Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 375380 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #525 on: January 28, 2017, 09:48:40 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Not you too rollie lol, that was a real blow  ;D

Is Philly the only team with a talented young big? If not, then why we have no threads about Minny, Utah, the Pelicans or the Knicks?
Embiid is on a different level then Towns and Porzingis.

If he doesn't get hurt he should be the guy or one of the 2-3 guys who have this league on lock  in 3-5 years.

« Reply #526 on: January 28, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Is Philly the only team with a talented young big? If not, then why we have no threads about Minny, Utah, the Pelicans or the Knicks?

If he doesn't get hurt he should be the guy or one of the 2-3 guys who have this league on lock  in 3-5 years.

I disagree. Towns is a terrific player. So are Anthony Davis, Gobert and Porzingis. Embiid is not alone.

And even if what you wrote is true, still there is a disproportionately high amount of Philly related threads in the Celtics Talk section of the Forums.

« Reply #527 on: January 28, 2017, 10:03:34 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

I disagree. Towns is a terrific player. So are Anthony Davis, Gobert and Porzingis. Embiid is not alone.

And even if what you wrote is true, still there is a disproportionately high amount of Philly related threads in the Celtics Talk section of the Forums.
I got Embiid above those guys and it's not close.

To address the other part of your post. Is it less fair to you that you are annoyed by the number of Sixers threads that you can ignore or is it less fair that people who do find these threads interesting have to filter out complaints throughout these threads?

I just cannot believe we are still having these arguments. Just ignore the thread. Some of us enjoy discussing the Sixers.

« Reply #528 on: January 28, 2017, 10:09:23 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I have been ecstatic about the sixers winning recently because it lowers the chance that they get one of the top pgs this year. They will be good, but if they shut embiid for "rest" and picked up one of the great 4ish pgs, they would run the east.
#JKJB

« Reply #529 on: January 28, 2017, 10:23:04 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I have been ecstatic about the sixers winning recently because it lowers the chance that they get one of the top pgs this year. They will be good, but if they shut embiid for "rest" and picked up one of the great 4ish pgs, they would run the east.

They're a long way from even making the playoffs, never mind "running the East".  Lots of teams spend years assembling talented young cores and never develop into winning basketball teams.  The list this year includes Milwaukee, the Lakers, Minnesota, Orlando, Philly, the Knicks and the Suns.

« Reply #530 on: January 28, 2017, 10:27:24 AM »

• Jim Loscutoff

They're a long way from even making the playoffs, never mind "running the East".  Lots of teams spend years assembling talented young cores and never develop into winning basketball teams.  The list this year includes Milwaukee, the Lakers, Minnesota, Orlando, Philly, the Knicks and the Suns.

Sorry I should have clarified "in a couple years." But honestly I dont think it is much of a stretch to say that Embiid/Simmons/a pg from this draft would be one of the better teams in the east in a couple years.

Embiid alone looks like a 2 way superstar as long as his health stays together.
#JKJB

« Reply #531 on: January 28, 2017, 12:41:15 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
@TrueFan

It's called Celtics Talk for a reason...

Now that the mods merged rollie's thread with the rest and have it all in the Around the NBA section it makes a lot more sense. (great job by the mods btw).

« Reply #532 on: January 28, 2017, 12:45:04 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
If Hinkie were still around this is probably what they would do.

« Reply #533 on: January 28, 2017, 12:52:36 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

Amen.

Philly gets all the benefit of doubt that other teams don't, when there is ample evidence that there are good grounds for doubt.

« Reply #534 on: January 30, 2017, 01:57:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
@TrueFan

It's called Celtics Talk for a reason...

Now that the mods merged rollie's thread with the rest and have it all in the Around the NBA section it makes a lot more sense. (great job by the mods btw).

Great to see the Philly threads merged as they were really taking over the board. Thank you Mods!

« Reply #535 on: January 30, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff

Amen.

Philly gets all the benefit of doubt that other teams don't, when there is ample evidence that there are good grounds for doubt.

Just going to throw it out there, but without Simmons, or their pick this year, the Sixers are on pace for 56 wins when embiid plays.

Credit: Larbrd
#JKJB

« Reply #536 on: January 30, 2017, 02:02:42 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Amen.

Just going to throw it out there, but without Simmons, or their pick this year, the Sixers are on pace for 56 wins when embiid plays.

I think he said it was this year.  Not basketball year, but actual calendar year i.e. January.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #537 on: January 30, 2017, 02:27:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Amen.

I think he said it was this year.  Not basketball year, but actual calendar year i.e. January.

Yea at one point he was touting the fact that the Nets were undefeated when Lin and Lopez both played over 30 minutes and the games were played on weekdays.

The 76ers had a nice stretch for sure. I believe they went 8-2 in a 10 game stretch or something like that. However, this thread was blowing up with "they have arrived" "will they make the playoffs" and sadly from LB "the 76ers are already better than the Celtics."

By comparison the Heat have WON 7 GAMES IN A ROW. They have beaten the Warriors and Rockets during this stretch. We have not seen a single "trade for Willie Reed" thread (similar player to Holmes who we did have a thread on). We have not seen a "Josh Richardson is a better prospect than Smart" thread (but we have seen LB pumping Saric as better than smart). We haven't seen a "will the Heat make the playoffs thread." We see nothing, and this is normal. They are a bad team having a good stretch of play.

I hope pointing this out people realize how ridiculous some of this 76ers stuff has been the last few months and gets a little more under control so we it is manageable when they are actually a decent team.

« Reply #538 on: January 30, 2017, 03:02:43 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
Embiid makes this team really likeable. I'd probably be a Sixers fan based off his tweets if nothing else.

« Reply #539 on: January 30, 2017, 03:11:51 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Embiid makes this team really likeable. I'd probably be a Sixers fan based off his tweets if nothing else.
He is quite amusing.  Seems like a genuinely likeable guy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip