Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119332 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #495 on: June 20, 2018, 07:00:25 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #496 on: June 20, 2018, 07:38:59 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nobody wants love

Re: Here we go..Leonard wants out of SA...
« Reply #497 on: June 20, 2018, 07:48:48 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Is there any confirmation that Leonard wants to play for the Lakers?

Stephen A. swears by his sources that Leonard ONLY wants to play in LA.
(I realize you take Stephen A. with a grain of salt)

My feeling is ....... leave Leonard the hell alone. If he is, in fact, determined to play in LA, let him have at it. We already have a Finals team if healthy and Warriors are starting to get bored and unmotivated. Plus we have another Christmas Morning type draft night in 2019 to extend this team's dominance into the next decade.

Please Danny - Stay Patient !!
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #498 on: June 21, 2018, 03:52:02 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ramona Shelburne

Verified account

@ramonashelburne
 1m1 minute ago
More
Within the last week the Lakers contacted the Spurs to discuss a Kawhi Leonard trade. As one source put it, “they basically shut the door on us.”

« Reply #499 on: June 21, 2018, 03:55:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I don't even get why someone wants to play for the Lakers. Like dude they suck lol. Ingram/Ball/Kuzma are the best players they have on their team... Let that sink in. That's not even including Josh Hart, (who I swear Lakers fans think he's the next PG-13,) and Randle who is a great bruiser, but still can't shoot, and his defense is still sub-par.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #500 on: June 21, 2018, 03:55:07 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Ramona Shelburne

Verified account

@ramonashelburne
 1m1 minute ago
More
Within the last week the Lakers contacted the Spurs to discuss a Kawhi Leonard trade. As one source put it, “they basically shut the door on us.”
i said all along that the Lakers will be the last team the Spurs will do business with
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #501 on: June 21, 2018, 03:59:12 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I do not think they move him...if they do the asking price is going to be ridiculous

« Reply #502 on: June 21, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ramona Shelburne

Verified account

@ramonashelburne
 1m1 minute ago
More
i said all along that the Lakers will be the last team the Spurs will do business with
we will see when kawhi sits out another season until the spurs move him to LA

No other team will offer more than a late 1st for a kawhi rental

« Reply #503 on: June 23, 2018, 05:48:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782624-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-spurs-prefer-to-send-star-to-eastern-conference

Interesting report that the Spurs won't trade Kawhi out West.

Ultimately, I expect them to keep him and try to work it out with him, but it also does worry me, as that makes a place like Philly a prime target for San Antonio. I don't think either Cleveland or New York has enough to get him, but they also become targets, too.

« Reply #504 on: June 23, 2018, 06:47:01 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I don't even get why someone wants to play for the Lakers. Like dude they suck lol. Ingram/Ball/Kuzma are the best players they have on their team... Let that sink in. That's not even including Josh Hart, (who I swear Lakers fans think he's the next PG-13,) and Randle who is a great bruiser, but still can't shoot, and his defense is still sub-par.

I think it's more about the surrounding culture of playing for the Lakers. 16 championships, Kobe Bryant, the city, Hollywood, warm-weather, beaches, food, party/clubbing life etc etc is what attracts these players and stars.  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #505 on: June 23, 2018, 08:15:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think it's more about the surrounding culture of playing for the Lakers. 16 championships, Kobe Bryant, the city, Hollywood, warm-weather, beaches, food, party/clubbing life etc etc is what attracts these players and stars.  ::)
LA is home seems to be a big reason this time.

« Reply #506 on: June 23, 2018, 10:41:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782624-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-spurs-prefer-to-send-star-to-eastern-conference

Ultimately, I expect them to keep him and try to work it out with him, but it also does worry me, as that makes a place like Philly a prime target for San Antonio. I don't think either Cleveland or New York has enough to get him, but they also become targets, too.

I kind of get the feeling now that he actually stays in San Antonio and they work it out. That said, Kawhi's seriously got to man up and stand up to his uncle, who I'm pretty sure is the one fueling the fire out of "Kawhi's camp".  ::)

New York could flip Ntilikina (who Pop loves), Knox, a player like Hardaway and some future pick and that could get it done. I think Kawhi would be willing to play in NYK long term according to Begley. So Clippers, Lakers and Knicks could take the risk knowing he'd re-sign long term.

The other thing though, I'm not sure Philly is willing to take the risk of making a trade for Kawhi and seeing him bolt a year later (like the Celtics are thinking). Give up Fultz + Smith + 2021 Heat Pick + Saric for a rental not guaranteed to re-up long term? Yikes. Same thing with us if we gave up Jaylen + Grizz/Kings Pick in a package for a rental. YIKES.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #507 on: June 23, 2018, 11:34:18 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I kind of get the feeling now that he actually stays in San Antonio and they work it out. That said, Kawhi's seriously got to man up and stand up to his uncle, who I'm pretty sure is the one fueling the fire out of "Kawhi's camp".  ::)

New York could flip Ntilikina (who Pop loves), Knox, a player like Hardaway and some future pick and that could get it done. I think Kawhi would be willing to play in NYK long term according to Begley. So Clippers, Lakers and Knicks could take the risk knowing he'd re-sign long term.

The other thing though, I'm not sure Philly is willing to take the risk of making a trade for Kawhi and seeing him bolt a year later (like the Celtics are thinking). Give up Fultz + Smith + 2021 Heat Pick + Saric for a rental not guaranteed to re-up long term? Yikes. Same thing with us if we gave up Jaylen + Grizz/Kings Pick in a package for a rental. YIKES.
As the Sixers, I definitely wouldn't give up all that for Kawhi without a strong indication that he'd re-sign.  Even if he gave it, I'm not sure I'd trust his word at this point.  There is also his health uncertainty. 

The Sixers are in a great situation.  If they can't get a star this offseason, they can try again next offseason as long as they don't waste their cap space and tradable assets.  Heck if Kawhi and the Spurs don't agree on the designated veteran extension, the Sixers can go after him as a free agent next offseason. 

« Reply #508 on: June 24, 2018, 08:42:29 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
What if Philly trades for Kawhi with the thought it can bring LeBron with him through FA? That’s the only scary thought I have in this.

Btw listening to Brett Brown on the radio the other day he basically admitted the only reason they traded Mikal Bridges was for that Heat pick to potentially use in a trade for a star player.

« Reply #509 on: June 24, 2018, 09:42:35 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Am starting to think Philly will make the best offer for Leonard. I think Brown won’t be on the table, nor the Sacramento pick.