Author Topic: suggestion  (Read 10076 times)

suggestion
« on: June 03, 2008, 03:32:34 AM »

Offline nottt

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
there should be like a no holds barred section ryt here so everyone can express their true emotions and lay the verbal smack down on whacky [guy]s like one of those blogs that I read.

I aint nothin personal, but hell man, you believe that [stuff]? EAST HAVE BETTER D than WEST??? whuttt???

Celtics is good, plain and simple, but that hasty generalization is.

-----------------

[Edited.  Please avoid profanity.]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:21:05 AM by Roy Hobbs »

Re: suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 03:38:33 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Would you like another glass of Kool-Aid?
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 05:19:44 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Thanks for the suggestion.  A similar idea was recently passed along to the staff, and after discussion, it was unanimously agreed that it was not something that would be beneficial for Celticsblog. 

While Celticsblog admittedly imposes a fairly strict code of conduct on posters, we have found that this fosters a sense of community where people can communicate all their ideas freely and openly.  A "no holds barred" thread would, by definition, devolve discussion to a lower level, where fans would inevitably move away from respectful discussion, and instead engage in attempting to shout each other down.

The central tenant of the Celticsblog posting rules is "respect others at all times".  To allow a section where that rule is ignored or reduced would no doubt hurt the overall integrity and quality of this blog.

Thank you for the idea, though.  Ideas on how to improve the blog are always appreciated.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
as long as ur respectful of others, u can say whatever u want.  if you need to use vulgarity to make ur point, then i recommend broadening your vocabulary.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Thanks for the suggestion.  A similar idea was recently passed along to the staff, and after discussion, it was unanimously agreed that it was not something that would be beneficial for Celticsblog. 

While Celticsblog admittedly imposes a fairly strict code of conduct on posters, we have found that this fosters a sense of community where people can communicate all their ideas freely and openly.  A "no holds barred" thread would, by definition, devolve discussion to a lower level, where fans would inevitably move away from respectful discussion, and instead engage in attempting to shout each other down.

The central tenant of the Celticsblog posting rules is "respect others at all times".  To allow a section where that rule is ignored or reduced would no doubt hurt the overall integrity and quality of this blog.

Thank you for the idea, though.  Ideas on how to improve the blog are always appreciated.

Hey Roy - just want to thank you for all the work you do on here and for keeping the integrity of CelticsBlog and it's community!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 07:43:28 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Hey Roy - just want to thank you for all the work you do on here and for keeping the integrity of CelticsBlog and it's community!

Thanks.  Don't thank just me, though.  The entire staff deserves every bit as much credit as I do.  It's truly a great group of guys.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 07:49:32 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Thanks.  Don't thank just me, though.  The entire staff deserves every bit as much credit as I do.  It's truly a great group of guys.

i would also throw in the posters, who arent mods.  there are alot of great people who contribute outstanding things to this special community. kudos to all

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Agreed, dark_lord.  Without a bunch of great posters, keeping discussion civil over here would be a Sisyphean task.

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 10:50:27 PM »

Offline nottt

• Open Roster Spot
i appreciate replyin man.

but please, take it easy on the kool aid stuff. i got feelings too u know?

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 10:57:26 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Agreed, dark_lord.  Without a bunch of great posters, keeping discussion civil over here would be a Sisyphean task.

Sisyphean?  If I weren't so lazy, I would go find a dictionary...but luckily I am lazy, so I am going to simply assume that Sisyphean means diminutive.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 10:57:49 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Yep, yep, I'll be here all week.  Thank you, thank you!  Nah, just messing with ya, Roy  ;) I'm right with youcanthandlethetruth.  You and the rest of our dedicated group of mods do a heckuva job.  Easily one of the biggest parts (as well as the tireless work of Jeff, Bob and Green) of what makes CB such an easily enjoyable place.  Much thanks.

-sw
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 11:03:52 PM by Steve Weinman »

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 10:59:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Sisyphean?  If I weren't so lazy, I would go find a dictionary...but luckily I am lazy, so I am going to simply assume that Sisyphean means diminutive.

I'm pretty sure Roy was trying to call someone a Sissy ;)
Yup

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 11:06:09 PM »

Offline sesar

• Maine Celtic
Keep it civil, but without any kind of censorship.
Everybody should have a chance to express themselves fully.

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Also, I'll second what Roy said.  I'm a big believer that the established set-up here at CB -- and the work the mods do to enforce it -- is the biggest part of what makes this site different from so many others.  There's plenty of jabbing and fun that goes on around here, but it's done within the context of civil discussion and without escalating (or more accurately, devolving) into nonsense.  While I understand the sentiment behind the OP, I think granting that sort of request wouldn't necessarily be all that productive.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 11:15:13 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Keep it civil, but without any kind of censorship.
Everybody should have a chance to express themselves fully.

For the record, there never was any censorship based on content...the problem is, when you start talking about a topic where many people feel incredibly passionate about a certain view, they become blinded to the fact that they are breaking the site rules, and just assume that they are being singled out because of their view, which never has been, and never will be the case.