Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 375849 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #840 on: March 10, 2017, 02:06:33 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
How is consistently calling guys role players speaking highly of them?

Everyone knows role players win chips. God your philly homerism makes me feel sick ;)
#JKJB

« Reply #841 on: March 10, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Well if you are calling guys quality role players but yet they aren't good enough to even be NBA players, that's speaking too highly of them.

« Reply #842 on: March 10, 2017, 02:08:59 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Are you just playing dumb at this point? I'll explain it again for you, you talked about the following players as contributors that would help the 76ers win games: Tony Wroten, Furkin Aldemir, Isiah Canaan, Moultrie, Hollis Thompson, Henry Sims, Kendall Marshall, Jakaar Sampson and some guy named Wallace"

Those guys are not role players. They are players that are not good enough to be playing in the NBA (let alone helping them win games). Despite them all being young, every single one of them is currently out of the league except for Thompson on a 10 day contract and Cannaan who has racked up 28 DNP-CD's in the last 2 months for a Bulls team that at times has desperately needed healthy guards. What kind of "role" are these guys playing?

Again, I will repeat. The jig is up.

PS thanks for the PM's of support regarding this, I think it is important to do.

« Reply #843 on: March 10, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Well if you are calling guys quality role players but yet they aren't good enough to even be NBA players, that's speaking too highly of them.

Thank god Moiso for saying this. I will give you tp's every time i see you for a bit.

« Reply #844 on: March 10, 2017, 02:13:38 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Thank god Moiso for saying this. I will give you tp's every time i see you for a bit.
You've been getting your share from me lately too.  Back to your LBrd posts.

« Reply #845 on: March 10, 2017, 02:22:35 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
This whole Philly thing has been an interesting psychological experiment.  A bunch of non-jocks seized on Hinkie as their chance to prove they understood the game better than the guys who, you know, actually play it.  What they proved is that they can be just as blind and foolish as the biggest hater of analytics.

Mike

« Reply #846 on: March 10, 2017, 02:36:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just keep it up everyone...this is extremely entertaining.

« Reply #847 on: March 10, 2017, 07:39:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
It seems Clay doesn't even read the things he claims I've said that he thinks proves his points.  None of my projections on the success of Philly had anything to do with grant, Sampson, Thompson, Wroten, etc.  Those guys have always been role players which was the only point I've ever made about them.  Some of hose players had devasting injuries and are now out of the league.  Aldemir went back to Europe because he wasnt happy in the states.

My analysis regarding Philly's potential and outlook has always centered around their high draft picks not their role players.  Of course Clay just pulls a post (or a part of a post) from a thread and none of the other ones.  He never posts his comments many of which are wrong.  He takes context oit of everything.  Follow me around in countless threads stalking me for no apparent reason other then he is an Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. plain and simple who adds nothing to the thread he is posting in.  All of this is of course against site rules.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #848 on: March 10, 2017, 08:28:49 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It seems Clay doesn't even read the things he claims I've said that he thinks proves his points.  None of my projections on the success of Philly had anything to do with grant, Sampson, Thompson, Wroten, etc.  Those guys have always been role players which was the only point I've ever made about them.  Some of hose players had devasting injuries and are now out of the league.  Aldemir went back to Europe because he wasnt happy in the states.

My analysis regarding Philly's potential and outlook has always centered around their high draft picks not their role players.  Of course Clay just pulls a post (or a part of a post) from a thread and none of the other ones.  He never posts his comments many of which are wrong.  He takes context oit of everything.  Follow me around in countless threads stalking me for no apparent reason other then he is an **** plain and simple who adds nothing to the thread he is posting in.  All of this is of course against site rules.

Would it really be that big a blow to your ego to admit "Yeah, I got a little carried away with that stuff"?

And let's be clear about one thing.  Guys who spend YEARS on a Boston Celtics site blowing the trumpet about the greatness of the Philadelphia 76ers have no standing to complain when people want to hold them accountable for it.

