Author Topic: Eddie House is okay, but....ummm  (Read 14197 times)

Eddie House is okay, but....ummm
« on: December 25, 2009, 08:34:40 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I Feel that the c's need to bench him or have him play in spurts with the 1st team 2nd and 3rd string. He's not producing and he can't dribble nor create his own shot. I say this only because Nate Robinson is available and is a better player to provide what the 2nd team needs.

Eddie House: Will shoot, but needs a play to be called for him in order to be open 1st. Can't create his own shot, but will try when under major pressure to put the ball on the floor.

Tony Allen: can't shoot but will shoot..lol although he tries, but he's not good at creating his own shot. He's at best turning defense in to offense.

Brian Scalabrine: Will shoot, and will defend, but he also cannot create his own shot.

Marquis Daniels: Can't shoot, will create his own shot, decent ball handler but extremely slow, and seems to be handicapped athletically at times..lol

we have yet to see these guys play significant minutes
Giddens (idk, not intrigued) ???
Walker (has an upside)
Hudson (has an upside)

With all that said our bench is missing one ultimate guy thats on the market to fill the void. Hopefully we land Nate "The Great" Robinson

Nate Robinson: Excellent ball handler, Quick as Lightning, Super Athletically gifted, Will shoot, Will create his own shots, Will carry a team, Will give his all on the court. Defensively i'm not worried if you play on the Celtics Team you will be taught team defense. Thanks & Merry X-MAS TO ALL!!! Great win for the C's today ;D ;D

Re: Eddie House is okay, but....ummm
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 08:36:22 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I Feel that the c's need to bench him or have him play in spurts with the 1st team 2nd and 3rd string. He's not producing and he can't dribble nor create his own shot. I say this only because Nate Robinson is available and is a better player to provide what the 2nd team needs.

Eddie House: Will shoot, but needs a play to be called for him in order to be open 1st. Can't create his own shot, but will try when under major pressure to put the ball on the floor.

Tony Allen: can't shoot but will shoot..lol although he tries, but he's not good at creating his own shot. He's at best turning defense in to offense.

Brian Scalabrine: Will shoot, and will defend, but he also cannot create his own shot.

Marquis Daniels: Can't shoot, will create his own shot, decent ball handler but extremely slow, and seems to be handicapped athletically at times..lol

Walker (has an upside)
Hudson (has an upside)

With all that said our bench is missing one ultimate guy thats on the market to fill the void. Hopefully we land Nate "The Great" Robinson

Nate Robinson: Excellent ball handler, Quick as Lightning, Super Athletically gifted, Will shoot, Will create his own shots, Will carry a team, Will give his all on the court. Defensively i'm not worried if you play on the Celtics Team you will be taught team defense. Thanks & Merry X-MAS TO ALL!!! Great win for the C's today ;D ;D

Can't say I agree with much of this.

Yeah, that's about it. I don't really have much more...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 09:19:17 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Meh
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 09:22:15 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Walker (has an upside)
Hudson (has an upside)

Nate, is that you?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 09:31:07 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
this sounds like somebody who has not been privy to any of the magical scoring nights we know eddie house is capable of...

i think eddie might be the C's bench player i would least like to see traded, including 'sheed.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
to give a little more feedback to the OP - i agree that nate's probably better at creating his own shot than eddie - but i think overall nate is a chemistry killer while eddie is a complete professional "glue guy" whose personality is valuable to the team 'ubuntu' concept. so eddie is still the better option.

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 09:44:38 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Nate's not even a better 3-point shooter (even though he has a better overall percentage) than Eddie. I don't know if I want a chucker like that replacing Eddie. I mean, we practically already have TA for that, and he's not as bad a chucker as Nate.

Still...if he's bought out....let's talk about this again.

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 09:45:45 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Will Eddie frustrate us with shoddy ballhandling and suspect passes from time to time?  Sure.  But will he also win us some games by going off for 15-20 points in 15-20 minutes?  Yep.  So it's some give and take.  He is, after all, our 8th or 9th man when this team is healthy.  Sure he looks bad compared to Rondo, but for the money the C's have and what he produces, he's pretty darn good.  

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 09:47:49 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
eddie will make big shots eventually...

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 10:16:46 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I like Eddie. I don't want him replaced. But i'm also not opposed to bringing in a bonafide chucker like Nate Robinson. Look at what Jamal Crawford is doing for Atlanta's bench. As soon as he comes in the game, he's chucking, and their team has been better for it.

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
I like Eddie. I don't want him replaced. But i'm also not opposed to bringing in a bonafide chucker like Nate Robinson. Look at what Jamal Crawford is doing for Atlanta's bench. As soon as he comes in the game, he's chucking, and their team has been better for it.

Jamal Crawford is an all star talent...Nate Robinson can barely get a bench job in the NBA.

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 10:35:23 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
I'm a bit disappoined with Eddie this year but I'm not sure that Nate Robinson is the answer.  Hopefully Eddie regains his stroke.

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 10:57:56 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
I love Eddie, but fromn a non bias stand point what can he do that Nate can't. 

I certainly give Nate the edge on driving, defending, and bringing the ball up/making a play.  I'd say Nate tends to get a hott hand even more than Eddie does as well, which seems to be the only time we see production from him, in very streaky ways.
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 11:21:52 PM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
Eddie wins us games. He's not "okay", he's a fantastic role player.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 11:47:18 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

Walker (has an upside)
Hudson (has an upside)

Nate, is that you?
My thoughts exactly.