Author Topic: Standings watch for C's picks in 2015  (Read 67061 times)

Re: Standings watch for C's picks in 2015
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2015, 01:06:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Man, I am hoping Kings and Pistons start playing better. I believe Denver and Utah may have trouble tanking they have some good players still. If Stevens can manage some more Pressey, Crowder, Wallace combos we can lock down a top 8 pick and a decent top 3 pick lotto shot.

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2015, 01:17:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
on thursday, tankathon.com had the celtics at #11 in the draft, with a 3.3% chance at a top 3 pick.

today, after one single loss, the celtics are #9 in the draft, with a 6.1% chance at a top 3 pick. and they are 1.5 games out of the #6 slot.

right now, the draft positions from #6 to #11 have 6 teams separated by at total of TWO games. things are really volatile and where the celtics will end up is hard to predict.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2015, 01:32:34 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Man, I am hoping Kings and Pistons start playing better. I believe Denver and Utah may have trouble tanking they have some good players still. If Stevens can manage some more Pressey, Crowder, Wallace combos we can lock down a top 8 pick and a decent top 3 pick lotto shot.

http://www.libertyballers.com/
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

That is the ultimate tank. They risking way too much by not establishing better chemistry and development. We have developing talent playing OK minutes together with good bench guys. Philly is putting out almost full DL roster and rooks.
I want a productive development year that still gets Cs a top 10 pick.

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
on thursday, tankathon.com had the celtics at #11 in the draft, with a 3.3% chance at a top 3 pick.

today, after one single loss, the celtics are #9 in the draft, with a 6.1% chance at a top 3 pick. and they are 1.5 games out of the #6 slot.

right now, the draft positions from #6 to #11 have 6 teams separated by at total of TWO games. things are really volatile and where the celtics will end up is hard to predict.
The Celtics are also only 2 games behind Miami and 1.5 games behind Charlotte.  So we could still back into the playoffs.  I hate this season.  I'm reduced to rooting for Celtics losses and Lakers wins.  Just hoping the Lakers finish with the 5th worst record so they lose their pick when we leap frog them in the lottery.       

« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2015, 02:20:24 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

The Celtics are also only 2 games behind Miami and 1.5 games behind Charlotte.  So we could still back into the playoffs.  I hate this season.  I'm reduced to rooting for Celtics losses and Lakers wins.  Just hoping the Lakers finish with the 5th worst record so they lose their pick when we leap frog them in the lottery.       

Celtics play the Lakers tomorrow night! I think the Lakers are finally gonna win though. Celtics look depleted and Sully is hurt. I don't even know if IT and Jerebko are gonna play. It's gonna be more like a mesh typa game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2015, 03:42:52 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

That is the ultimate tank. They risking way too much by not establishing better chemistry and development. We have developing talent playing OK minutes together with good bench guys. Philly is putting out almost full DL roster and rooks.
The Sixers are playing it smart and sticking to their plan.  They are making moves to maximize their chances of getting a star.  Once they have a star, they can build the team around him and then start worrying about wins and team chemistry.  We have a bunch of mediocre talent that could be good role players but I don't see anyone on the roster becoming a star.  I don't think Smart or Young have actually developed that much this year. 

« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

The Sixers are playing it smart and sticking to their plan.  They are making moves to maximize their chances of getting a star.  Once they have a star, they can build the team around him and then start worrying about wins and team chemistry.  We have a bunch of mediocre talent that could be good role players but I don't see anyone on the roster becoming a star.  I don't think Smart or Young have actually developed that much this year.

The only stars that Philly has are either hurt or overseas.

« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2015, 05:45:51 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

What's funny is that the potential draftees between #6 and #11 are just as volatile as the standings of the teams that could draft them.  There just isn't that much talent difference within that group and the mock drafts are going to be shuffling them up and down until draft day. 

That could be to our benefit.  In a normal year, moving from an 11 to, say, #8, would be difficult.  The Clippers pick wouldn't be enough to do it.  This year, though, that whole second tier of players is almost interchangeable, particularly if you are going BPA. 

I'm really looking forward to the Nets picks in 16 and especially 2017.  I don't want to go too far OT, but Thad Young actually makes Brooklyn better.  What are the chances that he opts out this summer?  I don't know if he'll get >$9m elsewhere. 

Mike

« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

That isn't my view. Philly is going to be responsible for a lottery system change. All they are doing is putting in a horrible building plan that effects the game and the franchise brand.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:56:43 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The league should take over their team for the good of the league.

« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2015, 07:14:19 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16

That isn't my view. Philly is going to be responsible for a lottery system change. All they are doing is putting in a horrible building plan that effects the game and the franchise brand.

What they are doing is trying to get a hall of fame player so they can compete for a title. Being good enough to back in the playoffs and then lose is anything but a success.

« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2015, 07:29:54 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

A lottery change proposal was already voted down when it was expected to easily pass.  Talking about lottery changes is a lot easier than making it happen.  Even if there is a change, it won't go into effect for several years so it won't impact the Sixers plan.

It is funny with all the complaining about the Sixers tanking that they didn't have the worst record last year and may not this year either.  What is damaging the NBA brand is all the bad teams and poor play.  The Celtics being 12 games under .500 but only 2 games out of the playoffs should be an embarrassment to the league. 

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2015, 07:32:30 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

The Celtics being 12 games under .500 but only 2 games out of the playoffs should be an embarrassment to the league.

Why?

« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2015, 07:36:47 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

You don't understand. Poor, poor child.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo