Author Topic: Bruins just signed Ryder  (Read 7632 times)

Bruins just signed Ryder
« on: July 01, 2008, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I just threw up in my mouth!!!  Micheal Ryder!!!  What's next, the C's trading for Kobe?  I HATE the Habs!!!  HATE!!!!!  I hate them more then the Lakers and Red Sox combined!!!  And now I hve to cheer for Micheal Ryder.   UUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Re: Bruins just signed Ryder
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:19:56 PM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I actually feel bad for Bruins fans. This is the big signing? Whooopie! They have the worst owner in the history of sports. Marian Hossa and others were there for the taking and then end up with Michael Ryder. Seriously...this is comical! Do they think free food is going to bring hockey fans to the Garden?

I truly wish the Celtics would look into building their own arena and telling Uncle JJ to go to h-e double hockey sticks!

Bruin fans I feel for you! I hope Michael Ryder improves on his 14 goals for your sake! Your loyal and deserve a winner!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:22:17 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I actually feel bad for Bruins fans. This is the big signing? Whooopie! They have the worst owner in the history of sports. Marian Hossa and others were there for the taking and then end up with Michael Ryder. Seriously...this is comical! Do they think free food is going to bring hockey fans to the Garden?

I truly wish the Celtics would look into building their own arena and telling Uncle JJ to go to h-e double hockey sticks!

Bruin fans I feel for you! I hope Michael Ryder improves on his 14 goals for your sake! Your loyal and deserve a winner!

dont feel to bad, supposedly there going to offer hossa 125 mill over 12 years  :o :o and ruin their cap for over a decade.

The bruins: where incompetent GM's happen.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 10:24:25 PM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Crownsy...

Not to critcize you, but its not the GM. This guy is talented. He has drafted well. It is the OWNER! This guy is fraud! The fans so boycott, but they never do. This guy needs to sell this team! He is horrible. It took new ownership for the Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots to succeed. This guy is horrible!

Sell the Team JJ
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 10:25:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm not nearly as big of a Bruins fans as I used to be.  However, 3 years at $12 million seems like they're overpaying for somebody with 31 points last season.

Shades of Martin Lapointe?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 10:29:40 PM »

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
Typical B's signing. Aside from Chara and Savard, watching the Bruins in free agency has been like kissing your sister...your ugly sister.
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Any news on what they're trying to do with Hossa?
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 10:34:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Crownsy...

Not to critcize you, but its not the GM. This guy is talented. He has drafted well. It is the OWNER! This guy is fraud! The fans so boycott, but they never do. This guy needs to sell this team! He is horrible. It took new ownership for the Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots to succeed. This guy is horrible!

Sell the Team JJ

if he is seriously putting together a 120mill, 12 year offer for a 29 year old, he fails as a GM.

so far its just "sources close to the negotiations" so their may be some hope its false.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 10:37:43 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
Actually Ryder is a good player.  he had an off year but his first three years he was a 30 goal scorer.  I just hate him because he's a Hab. I guess I can get over that.  Hopefully the change of scenary will get him back to his old form.  

As far as the owner goes, he's no longer the problem.  They have a salarie cap, they spend right up to it.  What more do you want?  There are actually some teams in the league who are struggling to get to the salary floor.  

Cherelli is a good GM.  He's done a very good job so far.  The Hossa rumor was just that, a rumor.  

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Actually Ryder is a good player.  he had an off year but his first three years he was a 30 goal scorer.  I just hate him because he's a Hab. I guess I can get over that.  Hopefully the change of scenary will get him back to his old form.   

As far as the owner goes, he's no longer the problem.  They have a salarie cap, they spend right up to it.  What more do you want?  There are actually some teams in the league who are struggling to get to the salary floor. 

Cherelli is a good GM.  He's done a very good job so far.  The Hossa rumor was just that, a rumor. 

they just repeated it on espn, everythigns a rumor until someone signs on the dotted line.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 11:28:05 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
Actually Ryder is a good player.  he had an off year but his first three years he was a 30 goal scorer.  I just hate him because he's a Hab. I guess I can get over that.  Hopefully the change of scenary will get him back to his old form.   

As far as the owner goes, he's no longer the problem.  They have a salarie cap, they spend right up to it.  What more do you want?  There are actually some teams in the league who are struggling to get to the salary floor. 

Cherelli is a good GM.  He's done a very good job so far.  The Hossa rumor was just that, a rumor. 

they just repeated it on espn, everythigns a rumor until someone signs on the dotted line.

Charelli was just on NESN.  He said they were not one of Hossa's top tier teams so they bailed.  They figured there was only a slim chance so they didn't want to waste their chance at getting someone else.  Ryder was thier second choice. 

Ryder actually played under Julien in juniors, the AHL, and the NHL.  He's always been very porductive for him and Claude believes he's a perfect fit for this team.   

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 12:16:11 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

dont feel to bad, supposedly there going to offer hossa 125 mill over 12 years  :o :o and ruin their cap for over a decade.

They'll need to find someone to score for him during the playoffs...

Why do the Bruins do this to us?...

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 08:45:08 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
The Bruins went through horrible scoring droughts during the latter part of the regular season. Glen Murray totally underachieved and will likely be bought out. This appears to be his replacement. As the sentiment has gone throughout this thread, if Ryder can return to his former 30 goal scoring self, this was a good move.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 03:59:15 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

i told my girlfriend's dad (has a bruins tattoo and stopped watching after joe was traded) that the latest B's rumor was Hossa. he got super upset and goes "thats exactly what they always do, get some good, not great player and sell him to the fans like he's a superstar."

i don't know what they should do, but i think they have a good base of talent, if they could spend the cash and get a star scorer ($$$$$) they could be really good.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 09:38:03 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm not nearly as big of a Bruins fans as I used to be.  However, 3 years at $12 million seems like they're overpaying for somebody with 31 points last season.

Shades of Martin Lapointe?

Well, I can admit when I'm wrong.   :D

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions