Author Topic: Sports trip from the Netherlands to Boston  (Read 9256 times)

Re: Sports trip from the Netherlands to Boston
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 09:52:15 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Had a good flight.

Just saw the Celtics win againts the Raptors on television.
Not happy until i see Boston win againts the Lakers tomorrow in real life! :P
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Had a good flight.

Just saw the Celtics win againts the Raptors on television.
Not happy until i see Boston win againts the Lakers tomorrow! :P

I hope you have a grand time!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 01:46:11 AM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Celtic Pride
I just saw the Celtics win against the Lakers!
Best sports moment of my life because i was there!

I'm looking forward to the next 2 games against the Nuggets and Bulls. But those results can't compare to the Lakers game!

CELTICS!
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 01:56:20 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Enjoy. Enjoy it a lot. GO TO THE AQUARIUM!!!!

And don't get suckered into paying for an IMAX movie. Not worth it. Drink lots of chowder, eat lots of seafood. Always ask if it is or was frozen. If you can get legitimately fresh fish, eat the crap out it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 02:21:07 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Lucky guy. That was an awesome game.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 02:37:47 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Hi there fellow Celtics fans,

On February 6 me and my brother will fly from the Netherlands (Europe) to Boston to see the Celtics play against the Lakers, Bulls and Nuggets.

A dream of me is to see the Celtics win against the Lakers.

I was wondering if you guys have some advice for thinks to do in Boston? Freedom Trail, New England Aquarium, Fenway Park Tour, Sports Museum (TD Garden) are already planned.

Also do you guys have some advice for good affordable places to eat?

I'm also looking for a sports store with Air Jordans and a lot of Boston sport teams clothing. Also what's a great shopping mall?

I'll be very grateful if any one could give me some advice/tips!

Hope you have a great time. I just got back yesterday from an 18 day trip to Detroit, Cleveland, Atlanta and Boston. Saw all 8 Celtics games played in that time - 4 straight losses followed by 4 straight wins!

I would definitely recommend buying a ticket for the Old Town Trolley Tour, $37 for 7 days of riding it as many times as you like between 9am-4pm. It goes to all those places you mentioned. I even used it to get to and from the Clippers game last Sunday afternoon.

I went to the Aquarium and it is probably a little pricey but still good fun. Not as good as the Georgia Aquarium but wasn't expecting it to be! Unfortunately I didn't get to see the New England Sports Museum as it was closed for an ice hockey tournament the day I went. Still had a great time at everything else though.

Also if you have time, going to the Skywalk at the Prudential Center gives you a fantastic view of the city, you can get a $2 discount with a coupon from the Trolley Tour as well.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 08:43:45 AM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Celtic Pride
Hi there fellow Celtics fans,

On February 6 me and my brother will fly from the Netherlands (Europe) to Boston to see the Celtics play against the Lakers, Bulls and Nuggets.

A dream of me is to see the Celtics win against the Lakers.

I was wondering if you guys have some advice for thinks to do in Boston? Freedom Trail, New England Aquarium, Fenway Park Tour, Sports Museum (TD Garden) are already planned.

Also do you guys have some advice for good affordable places to eat?

I'm also looking for a sports store with Air Jordans and a lot of Boston sport teams clothing. Also what's a great shopping mall?

I'll be very grateful if any one could give me some advice/tips!

Hope you have a great time. I just got back yesterday from an 18 day trip to Detroit, Cleveland, Atlanta and Boston. Saw all 8 Celtics games played in that time - 4 straight losses followed by 4 straight wins!

I would definitely recommend buying a ticket for the Old Town Trolley Tour, $37 for 7 days of riding it as many times as you like between 9am-4pm. It goes to all those places you mentioned. I even used it to get to and from the Clippers game last Sunday afternoon.

I went to the Aquarium and it is probably a little pricey but still good fun. Not as good as the Georgia Aquarium but wasn't expecting it to be! Unfortunately I didn't get to see the New England Sports Museum as it was closed for an ice hockey tournament the day I went. Still had a great time at everything else though.

Also if you have time, going to the Skywalk at the Prudential Center gives you a fantastic view of the city, you can get a $2 discount with a coupon from the Trolley Tour as well.
Thanks for the advice! TP!

A snowstorm of historic proportions is coming to Boston. I'll be part of history :o
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:08 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
You must be having an awesome trip so far, C's are rolling and a blizzard mixed in on the off day  ;)

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:48 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Must have been quite eventful for you. ;)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 11:04:33 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Celtic Pride
First i witnessed the Celtics win in a 21 point blowout against the Lakers. Then i spent 2 days in my hotel because of the snowstorm. And now i witnessed the Celtics win in triple overtime against the Nuggets. This is the best vacation of my life!

I'm putting my game tickets in a frame on the wall back home in the Netherlands!
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 11:05:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
First i witnessed the Celtics win in a 21 point blowout against the Lakers. Then i spent 2 days in my hotel because of the snowstorm. And now i witnessed the Celtics win in triple overtime against the Nuggets. This is the best vacation of my life!

I'm putting my game tickets in a frame on the wall back home in the Netherlands!

You brought us luck! Congrats and safe travels home!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 11:11:15 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Celtic Pride

You brought us luck! Congrats and safe travels home!
I'm also at the Celtics Bulls game next wednesday. So hopefully i have some luck left!
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 11:23:43 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
So lucky! Keep visiting!
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Wauw it's actually hard to say which was a better win. Beating the Lakers was fantastic, third quarter must have been fantastic to witniss in real life. But then, yesterday that was SOME GAME! I survived 7 heartattacks just watching with the League Pass.

Seems like Dutch guys are getting triple overtime games ;) the only time I went to a NBA game was in London and saw the Nets / Raptors go into a triple overtime game thriller. In a couple of years I'll visit Boston as well!!

Lekkere wedstrijdjes hoor!!! ;)

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 01:23:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Then i spent 2 days in my hotel because of the snowstorm.
I can tell you, you caught a real piece of New England there. Makes for a very authentic experience :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."