Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 376057 times)

Re: embib not only has knee contusion
« Reply #660 on: February 13, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Seems like the perfect scenario to continue their tank-a-thon.

Sit Embiid, trade Noel/Okafor, get second-best odds, push LAL odds down, hope for two top-5 picks in stacked draft.

Them getting second best odds seems really really unlikely. They would have to outsuck teams like the suns and lakers and are already even with a bunch of other teams. Even if they don't play Embiid again it would be pretty shocking to not see simmons at all this year and Noel, Covington, Henderson, Saric and Illasova are all already NBA players. They are too far along in their rebuild to go on a 25 game losing streak at this point.

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #661 on: February 13, 2017, 01:45:36 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
This thread has gone to a really weird place.

Anyways, Embiid dancing is a non-issue. He's been practicing and working out on the court. The idea that lightly dancing around a stage is in any way going to put him at risk seems silly to me when he's playing bball at practice.

I suspect he'd be playing if this were the playoffs or something.
Last I heard he was just shooting around; every time he tried to play the knee flared up.

« Reply #662 on: February 13, 2017, 01:52:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
I wouldn't be worried at all about Embiid's health. The Sixers are obviously milking a minor injury to showcase Okafor and Noel, and it's working.

If anyone is actually worried about Embiid's health, then they should be really worried about Avery Bradley's health.

« Reply #663 on: February 13, 2017, 02:13:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I wouldn't be worried at all about Embiid's health. The Sixers are obviously milking a minor injury to showcase Okafor and Noel, and it's working.

If anyone is actually worried about Embiid's health, then they should be really worried about Avery Bradley's health.

This is a bizarre comparison. Bradley definitely gets dinged up more than the average player but is coming off completed seasons of playing 76 and 77 regular seasons games (and has been in the league 6 full seasons at this point). Embiid missed 2 full seasons, couldn't complete his one college season and now is potentially missing significant time with a new knee injury of debatable severity. I apologize if you are being sarcastic or joking here but I honestly can't tell with some of this Philly stuff when people are serious any more. There is so much hyperbole.

« Reply #664 on: February 13, 2017, 02:20:33 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Showcasing Okafor by holding him out of games?

« Reply #665 on: February 13, 2017, 09:36:40 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

Showcasing Okafor by holding him out of games?

To be fair, it's not like playing him was going to drive up his value lol...

« Reply #666 on: February 14, 2017, 04:50:00 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
For someone that has been debated as much as he has this is a very important read

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/does-jahlil-okafor-have-a-place-in-todays-nba/

« Reply #667 on: February 14, 2017, 05:06:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
For someone that has been debated as much as he has this is a very important read

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/does-jahlil-okafor-have-a-place-in-todays-nba/

Okafor should read it, it might help him figure out how to be a more productive player. Still time for him to improve his poor rebounding numbers. He has the body and athleticism to do a lot better.

« Reply #668 on: February 14, 2017, 05:28:13 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Torn meniscus isn't career threatening but it definitely isn't minor. If not given proper treatment and time, it can lead to other more significant injuries and problems in the knee.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #669 on: February 15, 2017, 01:51:21 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
So with the whole "Okafor trade-gate" ruse now a complete failure and it being clear that they're not going to get what they need for Okafor, do the 76ers simply just accept him as a backup center for now and move forward with trading Noel? Wouldn't that make the most sense for him anyways - a Kanter-like backup center in this league?

« Reply #670 on: February 15, 2017, 07:18:45 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
So with the whole "Okafor trade-gate" ruse now a complete failure and it being clear that they're not going to get what they need for Okafor, do the 76ers simply just accept him as a backup center for now and move forward with trading Noel? Wouldn't that make the most sense for him anyways - a Kanter-like backup center in this league?
I don't think there is a Noel trade in the works either.  I think they'll try again to move Okafor during the draft.  Even if that doesn't happen, I think they'll offer Noel the minimum qualifying offer and see how expensive he gets to keep. 

« Reply #671 on: February 16, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

« Reply #672 on: February 16, 2017, 05:51:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

« Reply #673 on: February 16, 2017, 06:14:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Report: Scan shows Ben Simmons foot not fully healed

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/report-scan-shows-ben-simmons-foot-not-fully-healed/

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/2/16/14642082/report-ben-simmons-foot-not-fully-healed-sixers-said-it-was-joel-embiid-brett-brown-bryan-colangelo

Ole Lyin' Bryan Colangelo at it again!

Seriously, that entire management and ownership group is a mess in Philly right now. During BC's short tenure, he's already been caught in several blatant lies, including this latest Simmons lie, and is suspected to be lying about several other things.

Brett Brown seems to be the only good thing going for them in terms of coaching, management, and ownership.

« Reply #674 on: February 16, 2017, 06:33:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Report: Scan shows Ben Simmons foot not fully healed

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/report-scan-shows-ben-simmons-foot-not-fully-healed/

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/2/16/14642082/report-ben-simmons-foot-not-fully-healed-sixers-said-it-was-joel-embiid-brett-brown-bryan-colangelo

Ole Lyin' Bryan Colangelo at it again!

Seriously, that entire management and ownership group is a mess in Philly right now. During BC's short tenure, he's already been caught in several blatant lies, including this latest Simmons lie, and is suspected to be lying about several other things.

Brett Brown seems to be the only good thing going for them in terms of coaching, management, and ownership.

i honestly don't get why BC is lying about everything right now. It is just weird and doesn't make any sense to me. It is like he is trying to get fired or something.