Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 1 Game #1 4/21/24  (Read 13747 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 1 Game #1 4/21/24
« Reply #391 on: April 21, 2024, 04:28:35 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943
Funny enough, I thought of all the guys, Bam was the only Heat player who guarded Tatum really well 1 on 1. Bam's a great defender. But the Heat simply don't have the horses this season and can't afford for him to be on Tatum, otherwise KP and the others will feast anyways.

They really don't have an answer for our guards/wings especially with no Butler. Herro/Robinson/Rozier won't do it. Jacquez is a nice player and capable but still not quite there yet, and it's a tough task having him on JT his rookie year to begin with.

They're going down. And another TP for reaching Bill Russell level with 30k posts.

Thank you! I didn't realize lol. Dang I must be annoying on these boards with all those posts  :P

Well, not all the posts…

;D

Mike

« Reply #392 on: April 21, 2024, 04:30:00 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
I am surprised Spoelstra started Jovic. There is no way Jovic can cover Tatum or Jaylen. Spoelstra has to change his starting lineup for this series. Bring in Highsmith. Or even Delon Wright with Jaime Jaquez sliding up to forward. They need a legitimate athlete there who can cover quick wings like Tatum & Jaylen.

Jovic is going to kill them in this series. He should only play if BOS uses a double big lineup. Otherwise his butt should be glued to the bench.

« Reply #393 on: April 21, 2024, 04:30:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Miami is a dirty team. No way around it.

« Reply #394 on: April 21, 2024, 04:39:47 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378
That might fire up the Celtics next game. Getting chippy.

best thing that could have happened.  We need to play with more of an edge, especially against the heat.
Agree with this. Scal post game thought it was a blatant cheap shot and blamed Spoelstra.

He practically tackled Tatum.  Someone was saying he got pushed into Tatum, maybe a little push, but he was moving at Tatum the whole time.   It looked cheap to me.   So glad JT got right up after, and glad that JB gave the little shove to Martin, IE you just tackled him, stop trying to help him up now you jerk.  We need to increase our level of physicality.  We need to tell other teams that tackling our #1 guy isn't ok.
Not a dirty play at all. Jrue pushed Martin into Tatum. I’m shocked the announcers didn’t pick up on it. Trust me, I hate the Heat and still haven’t forgiven Dwayne Wade for Rondo’s elbow injury, but I don’t think there was anything intentional there if you’ve seen the shove by Jrue.

« Reply #395 on: April 21, 2024, 04:42:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Riley runs a dirty club and I ve watched his teams 40 years on going don’t tell he doesn’t.

« Reply #396 on: April 21, 2024, 04:45:59 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612

Wooooooooooooo

Ric is ready

SWEEP THE HEAT! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DESTROYED THEM IN GAME 1

Yessir we did, TP Lep

TP backatcha

i was out of state driving home and listened on sirius/XM satellite radio. sounded like we played well.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #397 on: April 21, 2024, 05:22:31 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Wooooooooooooo

Ric is ready

SWEEP THE HEAT! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DESTROYED THEM IN GAME 1

Yessir we did, TP Lep

TP backatcha

i was out of state driving home and listened on sirius/XM satellite radio. sounded like we played well.

Righteous. Glad they didn't stress you too much on the road. Yeah we dominated early then really got sloppy in the 2nd quarter.

Got way crisper in the second half. This should be a short series. Unless Spoelstra puts a hit on one of our boys

« Reply #398 on: April 21, 2024, 05:59:37 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1253
That might fire up the Celtics next game. Getting chippy.

best thing that could have happened.  We need to play with more of an edge, especially against the heat.
Agree with this. Scal post game thought it was a blatant cheap shot and blamed Spoelstra.

He practically tackled Tatum.  Someone was saying he got pushed into Tatum, maybe a little push, but he was moving at Tatum the whole time.   It looked cheap to me.   So glad JT got right up after, and glad that JB gave the little shove to Martin, IE you just tackled him, stop trying to help him up now you jerk.  We need to increase our level of physicality.  We need to tell other teams that tackling our #1 guy isn't ok.

Late to the party. I just saw the play and yeah, while Jrue did push Martin a bit, it looked like Caleb wasn’t innocent still. I mean he jumped in the air and collided with JT thereby undercutting him. It was a dirty play in my opinion. Anyway, late TPs for all!

« Reply #399 on: April 21, 2024, 06:03:42 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
We can debate the Caleb Martin play, but Bam will always set illegal screens and play dirty. He's the one I'm worried about the most. Frankly, I wish someone would just truck over him or something when he does the screen. If they're gonna call us for ticky tack stuff and ignore Bam's illegal screens, then go make him feel it. Send a message. Maybe just send Tillman out there for a few minutes to deliver a few hard fouls.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #400 on: April 21, 2024, 06:11:41 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1502
We can debate the Caleb Martin play, but Bam will always set illegal screens and play dirty. He's the one I'm worried about the most. Frankly, I wish someone would just truck over him or something when he does the screen. If they're gonna call us for ticky tack stuff and ignore Bam's illegal screens, then go make him feel it. Send a message. Maybe just send Tillman out there for a few minutes to deliver a few hard fouls.

The one where he completely flattened DWhite made me mad.  It was an obvious moving screen, and no call ever on Bam whenever he sets those type of picks.

« Reply #401 on: April 21, 2024, 06:13:19 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!

The one where he completely flattened DWhite made me mad.  It was an obvious moving screen, and no call ever on Bam whenever he sets those type of picks.

Exactly. Even Doris Burke of all people said today that Bam sets illegal screens and gets away with stuff. Everyone knows it. Wish someone would go send him a message. This series is gonna get more physical regardless. Miami will become desperate
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #402 on: April 21, 2024, 07:21:45 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Bam sets a moving pick every time. It’s never called.
I would like to see Boston cut off the lane a bit more on the drives.

It’s obvious Miami can’t score unless Boston really helps them.
It’s encouraging that a lot of the Celtics players were under their averages today and they still won.

I expect JB, Jrue and white to be much better in game 2. I honestly don’t see the Heat looking much different.

« Reply #403 on: April 21, 2024, 08:37:37 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 546

If you watch the replay (and I did several times), Bam's feet don't move.  He did however lean his body into White to deliver a blow. I'm not sure the pick was illegal. Often times the refs let the guy setting the pick get away with moving somewhat, but that didn't happen.

« Reply #404 on: April 21, 2024, 09:18:19 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1696

If you watch the replay (and I did several times), Bam's feet don't move.  He did however lean his body into White to deliver a blow. I'm not sure the pick was illegal. Often times the refs let the guy setting the pick get away with moving somewhat, but that didn't happen.

I thought that was a legal screen.  *shrug*  Feet were set, he leans slightly but I thought he was bracing for contact rather than trying to deliver a hit.  And I say this as a person who thinks Bam is sneakily one of the dirtier players in the league, by the way.  He's not going to get much rope from me.  That was just a good hard screen though imo.

The one I took issue with was a few possessions earlier, when Adebayo tried to screen Tatum.  On that play he moved his feet like an offensive lineman and then flopped when Tatum tried to go through him.  Nonsense.