Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232738 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #2025 on: May 19, 2019, 07:31:37 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Stephen Curry is the best point guard since Magic Johnson
He's got my vote.

Best small PG of All Time. Only two guys I'd take ahead of him are big PGs - Oscar and Magic.

« Reply #2026 on: May 19, 2019, 07:34:05 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I love Draymond Green so much. Absolutely awesome player. He does so much to help his team without needing to monopolize the ball on offense. A rare treasure. Does not get enough credit for how good a player he is.

Top 10 player in NBA for my money.

« Reply #2027 on: May 19, 2019, 08:42:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I love Draymond Green so much. Absolutely awesome player. He does so much to help his team without needing to monopolize the ball on offense. A rare treasure. Does not get enough credit for how good a player he is.

Do you really think he is a top 10 player?  I mean have you really thought about it.  I like what Draymond does for a team, but I just don't see him anywhere near that level of player. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2028 on: May 19, 2019, 08:44:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He said "I realised I had gotten to a point where I was doing more crying than playing" after this game. Love to hear that from him, even if I hate some of his dirty plays
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2029 on: May 19, 2019, 10:12:03 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Do you really think he is a top 10 player?  I mean have you really thought about it.  I like what Draymond does for a team, but I just don't see him anywhere near that level of player.

Yes. He does so much without eating up shots or monopolizing time on the ball. That allows you to put other player around him who do those things.

I think Draymond is an easier player to build around than someone like Kyrie or Lillard.

« Reply #2030 on: May 19, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

He's that good when he's locked in like he is right now.

I love Draymond.

Definitely true though that he hasn't always been at this level over the last few years. Not always in peak shape.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2031 on: May 19, 2019, 11:13:23 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yes. He does so much without eating up shots or monopolizing time on the ball. That allows you to put other player around him who do those things.

I think Draymond is an easier player to build around than someone like Kyrie or Lillard.

GSW is just a well built team. Who put that team together again? Green allows Steph and Klay to be who they are, but do not underestimate the fact that they let him be who he is too.

NOTE: Kevin Durant probably knew what everyone else kinda knew, no one was beating GSW for the near future. That is why he ran there. They probably told him that when he was recruited, and he agreed by his action. Heck the other teams that recruited him like Boston probably spent some time selling him on how they were planning to beat GSW.  He disagreed with those teams by his action to join GSW.

« Reply #2032 on: May 19, 2019, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

GSW is just a well built team. Who put that team together again? Green allows Steph and Klay to be who they are, but do not underestimate the fact that they let him be who he is too.

NOTE: Kevin Durant probably knew what everyone else kinda knew, no one was beating GSW for the near future. That is why he ran there. They probably told him that when he was recruited, and he agreed by his action. Heck the other teams that recruited him like Boston probably spent some time selling him on how they were planning to beat GSW.  He disagreed with those teams by his action to join GSW.

If you can’t beat them, join them.

« Reply #2033 on: May 19, 2019, 11:21:02 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If the Warriors go on to win the Finals even without KD, then that's a massive hit on Durant's legacy. Then he'd pretty much have to leave and go win a chip with the Knicks or Clippers (as the alpha) if he really wants to be considered the best in the NBA. But right now his move to Golden State already was weak and if the Warriors win it all now even with him out, then boy I don't think it'd matter if KD has 3 rings, because they'd look meaningless to his legacy. I'd even argue the one championship Lebron won for Cleveland holds more weight than any or all of KD's right now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2034 on: May 19, 2019, 11:42:07 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If the Warriors go on to win the Finals even without KD, then that's a massive hit on Durant's legacy. Then he'd pretty much have to leave and go win a chip with the Knicks or Clippers (as the alpha) if he really wants to be considered the best in the NBA. But right now his move to Golden State already was weak and if the Warriors win it all now even with him out, then boy I don't think it'd matter if KD has 3 rings, because they'd look meaningless to his legacy. I'd even argue the one championship Lebron won for Cleveland holds more weight than any or all of KD's right now.

True but far more likely Bucks will roll over Warriors in finals sans Durant.

« Reply #2035 on: May 19, 2019, 11:46:24 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Portland doing what Boston did with Milwaukee. They look good all first half, even gaining nice leads, but then crap away the game to Golden State in the 2nd half.

Boston did it 4 straight games. Now Portland has done it 3 straight games. Maybe this is what happens when your team isn't all that great and you are facing a team playing like a champion.

« Reply #2036 on: May 19, 2019, 06:12:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

maybe but I don't think they are top 10 players either.  And I say maybe because green cant score and you do still need that.  Green is more a 2 or 3 guy to me. Great player to have does all of the dirty work, but I don't even know if a team with him as the best player even makes the playoffs in the east let alone west
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2037 on: May 19, 2019, 06:46:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Either way I found it hard for Kevin Durant to recover from his decision going to a 73-9 team after he blew a 3-1 series lead.

He'll never have a perfect NBA image life again. His rings are meaningless. Might as well collect the paychecks and keep building your own personal life.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2038 on: May 19, 2019, 06:48:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

I hate Draymond Green, literally next to Dwyane Wade. Dirty player. And him and his jabs at Paul Pierce. Won't forget how Green football tackled two Celtics players on that final possession when we snapped their undefeated home-winning streak in 2016.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2039 on: May 19, 2019, 06:49:12 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Portland doing what Boston did with Milwaukee. They look good all first half, even gaining nice leads, but then crap away the game to Golden State in the 2nd half.

Boston did it 4 straight games. Now Portland has done it 3 straight games. Maybe this is what happens when your team isn't all that great and you are facing a team playing like a champion.

Yes, quite a parallel going on...