Mike

« Reply #849 on: March 10, 2017, 08:46:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

My analysis regarding Philly's potential and outlook has always centered around their high draft picks not their role players.  Of course Clay just pulls a post (or a part of a post) from a thread and none of the other ones.  He never posts his comments many of which are wrong.  He takes context oit of everything.  Follow me around in countless threads stalking me for no apparent reason other then he is an **** plain and simple who adds nothing to the thread he is posting in.  All of this is of course against site rules.

Would it really be that big a blow to your ego to admit "Yeah, I got a little carried away with that stuff"?

And let's be clear about one thing.  Guys who spend YEARS on a Boston Celtics site blowing the trumpet about the greatness of the Philadelphia 76ers have no standing to complain when people want to hold them accountable for it.

Mike
the thing is I never actually did that with the guys Clay is spouting off about. That is the issue I have with that Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..  He just posts nonsense in response to posts that have nothing to do with the nonsense he posts.  He is a hypocritical Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. to the highest degree.

« Reply #850 on: March 12, 2017, 03:06:58 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Mike

Thanks Mike. I think it speaks volumes that after I pulled in a bunch of direct quotes from Moranis going across 3 years he has not resorted to calling me names, cursing and asking for me to be banned from the site.

Moranis, you can call me names all you want, but at this point you are just embarrassing yourself and everyone on this thread is seeing that. I agree with Mike and others that you could just own up to your mistakes in the past and stop with the philly nonsense. Philly has some nice pieces, they also have a few questions marks. I think a lot of people enjoy discussing Embiid when he is playing or previously Noel. You have devoted countless energy talking up Wroten, Sampson, Thompson, Aldemir, Sims, Moultrie, Kendall Marshall, Cannaan etc. Its just embarrassing and there are even more examples than what I pulled in here.

« Reply #851 on: March 12, 2017, 01:08:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Clay the problem I have with you is twofold.  First, you follow me around posting irrelevant off topic things constantly.  Second, you have consistently misconstrued those irrelevant off topic things.  You can see that on the prior page. 

For example, let's look at my partial post from 2014. 

Moranis 2014: "Philadelphia is probably better positioned to win a title in the next 5 years than Boston is.  Philadelphia has the reigning rookie of the year, a top contender for rookie of the year this year in Noel, a top contender for rookie of the year next year in Embiid, a top contender for rookie of the year two years from now in Saric, some solid other young players like Wroten and Moultrie,

Clay's "Analysis": Notable as an another example of talking of 76ers role players who are now out of the league (moultrie?), and being high on Noel who was recently traded for a bag of balls. Granted, I am high on Noel too but this is clear example of Moranis moving the goal posts over time to retain the everything is good in Philly narrative. With near being 3 seasons later and Noel gone, Simmons not having played and Embiid doubtful to string together full season them winning a championship in the next few years seems highly improbable.

Now let's remember, this was before Embiid was ruled out his 2nd year.  The reigning rookie of the year was traded for the yet to transfer Lakers pick.  Though, Embiid definitely looks like a star if he can stay healthy.  I was right about Saric as well (who is going to win the rookie of the year this year i.e. 2 years from now).  Had Embiid played last year, he likely would have been rookie of the year given his talent and just how well he played this year missing a whole nother year.  Yet the first thing Clay, talks about is my last comment about Moultrie and the fact that Noel got traded (though in his last 3 games in Dallas is averaging 13 and 11).  If you think Moultrie and Wroten are why in 2014 I thought Philly was better positioned to win a title in 5 years than Boston, then you are just a crazy nut job. 

Ok now about this one from 2015. 

Moranis 2015 They only won 17 games.  I really think 34 is reasonable for them as Noel now is a full season removed from the injury (and the second year is always better than the first) and I do really like Okafor.  He was the most NBA ready of all players in the draft.  I expect Aldemir to make a big jump with a full season.  Thompson is still an incredible shooter.  Grant, Covington, Canaan, and Sampson should all improve.  Wroten is back.  They added Staukas.  I like Wallace and Landry for leadership potential.

It will all come down to Noel and Okafor, obviously, but I really think they are going to surprise a lot of people.

Analysis: Oh boy here Moranis is projecting the 76ers to win 34 games in 2015-2016 citing improvements from Canaan, Jakaar Sampson, a big jump from Furkan Aldemir, the incredible shooting of Hollis Thompson and the development of Noel and Okafor along with the return of Tony Wroten.

What happened? Aldemir, Sampson and Thompson were all eventually waived by the 76ers. The "return of Wroten" led to him also getting cut from the team, briefly being signed by the Knicks and then cut again. The team would go on to nearly break the all-time record for futility in the league with a 10-72 record a very far cry from the surprising 34 wins you projected.

Funny, the analysis from Clay totally ignore the real meat of my post i.e. it will all come down to Noel and Okafor.  Those two obviously didn't play well together, which is why the Sixers were a horrible team last year.  Aldemir went back to Europe.  Wroten had a devasting injury (odd clay never accounts for injuries).

The rest of those posts of mine, that allegedly prove Clay's nonsense is just more of the same from him.  Total hack jobs, taking things out of context, and ignoring the real meat of the posts. 

For example, let's look at that last one.

Moranis 2015: "There isn't a team in the league wouldn't sign Covington, Stauskas, Wroten, Thompson, and Grant to their roster immediately if they were available (at least at vet minimum type contracts).  Marshall had more suitors than just Philly last summer. 

People love to talk in hyperbole with the Sixers.  It is the new fun thing to do, but it is just silly talk."

Analysis: People were being hyperbolic when they questioned how good these players were.
Yet Wroten has not played in the NBA in two years, Thompson was just on waivers for 2 months after the 76ers cut him and Marshal has been out of the league for years also. So it clearly was not just "silly talk."

Stauskas has rebounded a bit this year, but was one of the last players to make their roster this year. This isn't even the most ridiculous one, but clearly a very high opinion of guys who are half out of the league.

So let's see I said Covington, Stauskas, Wroten, Thompson, and Grant would be signed to every team in the league as a vet minimum type contract at least.  Wroten suffered a devasting injury and was never the same, but last time I checked those other 4 guys are all in the league and two of them aren't on the Sixers (heck they got Ilyasova and a 1st for Grant - who oddly enough is playing the most efficient ball of his career in 20 mpg for a playoff team, strange I thought all those Sixers bench players were terrible).  Marshall for the record, I didn't say would be signed by every team in the league, merely that he had more suitors than just the Sixers, of course Marshall like Wroten suffered a pretty devasting injury and statistically suffered badly as a result (well below his career numbers his final season - of course when you are talking about a role player, no surprise he is out of the league).   

« Reply #852 on: March 12, 2017, 01:13:54 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Clay the problem I have with you is twofold.  First, you follow me around posting irrelevant off topic things constantly.  Second, you have consistently misconstrued those irrelevant off topic things.  You can see that on the prior page. 

For example, let's look at my partial post from 2014. 

Moranis 2014: "Philadelphia is probably better positioned to win a title in the next 5 years than Boston is.  Philadelphia has the reigning rookie of the year, a top contender for rookie of the year this year in Noel, a top contender for rookie of the year next year in Embiid, a top contender for rookie of the year two years from now in Saric, some solid other young players like Wroten and Moultrie,

Clay's "Analysis": Notable as an another example of talking of 76ers role players who are now out of the league (moultrie?), and being high on Noel who was recently traded for a bag of balls. Granted, I am high on Noel too but this is clear example of Moranis moving the goal posts over time to retain the everything is good in Philly narrative. With near being 3 seasons later and Noel gone, Simmons not having played and Embiid doubtful to string together full season them winning a championship in the next few years seems highly improbable.

Now let's remember, this was before Embiid was ruled out his 2nd year.  The reigning rookie of the year was traded for the yet to transfer Lakers pick.  Though, Embiid definitely looks like a star if he can stay healthy.  I was right about Saric as well (who is going to win the rookie of the year this year i.e. 2 years from now).  Had Embiid played last year, he likely would have been rookie of the year given his talent and just how well he played this year missing a whole nother year.  Yet the first thing Clay, talks about is my last comment about Moultrie and the fact that Noel got traded (though in his last 3 games in Dallas is averaging 13 and 11).  If you think Moultrie and Wroten are why in 2014 I thought Philly was better positioned to win a title in 5 years than Boston, then you are just a crazy nut job. 

Ok now about this one from 2015. 

