Author Topic: This Loss Is on Doc  (Read 8344 times)

Re: This lose is on Doc
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 01:00:21 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
If we had shot better than 8% (say what?) from 3 point land we would have won this game and Doc would've been off the hook.

I don't care who gets the blame. We win when we play as a team. When we don't, we lose as a team. And we don't blame individuals with a squad as good as this.

DOC TONY R3FZ!!!!!!!!!1!!!!1!

OMG R0ND0 AN SHE3DD!!!1one!1

WHERZ PIEREC!!1

PROBS ST3rN KIDNAPPD!!!!11!!1!!!!!!1111!1!1 C0NSPERACY!!!!!!!11!1!1!1!11!
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 01:00:51 AM »

Kiorrik

If we had shot better than 8% (say what?) from 3 point land we would have won this game and Doc would've been off the hook.

I don't care who gets the blame. We win when we play as a team. When we don't, we lose as a team. And we don't blame individuals with a squad as good as this.

You can always use ifs but they are merely excuses.  But you are right as a team they blew this game.  Poor offense down the stretch, choking on free throws, the worst up by 3 points defense you will ever see in the NBA all add up to a team loss against a bad team.  

The "if" thing is kind of my point buddy :) I think you can always find something to blame but really, there's like 50 factors. You can say "if Tony hadn't shot those ranged jumpers" or "if Perk hadn't fallen for Kaman's fake" or "if KG had gotten hot earlier" - etc. There's so many things, that in a close game, it's a team loss.

It's like blaming Rondo for missing FT's. You know he does that. Don't cry when he does, he wasn't the first option on that play anyway.

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 01:01:52 AM »

Kiorrik

DOC TONY R3FZ!!!!!!!!!1!!!!1!

OMG R0ND0 AN SHE3DD!!!1one!1

WHERZ PIEREC!!1

PROBS ST3rN KIDNAPPD!!!!11!!1!!!!!!1111!1!1 C0NSPERACY!!!!!!!11!1!1!1!11!

MEFINKZ Y00 R ONTU SUMMN!!1 ARGH@&!!1

LAWL!

No really, lol :')

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 01:22:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Bad Coaching at the end
You honestly believe that Doc called for Ray to sag off the 3 point shooter in that situation?

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 01:29:19 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Bad Coaching at the end
You honestly believe that Doc called for Ray to sag off the 3 point shooter in that situation?

Ray reacted to the Baron penetration. Players don't think they react, unless instructed otherwise. Maybe someone from the coaching staff should've reminded the players to stay home with the shooters. I'm assuming Ray, one of the smartest players in the NBA, would follow his coaches instructions.

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 01:33:51 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Hey, losing to the city of Los Angeles' 'B' team w/o the services of our team's leading scorer/captain/former finals MVP by only two points is nothing compared to a healthy Lakers squad getting blown-out by the Cavaliers.

What is interesting to note is that last season, after we lost the Christmas game to the Lakers we went into sort of a slump and eventually slipped from first place in the Eastern Conference standings, while Kevin Garnett went down with an injury. I think it is safe to say that it is definitely more important to remain healthy until the end of the season than to fret over losing a close one here  and there.

Btw I thought the Celtics played great against the Magic on Christmas...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 01:40:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Bad Coaching at the end

Ray reacted to the Baron penetration. Players don't think they react, unless instructed otherwise. Maybe someone from the coaching staff should've reminded the players to stay home with the shooters. I'm assuming Ray, one of the smartest players in the NBA, would follow his coaches instructions.
Ray made a mental error and over helped when he shouldn't have. You assume Doc didn't remind his players to stay with 3-point shooters. You also place blame on Doc for Ray's actions, rather than Ray!

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 01:44:21 AM »

Kiorrik

Like JR Giddens (yeh, I know, lol!) said on Twitter:

"lost a tough one today didnt do the lil things down the stretch ..."
link

"... its no one persons fault win as a team lose as a team... thats whats unbuntu means we are together win or lose"
link

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 01:45:54 AM »

Offline jadams5214

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Hey, losing to the city of Los Angeles' 'B' team w/o the services of our team's leading scorer/captain/former finals MVP by only two points is nothing compared to a healthy Lakers squad getting blown-out by the Cavaliers.

Another perspective --- losing to a sub .500 Clipper team missing it's best interior defender is inexcusable.  If having at least 3 All Stars including 2 future Hall of Famers on the floor isn't enough to beat a bottom feeder Clipper team it's not a good sign.  To be up 3 points and not foul, not simply allow the 2 point basket and keep the lead OR at least stay at home on the Clippers best 3 point shooter is alarming.  To have a point guard that handles the ball not be able to make a free throw is disconcerting.  Just another perspective...

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 01:49:27 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Your crazy. I don't know how this is on Doc.... come on...  >:(

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 01:49:48 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Bad Coaching at the end

Ray made a mental error and over helped when he shouldn't have. You assume Doc didn't remind his players to stay with 3-point shooters. You also place blame on Doc for Ray's actions, rather than Ray!

I understand your point. TP.

But I do believe coaching staff could've done a better job with the instructions. It wasn't only Ray. I believe House and Sheed also left their men wide-open. Baron happens to choose Rasual Butler.

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 02:26:31 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
This one hurt but I can't bring myself to decide on who to blame. Tough loss. They just need to bounce back like they did after their last 2 losses.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 03:08:24 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
This one hurt but I can't bring myself to decide on who to blame. Tough loss. They just need to bounce back like they did after their last 2 losses.

Good news: By the time you're done mulling over who to blame, it'll be time to tip in Golden State and move on to the next victory.  :D

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 03:10:02 AM »

Kiorrik

Good news: By the time you're done mulling over who to blame, it'll be time to tip in Golden State and move on to the next victory.  :D

-sw

Good point Stevey :D

Let's rawk the Warriors. Should be a fun game to watch. Is that tonight? I had too much coffee and I feel noxious. Ugh.

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 03:12:28 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

-sw

Good point Stevey :D

Let's rawk the Warriors. Should be a fun game to watch. Is that tonight? I had too much coffee and I feel noxious. Ugh.

Thank you, sir.

If my recall of the schedule is correct while I'm trying to shake off sleepiness and write about the D-League at 3am local time, then yup, it's tonight.

This has all the makings of me snoozing through my trip to IZOD to see Durant light up the Nets and then hopefully getting somewhere closer to full consciousness by the time I make it home for the last half or so of C's-Warriors.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.