Author Topic: Celtics, leaderhip and excitment and mystery.  (Read 454 times)

Celtics, leaderhip and excitment and mystery.
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:46:29 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
My Celtics and random thoughts...

I'd like to express how important leadership is, and leading by example.   A lot of guys are different leaders.  We know the basic styles, and hear it all the time.  As much as we cringe, as a majority, a guy like Ray Allen is respected for the way he took care of his body and put up jump shots hours before tip off and practice.   KG was an in your face, passionate leader.  So dedicated and the embodiment team effort, accountability and showed the Heart of a Champion to ride and die each game, no matter what the odds where....oh and did I say every game.  And our very own Paul Pierce.  Who we watched his game mature, develop all under the microscope.... My hero... DC, man Paul really.  Okay if you say so...please beat the Cavs.   (was hoping the team with better odds, OKC, CLippers, SPurs)

Who do we have now?  No Doc or Perk, who also provided positive leadership. 

Anyway those guys are gone...and not coming back for the second year....Leadership is learned....Highs/lows and more.   Anyway this blog has great leadership....Around the same time years ago...man things look different.  I remember  I came to this blog for updates.  (I remember finding out the Payton/Walker Atlanta Trade.  Back when we could resign a player that we traded away, whose just got his contract bought out.  How cool was that loop hole) Anyway my point is This place has an identity.  We are the smartest fans, best fans, passionate, realistic, and all the optimistic and pessimistic come here.  But at the and of the day every comment on posts are picked apart, why it can't or could happen.   I trust the vibe, most facts.   Rondo, Stevens, Bass and really who/what is our leadership identity.  Maybe Angie. 

The current Celtics have a tested former All-Star coming off knee surgery in a contract year.   That is positive, right.   This could be his team(max deal and help influence picks/FA recruiter)  We have a young, defensive, small, strong defender with an average 3 point shot, injury prone, hard working SG.  That is positive....is he too small.  Great 3 gaurd /6th man imo.  We have a frustrating, inconsistent( as far as the box score) extremely athletic SF, I'll take it but, again a key 6th/7th  man on a contender playing big minutes imo.  Then it goes promising, but needs more time to see the ceiling.  I think the next three guys could surprise us, but odds are their physical abilities are limited to a smaller jump in Stevens system.   With only Bass growing as a more consistent, and still a slightly better overall defender....  (Bass, Sully and KO)  If I could take all three of there strengths I'd have my future Kevin Love with better defense, I swear.   And a interesting Zeller at Center.  I'm excited to see him, Victor and KO play some center.   

So that leaves me with flyers this year for Smart/Pressy/Young and maybe more johnson.   Maybe a healthy 2010 Wallace could be exciting.     Moser put up stats, nice stroke.  But another 6"8" guy what is he? SF/PF that is a tuff spot to get minutes on our team.   

I think we need to find another Alpha DOG like Rondo.   Just one that is hungry, not sell the farm but see what we have for a couple months and play TEAM Basketball. 

We do not want any  head cases on our team.  Turner/Lance/Bynum one, two or all three.  I have no clue if they are or not.  They ARE talented.  But with a rookie coach and no real tested vet, I'm scared.  Jury is still out if RONDO was the man, or the teamwork and leadership of the above vets made him look like our secret weapon.   He had a pass last year, and I did not see him imposing his will last year.  Could be the knee, or his hunger.   Many people say he played for the spot light....who knows.    I just assume the less Ron Artest type mind and soul people the better.  No thanks, not while we are searching for our identity.    Nor do we need to make marginal lateral moves.  Using that TPE was a must.  The only issue I seeing is having to cut/waive the roster down to get at/or under the cap.   We have assets of all shapes and sizes.  I'm impatient, and already tried to divide all the minutes to our plethora of guards.   I can't seem to work in 10 minutes of playing time for Bogans.   Just kidding, Not when we need to develop our young talent.  We need to clear cap room/add talent when we can for cheap, and keep trading nickles and dimes into quarters.   Then when we can trade those quarters for a dollar hear and their it would be nice to see Rondo, Green, Bradley, Bass, Sulley and KO part of the TEAM that wont the champion ship like the Spurs just did.  Maybe Smart too.  Swap out your personal favorites and add a couple of OG (Durrant/Harden/Westbrook/Griffin/Howard/Hayward/LA/Dirk ect) and our supporting cast is our home town heroes now.     Point is, we are a couple moves away, a little luck and like most people are saying.  Be patient, can't build a contender in 18 days, but we can put all our eggs in a bad leader.   I'm getting excited to see our team develop.  I check this cite 5/15 times a day.   Go Celtics. 
Diggles