Author Topic: Where does Mike Conley jr end up?  (Read 8444 times)

Where does Mike Conley jr end up?
« on: May 15, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
There is a lot of Kyrie and AD chatter........I just need something else to read about. So where do you think Conley ends up? It seems that Memphis should draft Morant and trade Conley but whats the best/most likely package?

Detroit? Conley Drummond Griffin

SAS???

Re: Where does Mike Conley jr end up?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I think Conley's market will be pretty robust, but probably won't really come into picture until some of the free agent dominoes start falling.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 12:37:10 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I think Conley's market will be pretty robust, but probably won't really come into picture until some of the free agent dominoes start falling.
He has such a large salary though....Im not sure how big if a market he will have

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 12:45:56 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Boston makes sense. Among the top 10 teams in the NBA, the Celtics clearly have the biggest hole at PG. Other potential teams: Indy, CHA (if Kemba walks), LAC, Utah, Wash, and PHO.

I'd pick Boston over those other situations.

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 12:46:23 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
He has such a large salary though....Im not sure how big if a market he will have

For 2 years, yes. Perhaps we pass on Kyrie and offer Hayward straight up? If we get AD and can keep Jaylen, or even if we can't get AD and still have Tatum, I'd do that and resign Morris. Memphis has nothing at the small forward spot.

It would be a good option for them if they choose Morant.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:00:31 PM by td450 »

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 12:46:44 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I think Conley is just good enough to warrant a team in need to re-arrange a couple of pieces to make it work.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 12:48:27 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He's still got 2 years + $67 million, how the heck do we get him? Hayward makes little sense because he has the same # of years and $ left, it'd probably have to be Horford with his 1 remaining year and then whatever to make salaries match. Then we have to replace Horford. Don't think Danny goes for that even if Kyrie and Rozier are both gone.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 12:56:27 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
He's still got 2 years + $67 million, how the heck do we get him? Hayward makes little sense because he has the same # of years and $ left, it'd probably have to be Horford with his 1 remaining year and then whatever to make salaries match. Then we have to replace Horford. Don't think Danny goes for that even if Kyrie and Rozier are both gone.

Not sure I follow why Hayward wouldn't be perfect.

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 01:00:19 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

He’s only looking at it form a salary saving stand point and ignoring the possibility that Hayward could possibly be an effective starting player for them is all.

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 01:01:10 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
New York.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 01:07:40 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Utah or Detroit

Both teams iirc (?) were reportedly close to deals for MC involving ONE first rounder and they fell through. Detroit over the pick’s protection, and Utah over the pick being in the likely 20’s and not higher. Also recent rumors that Utah and Memphis will revisit trade talks in the summer

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 01:10:14 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Utah, I think they up the ante and get him to take some of the burden off of Mitchell.

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell

He’s only looking at it form a salary saving stand point and ignoring the possibility that Hayward could possibly be an effective starting player for them is all.

I think Hayward is a pretty good gamble for them, and he only takes up a two year window. He'd probably fit in very well.

Next year they have Conley, Avery Bradley and CJ Miles on the books, so next year is probably out for them signing a free agent. They could sign one max player even with Hayward's salary the following year, or two the year after. Memphis is a tough sell for free agents.  I don't see much benefit to selling off Conley for cap relief.

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 01:13:36 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I don’t see Memphis netting much at this point. Maybe a salary absorb + lottery protected 1st rounder
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 01:30:42 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
perhaps and we will see. but i would also not be surprised if conley (and maybe rubio) did not get all that much.

this offseason, there will be quite a few free agent point guards and only so much cap space in the league. aside from kyrie and rozier, the available free agent pgs include:

restricted: russell, brogdon, mudiay
player option: dragic, teague
unrestricted: kemba, rubio, rose, payton, beverley, collison, rondo, IT, ish smith, mcconnell, lin, and joseph

from this summer's draft, there will be morant, white, garland, and perhaps a few others will emerge.

that is quite a long list of free agent pgs, so, who knows what the market will be for conley?

EDIT: i just looked it up. conley made $30.5 million this past year and is owed $32.5 million next year.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva