Author Topic: Official Kyrie Irving Gossip and social media thread  (Read 3803 times)

Re: Official Kyrie Irving Gossip and social media thread
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 10:08:45 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think it would be great if we could use this thread to put social media gossip and similar items in one place. Examples that could fit in one place, lip reading attempts in hallway from short video, Lebron singing love song to Kyrie on instagram, Kyrie has dinner with NBA player. Kyrie befriends Orlando Magic ballboy on instagram etc.

Might make that stuff easier for people that are really into it... and easier to stir away from for people that are not into that kind of thing.

I can already tell you this isn't going to work, even though I think it's a good idea. But if there is something, and you don't like it, just ignore/don't bother reading it. Just my two cents.

I don't think it will work either.  Everyone loves to start their own thread versus contributing to someone else's.  It's one of the reasons a lot of people post on these types of boards.

I will agree with that. People love to start threads. 

However, us mods do have that "merge" capability.   ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 11:10:15 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I think it would be great if we could use this thread to put social media gossip and similar items in one place. Examples that could fit in one place, lip reading attempts in hallway from short video, Lebron singing love song to Kyrie on instagram, Kyrie has dinner with NBA player. Kyrie befriends Orlando Magic ballboy on instagram etc.

Might make that stuff easier for people that are really into it... and easier to stir away from for people that are not into that kind of thing.

I can already tell you this isn't going to work, even though I think it's a good idea. But if there is something, and you don't like it, just ignore/don't bother reading it. Just my two cents.

I don't think it will work either.  Everyone loves to start their own thread versus contributing to someone else's.  It's one of the reasons a lot of people post on these types of boards.

I will agree with that. People love to start threads. 

However, us mods do have that "merge" capability.   ;)

This would be a wonderful thing. That is all.

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 12:10:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

thats my philosophy

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 02:25:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

thats my philosophy

Is there a downside to merging in the topics like Kyrie going out to dinner with players, kyrie talking to players in the hallway and instagram stories in here? it seems like there is a decent amount of interest in this. Obviously i will defer to the mods if they don't think this makes sense, but it is good to know that I am not the only one that finds the current topics sidebar being overrun with this kind of gossip.

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 07:41:36 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I have to say that I am so tired of this Kyrie talk it's driving me crazy. All day today on NBA radio. I eventually turned it off. July 1st cannot come quick enough. Either way I want it done with.

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 08:49:20 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'm curious to hear people's thoughts about how the Kyrie drama will impact our team in the playoffs.  So much of the discussion has been about whether he stays or goes.  It would be nice to switch up the discussion a bit.  Quick questions below:

Does the drama become irrelevant as soon as the playoffs begin?
Is Kyrie unintentionally setting himself up to be the scapegoat?  If so, does this indirectly take pressure off of the rest of the team?
Is it possible that the added pressure will bring out the best in Kyrie during the playoffs?  Or will he pack it in if the team has their back up against the wall?

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 08:52:23 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm curious to hear people's thoughts about how the Kyrie drama will impact our team in the playoffs.  So much of the discussion has been about whether he stays or goes.  It would be nice to switch up the discussion a bit.  Quick questions below:

Is Kyrie unintentionally setting himself up to be the scapegoat?  If so, does this indirectly take pressure off of the rest of the team?
Is it possible that the added pressure will bring out the best in Kyrie during the playoffs?  Or will he pack it in if the team has their back up against the wall?

I think a lot of the drama is simply outside noise (aka media driven).  I don't get the sense that its much of an internal thing. 

He's certainly set up to be the scapegoat, though, if things go south come playoff time.   He's a lightning rod for fans & media alike.   If this team goes down in flames, fingers will almost certainly be pointed at him.

His track record seems to indicate that he thrives rather well under pressure so I don't see that being an issue.  Obviously, you don't want him shooting like he did last night but I think his good nights will far outweigh his bad nights in April/May/June.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 09:03:05 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I think a lot of the drama is simply outside noise (aka media driven).  I don't get the sense that its much of an internal thing. 

He's certainly set up to be the scapegoat, though, if things go south come playoff time.   He's a lightning rod for fans & media alike.   If this team goes down in flames, fingers will almost certainly be pointed at him.

His track record seems to indicate that he thrives rather well under pressure so I don't see that being an issue.  Obviously, you don't want him shooting like he did last night but I think his good nights will far outweigh his bad nights in April/May/June.

We're on the same page for the most part.  The outside "noise" likely affects players on an individual basis as opposed to the collective whole.  Regarding Kyrie as the scapegoat, he's going to take the heat for anything and everything that goes wrong in the playoffs.  At the same time I believe that he will thrive under the added pressure.

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
From Barstool Sports video and cameramen recording him walking down the hall:

Kyrie "I'm not gonna miss any of this s---"

Interpretation: He's not gonna miss playing for the Celtics anymore? He's not gonna miss losing anymore for the Celtics? He's not gonna miss the media and cameras clamoring all over his face? What is it?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 01:28:23 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Interpretation: He's not gonna miss playing for the Celtics anymore? He's not gonna miss losing anymore for the Celtics? He's not gonna miss the media and cameras clamoring all over his face? What is it?

Just some strategic headline clickbait from Barstool...what he said was "I'm not going to miss any of this **** when I'm done playing" while the cameramen and reporters were scurrying around to film him walking into the stadium. Barstool just decided to exclude the "when I'm done playing" from their tweet. Cause it's more fun that way.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/03/boston-celtics-kyrie-irving-on-national-tv-attention-im-not-gonna-miss-any-of-this-s-when-im-done-playing.html

actual video is here pretty much says it all
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1102305124930732033

Kyrie is really having trouble with the media being on his every move...but this is what he wanted. In Cleveland he was insulated by LeBum because LeBum got all the media attention (and handled it a lot better).
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 01:49:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Kyrie is really having trouble with the media being on his every move...but this is what he wanted. In Cleveland he was insulated by LeBum because LeBum got all the media attention (and handled it a lot better).

Don't worry Kyrie, it'll be much better if you head off to NYC  ;)

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 02:09:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Just some strategic headline clickbait from Barstool...what he said was "I'm not going to miss any of this **** when I'm done playing" while the cameramen and reporters were scurrying around to film him walking into the stadium. Barstool just decided to exclude the "when I'm done playing" from their tweet. Cause it's more fun that way.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/03/boston-celtics-kyrie-irving-on-national-tv-attention-im-not-gonna-miss-any-of-this-s-when-im-done-playing.html

This is why people hate the media. It’s a total misrepresentation for Clickbait. Is that the same as being false? Or fake? I think it is.

Also, what’s up with that outfit?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 02:17:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

See, this is why people hate Boston so much. Because our media is the worse. I know it's probably as bad in NYC, but that's not the point. The point is, instead of appreciating a guy for his talent, the media is making this poor guy's life miserable just because he muttered something that some cameraman picked up and because he was seen having a discussion with Durant.
Who cares??????

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 02:29:51 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Barstool got lots of clicks for it and that's all they care about. The days of responsible journalism and reporting actual news is long gone in this social media age when anyone can be a reporter. These days a player walking into the stadium in a clown outfit (I agree Roy  :angel:) qualifies as news, as long as you include a pithy provocative headline with it. Then you will have talking heads talking about what he said, and that will be reported as news. And so on and so on to fill the 24-7 always-on news cycle.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 03:16:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Don't worry Kyrie, it'll be much better if you head off to NYC  ;)

I think a Kyrie/Durant tandem with the Clippers is also a possibility.

I believe they either have or are very close to having cap space for 2 max players.