Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 375848 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #600 on: February 11, 2017, 08:04:10 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Looks like Embiid has a torn meniscus in his left knee.

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/830564619232145408

The basketball gods are angry.

The Seventy Stinkers played by the rules but were dishonorable.
Their whole rebuild hinges on Embiid. Torn MCL isn't the worst thing but for a guy with his size and injury concerns, this not good news.

That organization has a weird vibe.

Heard that he was at a concert in Philly last night DANCING on the stage. Plus, I think he was diagnosed with an MRI on the 20th, and then he played in the Houston game (I think) after that and then not much if at all since.

You're right, a meniscus tear isn't the end of the world, and I hope for Embiid's sake, it isn't. No tears for Philly or their fans, though.
Nor will I.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #601 on: February 11, 2017, 08:04:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
He's way too fragile. His legs even look unstable at times with amount of times they seem to buckle.  He's only played 31 games this year while being coddled with limited minutes and without any back to backs. He's very talented, no doubt, but how can anyone realistically think he can stand up to entire year and then dealing with physical playoff basketball.

HS Career- Said have to dealt with a variety of injuries
Freshman Year- 29 games and sustained a back fracture
1st Season- 0 games recovering from foot surgery
2nd Season- 0 games still recovering from foot surgery
3rd Season- 31 games of non-stop coddling and sustains a meniscus tear

« Reply #602 on: February 11, 2017, 08:07:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
He's way too fragile. His legs even look unstable at times with amount of times they seem to buckle.  He's only played 31 games this year while being coddled with limited minutes and without any back to backs. He's very talented, no doubt, but how can anyone realistically think he can stand up to entire year and then dealing with physical playoff basketball.

HS Career- Said have to dealt with a variety of injuries
Freshman Year- 29 games and sustained a back fracture
1st Season- 0 games recovering from foot surgery
2nd Season- 0 games still recovering from foot surgery
3rd Season- 31 games of non-stop coddling and sustains a meniscus tear

You're right, he does look unsteady at times. I was attributing it to being cautious, but you might be right.

Als, just now on 98.5, they were talking about it and suggested that the tenderness in his knee that has caused him to play in limited games was caused by the meniscus tear. Who knows?

« Reply #603 on: February 11, 2017, 08:28:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

« Reply #604 on: February 11, 2017, 09:42:36 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Not that this is good, but it sounds like a tear of the part of meniscus that heals. Won't require surgery, and isn't considered a huge deal.

Still... I'd much rather go with the bone bruise haha.

Apparently Okafor was sen shaking hands on the bench in a really weird way that might be a trade too.

« Reply #605 on: February 11, 2017, 09:54:57 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I wonder what this means for Noel.

With yet another significant injury for Embiid, it might not be a bad idea to just keep him at whatever cost.

Eddie is right - Embiid has been incredibly coddled and protected (justifiably) by the 76ers this season, playing extremely limited minutes and missing many games for protection from being overplayed and reinjuring himself. And that's how they should've played him. They did everything they could to slowly integrate him back into playing shape. Yet he still somehow gets injured. For a big man as athletic and big as Embiid, that doesn't bode well for his future.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Noel now.

« Reply #606 on: February 11, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Garry Cobb‏ @GarryCobb

Jahlil Okafor shaking hands with #Sixers personnel behind the scenes like he's saying Good-Bye. Traded? I think so!!!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #607 on: February 11, 2017, 10:02:00 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Not that this is good, but it sounds like a tear of the part of meniscus that heals. Won't require surgery, and isn't considered a huge deal.

Still... I'd much rather go with the bone bruise haha.

Apparently Okafor was sen shaking hands on the bench in a really weird way that might be a trade too.

Looks like you're right about Okafor. Per David Aldridge:

Sixers, about to break Miami’s 13-game win streak, held Jahlil Okafor out of tonight’s game as trade discussions gain momentum, per sources.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/830610946565533697

I'm guessing it's Chicago, who is in a pretty terrible slump themselves. And I'm also not really sure how that move makes sense unless they decide to really trade everyone and rebuild.

Though I forgot the Pels were also interested. That'd certainly indicate that Noel is going nowhere if Okafor is traded AND Embiid is hurt.

« Reply #608 on: February 11, 2017, 10:27:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Bledsoe sitting out tonight for Suns. Wonder if there might be  a 3 team trading brewing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #609 on: February 11, 2017, 11:09:21 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
Bledsoe sitting out tonight for Suns. Wonder if there might be  a 3 team trading brewing.

Gahhhh Bledose as the PG defender/Combo guard off Simmons would be insane...

Hopefully he'd flip the switch again on defense but man... when he was locked in with the Clips? He was a top 5 on ball defender at PG.

I can't imagine that they're dumb enough to do that straight up, so either he isn't coming to Philly or there is a ton of 3 way stuff going on (phrasing?).

« Reply #610 on: February 11, 2017, 11:10:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Sixer could use McDermot. Wonder if he's part of discussion.

« Reply #611 on: February 11, 2017, 11:11:19 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
I wonder what this means for Noel.

With yet another significant injury for Embiid, it might not be a bad idea to just keep him at whatever cost.

Eddie is right - Embiid has been incredibly coddled and protected (justifiably) by the 76ers this season, playing extremely limited minutes and missing many games for protection from being overplayed and reinjuring himself. And that's how they should've played him. They did everything they could to slowly integrate him back into playing shape. Yet he still somehow gets injured. For a big man as athletic and big as Embiid, that doesn't bode well for his future.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Noel now.

I kinda think we won't really know how hurt the dude is until this team makes the playoffs...

Cuz if there's a .0000000000000001 percent chance of re-injury/severity increase they're just gonna hold him out. Which isn't the league standard.

« Reply #612 on: February 11, 2017, 11:16:52 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

Not that it necessarily means he won't be traded, but both Bledsoe and Tyson Chandler didn't even travel with the team to Houston, as they were left home for rest purposes. It sounds like the decision was made a day or two ago, and not a last-minute scratch because of developing talks.

« Reply #613 on: February 11, 2017, 11:20:46 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Elton Brand‏ @TheRealEB42
It has been a pleasure working with you my man. Best of luck out there. @JahlilOkafor

just dont know where hes traded to yet

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:27:17 PM by crownontherocks »

« Reply #614 on: February 11, 2017, 11:33:22 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Joel Embiid: torn meniscus. #trusttheprocess

Yet another injury of concern for Mr. Embiid.