Author Topic: Mo Bamba article on ESPN  (Read 3088 times)

Mo Bamba article on ESPN
« on: June 10, 2018, 12:24:59 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Sounds like this guy clearly has some upside if his workouts get him ready...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23746891/2018-nba-draft-mohamed-bamba-growing-case-best-player-draft

Mike

Re: Mo Bamba article on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I just think there's such value to the type of moves that Bamba is incorporating into his game. Starting as a volume three point shooter and moving inside after that will allow him to function in the high-level offense in a way that somebody like Ayton might not.

If your team like Phoenix that just needs to max out its talent you go for Ayton. If we could find our way into the top five I just feel comfortable that Mo Bamba will make the right decisions and adjustments to his game to fit into what we're already putting out.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 01:14:46 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I must say that Bamba has done a better job than anyone else at managing the pre-draft narrative. He showed some significant flaws during his freshman season, and he's gotten a number of stories posted which wonder if he's worthy of the top pick, hint at big improvements in his shooting stroke, cover his advanced training, quotes from execs, exceptional sprint times, etc...

I always like to see young players evolve and I hope these stories reflect real growth in his game. I just would like to see him play better in some actual games before buying the hype.  Summer league should be an interesting showcase for him.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 01:18:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I must say that Bamba has done a better job than anyone else at managing the pre-draft narrative. He showed some significant flaws during his freshman season, and he's gotten a number of stories posted which wonder if he's worthy of the top pick, hint at big improvements in his shooting stroke, cover his advanced training, quotes from execs, exceptional sprint times, etc...

I always like to see young players evolve and I hope these stories reflect real growth in his game. I just would like to see him play better in some actual games before buying the hype.  Summer league should be an interesting showcase for him.

Agreed. Good PR Agent.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Sounds like this guy clearly has some upside if his workouts get him ready...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23746891/2018-nba-draft-mohamed-bamba-growing-case-best-player-draft

Mike

TP for sharing this article. Dude does yoga = do not want, LOL ;D.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 02:05:30 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Whenever I watched Texas I can't recall Bamba really impressing me.  The article definitely sounds good but is he going to continue to work this hard after he gets drafted.  I do question the focus on shooting corner 3s.  I'd rather have my center shoot top of the key 3s like Embiid does so he can get back on transition defense. 

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 02:12:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Whenever I watched Texas I can't recall Bamba really impressing me. The article definitely sounds good but is he going to continue to work this hard after he gets drafted.  I do question the focus on shooting corner 3s.  I'd rather have my center shoot top of the key 3s like Embiid does so he can get back on transition defense.

Same. Long way to go. Hope he ends up in Memphis or Sacramento somehow.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Whenever I watched Texas I can't recall Bamba really impressing me. The article definitely sounds good but is he going to continue to work this hard after he gets drafted.  I do question the focus on shooting corner 3s.  I'd rather have my center shoot top of the key 3s like Embiid does so he can get back on transition defense.

Same. Long way to go. Hope he ends up in Memphis or Sacramento somehow.

He honestly sounds a lot like Dewayne Dedmon, albeit with an inconsistent motor, if that makes any sense, lol ;D.

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 05:19:10 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Poor Mo Bamba...Getting mashed on by Embid today....Embid double dribbles though...and look who is playing in the background...

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzz.nba/videos/1865610796879688/
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 05:23:44 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Poor Mo Bamba...Getting mashed on by Embid today....Embid double dribbles though...and look who is playing in the background...

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzz.nba/videos/1865610796879688/
LOL, welcome to the NBA, kid.  I am sure Embiid is motivated to play extra hard against Bamba and Ayton...needs to show the rooks who the boss is.