Moranis 2015 They only won 17 games.  I really think 34 is reasonable for them as Noel now is a full season removed from the injury (and the second year is always better than the first) and I do really like Okafor.  He was the most NBA ready of all players in the draft.  I expect Aldemir to make a big jump with a full season.  Thompson is still an incredible shooter.  Grant, Covington, Canaan, and Sampson should all improve.  Wroten is back.  They added Staukas.  I like Wallace and Landry for leadership potential.

It will all come down to Noel and Okafor, obviously, but I really think they are going to surprise a lot of people.

Analysis: Oh boy here Moranis is projecting the 76ers to win 34 games in 2015-2016 citing improvements from Canaan, Jakaar Sampson, a big jump from Furkan Aldemir, the incredible shooting of Hollis Thompson and the development of Noel and Okafor along with the return of Tony Wroten.

What happened? Aldemir, Sampson and Thompson were all eventually waived by the 76ers. The "return of Wroten" led to him also getting cut from the team, briefly being signed by the Knicks and then cut again. The team would go on to nearly break the all-time record for futility in the league with a 10-72 record a very far cry from the surprising 34 wins you projected.

Funny, the analysis from Clay totally ignore the real meat of my post i.e. it will all come down to Noel and Okafor.  Those two obviously didn't play well together, which is why the Sixers were a horrible team last year.  Aldemir went back to Europe.  Wroten had a devasting injury (odd clay never accounts for injuries).

The rest of those posts of mine, that allegedly prove Clay's nonsense is just more of the same from him.  Total hack jobs, taking things out of context, and ignoring the real meat of the posts. 

For example, let's look at that last one.

Moranis 2015: "There isn't a team in the league wouldn't sign Covington, Stauskas, Wroten, Thompson, and Grant to their roster immediately if they were available (at least at vet minimum type contracts).  Marshall had more suitors than just Philly last summer. 

People love to talk in hyperbole with the Sixers.  It is the new fun thing to do, but it is just silly talk."

Analysis: People were being hyperbolic when they questioned how good these players were.
Yet Wroten has not played in the NBA in two years, Thompson was just on waivers for 2 months after the 76ers cut him and Marshal has been out of the league for years also. So it clearly was not just "silly talk."

Stauskas has rebounded a bit this year, but was one of the last players to make their roster this year. This isn't even the most ridiculous one, but clearly a very high opinion of guys who are half out of the league.

So let's see I said Covington, Stauskas, Wroten, Thompson, and Grant would be signed to every team in the league as a vet minimum type contract at least.  Wroten suffered a devasting injury and was never the same, but last time I checked those other 4 guys are all in the league and two of them aren't on the Sixers (heck they got Ilyasova and a 1st for Grant - who oddly enough is playing the most efficient ball of his career in 20 mpg for a playoff team, strange I thought all those Sixers bench players were terrible).  Marshall for the record, I didn't say would be signed by every team in the league, merely that he had more suitors than just the Sixers, of course Marshall like Wroten suffered a pretty devasting injury and statistically suffered badly as a result (well below his career numbers his final season - of course when you are talking about a role player, no surprise he is out of the league).   

Sorry man. Your posts speak for themselves and your narrative surrounding the Celtics compared to a team like the 76ers speaks for itself. I could do this with you forever and your posts skew super negative towards Celtics and super positive towards 76ers. The 76ers could win 7 games in a row and you would start a thread calling out then being close to playoff position. The wizards could pass the Celtics and you would start a thread pointing that out (oh wait you did that today). I get it. Almost everyone else here gets it. You can complain a way and curse and throw a fit but it doesn't change your posting history. Either change it or own it.

« Reply #853 on: March 12, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Moranis, but you're usually wrong. It's pretty clear. You can try to spin things however you want, but at this point you should just chalk it up as a loss and let it go.

« Reply #854 on: March 12, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
My posts do speak for themselves of course your stalking me with your biased nonsense and total and utter lack of reading comprehension also speak for themselves.

BTW, in October 2016, you said this "The 76ers have an amazing foundation."  It appears you agree with most of my underlying posts, yet you continue this nonsense of following me around from thread to thread and commenting with this off topic nonsense.  It is unnecessary and is against site rules.  Stop doing it.