Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 1 5/7/24  (Read 11503 times)

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1253
JT getting lots of hate in X (twitter) now. I hope he bounces back big time next game.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
This teams defense can be scary good! C’s offense can be feast or famine, but even if they go on just a mini run, the defense is really the difference maker.

On the train on my way home now from the arena but yeah, from the eye test (without hearing any commentary or “analysis” to influence my thoughts), I’d be surprised if the series reaches 6 games and I think a bunch of the wins will look like this. Just really good defense from the C’s
- LilRip

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 133
It says a lot that this team can a highly flawed game and still finish with a 25 point win against a competitive playoff team. That's crazy. 

The 08 Celtics were a historically great team who played consistently hard/well, and they took 7 games to beat the Hawks, 7 games to beat the Cavs, 6 games to beat the Pistons and 6 games to beat the Lakers in the final - all very hard fought series.

This Celtics team is playing nowhere near the best they can play and they are blowing teams out by 15-20 points every night - there have been very few teams I've seen in the history of the NBA that have done that in the playoffs.   It's scary to think of how good this team could be if they actually played a perfect game.   

As for today:
* Won the boads 60-45
* Won from three 39% to 26%
* Won from the field 49% to 41%
* Won the assists 22 to 19
* Win the free throw attempts 14 to 13

The only category the Cavs won is turnovers, and just barely (5 to 6).

We just dominated them in every aspect of the game, and did it without Porzingis.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
JT getting lots of hate in X (twitter) now. I hope he bounces back big time next game.

So when Kyrie has a huge game, why doesn't Doncic get criticized for not being the best guy and being "overrated", same with the likes of Ant  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 560
Who gives a flip about what idiots on twitter post.  He didn't shoot well but otherwise played a pretty good game. 

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 560
It says a lot that this team can a highly flawed game and still finish with a 25 point win against a competitive playoff team. That's crazy. 

The 08 Celtics were a historically great team who played consistently hard/well, and they took 7 games to beat the Hawks, 7 games to beat the Cavs, 6 games to beat the Pistons and 6 games to beat the Lakers in the final - all very hard fought series.

This Celtics team is playing nowhere near the best they can play and they are blowing teams out by 15-20 points every night - there have been very few teams I've seen in the history of the NBA that have done that in the playoffs.   It's scary to think of how good this team could be if they actually played a perfect game.   

As for today:
* Won the boads 60-45

We just dominated them in every aspect of the game, and did it without Porzingis.
Don't know what some of you expect.  As the stats you posted show, it most definitely wasn't a highly flawed game by the Celts.  The offense was very good and the defense was even better. 

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
Who gives a flip about what idiots on twitter post.  He didn't shoot well but otherwise played a pretty good game.

Yep, as has been the case throughout the playoffs right now he's struggling with his shot but is doing everything else.  He was the 3rd highest +/- tonight, and he's leading the Celtics in Win Shares (10.4), BPM (+5.1) and VORP (+4.7) in the playoffs not including today.

He's also the ONLY player in the playoffs who is averaging at least 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists with less than 2 turnovers.  Aside from his shooting he's been really quite outstanding.

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2730
NBA games are not won or lost on twitter/X. Thankfully this Celtics team seem to understand that well.

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum

As for today:
* Won the boads 60-45

Don't know what some of you expect.  As the stats you posted show, it most definitely wasn't a highly flawed game by the Celts.  The offense was very good and the defense was even better.

When I say highly flawed, what I mean is that the team still made a lot of unnecessary mistakes and poor decisions that could have been avoided - they didn't play anything close to a perfect game.  That fact that thy still dominated as much as they did across pretty much every category is increadible. 

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
NBA games are not won or lost on twitter/X. Thankfully this Celtics team seem to understand that well.

Agreed. I’m happy to have casuals complain as long as C’s keep winning lol

- LilRip

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1613

cannot wait until KAY PEE is back.

we can be lethal when we show up.

beat 3 teams this year by 50 plus. that is nuts

we still may drop 140 one of these playoff games.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1035

We’re winning. Other than Game 2 against Miami, we’ve been dominant.

When we need him, he will be there.
CELTICS 2024

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2029
Thankfully, aside from Game 2 against the Heat, we've looed dominant at home.  That game was both a fluke and just a bad game from the C's.

If we take care of home court we will hang banner 18.  I've no clue why we've been so bad at home in the past two playoff runs.  I hope that this is a signal that that trend is over.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1613
Thankfully, aside from Game 2 against the Heat, we've looed dominant at home.  That game was both a fluke and just a bad game from the C's.

If we take care of home court we will hang banner 18.  I've no clue why we've been so bad at home in the past two playoff runs.  I hope that this is a signal that that trend is over.

and all of our wins have been blowouts. if we hit on all cylinders we can beat this cavs team 140-85.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402
The way Tatum played poorly, last year we would've lost this game.

Man, I love this team personnel now.

Great Win!! TPs.

Honestly he really just shot poorly.  He was trying to get that stepback three ball to drop and it just wasn't there for him tonight.

I really liked everything else he did though.  Defended his ass off.  Made smart passes.  Attacked the glass.  If that stuff is consistent out of him, we can win games even when he's not hitting shots.  And if those shots drop too, forget it.

Yup his plus minus for the game was the highest or 2nd highest on the team if I recall correctly. But obviously points is the main metric people use to gauge if someone added value or not
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D