careers.

Still, I gotta say, Horford somehow manages to dominate both of these guys! With him and Baynes, they always make Embiid and AD look mediocre against us.