Author Topic: Celtics (2-2) at Thunder (0-3) Game #5 10/25/18  (Read 49641 times)

Re: Celtics (2-2) at Thunder (0-3) Game #5 10/25/18
« Reply #870 on: October 26, 2018, 06:01:00 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
This is Brad Stevens' team until a player decides to take over.

Happened a long time ago. The players jack up bad shots - Stevens stands there with that pensive, cerebral look on his face.

bad shots? we lead the league in wide open misses. chalk this up to another one of your unfounded bias.

« Reply #871 on: October 26, 2018, 06:33:49 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think the league is playing a type of D that that guards the three and collapses on drives this year.  In other words, our D.    They also have figured out that our guys like to dump it off and play for the steal.   The mid high post seems open a lot and I think we should attack there.    Perhaps people have figured out CBS 's offense and it does not help that players are not hitting shots.   Tatum is still good but he makes every shot harder with those moves.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:59:52 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #872 on: October 26, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Morris has been 1 of my favorite players on this team since the start of last year. Willing to play defense, backs down to no one, can shoot and is pretty clutch. Hes like a 6ft 8 Marcus smart who can actually shoot lol
I totally agree.  He brings an added edge to the team like smart but he can shoot the ball and he s on short money.  Under the radar deal for Danny that is paying off big.  On the opposite end of the spectrum is Hayward.  He looks like he doesn’t belong out there right now.  He is soft, slow and can’t shoot.  I hope this isn’t the new Hayward after injury.  That would be sad. 

« Reply #873 on: October 26, 2018, 05:51:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Morris has been 1 of my favorite players on this team since the start of last year. Willing to play defense, backs down to no one, can shoot and is pretty clutch. Hes like a 6ft 8 Marcus smart who can actually shoot lol
I totally agree.  He brings an added edge to the team like smart but he can shoot the ball and he s on short money.  Under the radar deal for Danny that is paying off big.  On the opposite end of the spectrum is Hayward.  He looks like he doesn’t belong out there right now.  He is soft, slow and can’t shoot.  I hope this isn’t the new Hayward after injury.  That would be sad.

You will eat these words. Poor attitude given what Hayward has been through to get to this point.

« Reply #874 on: October 26, 2018, 06:25:29 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

You will eat these words. Poor attitude given what Hayward has been through to get to this point.

I don't expect Hayward to be his old self until next year. In my observation, it takes basketball players two years to recover their explosiveness after a major injury (see George, Rondo, Rose, Kobe achilles, etc.)

Hayward has lost a significant amount of explosion. I don't think people realize he was quicker than both George and Butler pre-injury (both vertically and towards the hoop).