Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 12/27  (Read 121366 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 12/27
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 12:13:19 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Maybe JJJ should get a shot at guarding LeBron?
Wasn’t he defensive player of the year or something in college?

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 12:16:16 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

And Mikki Moore was NBDL defensive player of the year. ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 12:24:17 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

And Mikki Moore was NBDL defensive player of the year. ;)
i know, it’s kind of desperate... with Pavlovic or Daniels as alternative, maybe he can get a shot.

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 12:36:20 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Yes as a PF/C.  He is not a SF, and I don't think they are going to start him there now.

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
JJJ would get wrecked guarding lebron. I would rather put Rondo on him. He actually has done a good job on lebron in short stretches in the past.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:01:32 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Anticipating a Heatles blowout unfortunately.  C's have no one that will offer much defensive resistance to Bron nor anyone that will keep him honest on D. He's going to be roaming around and causing havok. 

I also think Wade and Bosh will get the better of Ray and KG fairly handily.

I think Rondo will come back down to earth a little tonight because I think Bron will help on defending him if not take him outright at times.

I'm looking for another good game from Bass and better games from Dooling and Wilcox.

If the C's lose by less than 20 I'll be stunned (pleasantly so but still stunned).  Probably come out fighting for a couple of minutes and hold their own but end up down by 10 or more by the end of the first quarter with Miami pulling further away each quarter.  I hate being this pessimistic but after the NY game and the preseason, I just don't see the sense of urgency with these guys that this is the last go-around for them.

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2011, 01:13:41 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
It’s all about Sasha in this game.  He has the basic physical tools – strength, bulk, adequate size, decent athleticism – to do a passable job on LBJ, and he used to have a 3-point shot.  His inability to contribute anything offensively or defend without fouling was disastrous against Melo and the Knicks.  Not only did it hurt the starting line-up, but it forced Quis into duty as a full-time 3 (which in turn lead to Bradley racking up negative production at the back-up 2). 

If he can give us a couple 3s early to establish floor spacing and decent, low-foul defense, I think he could give us 30 minutes and free up Daniels to lead the bench.  If we get that, I think we have a shot.  Without it, we’re toast. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I expect them to win why we have no Pierce or Pietrus, not only that though they are young and juiced up coming off a Finals loss. I don't expect Miami to play at this level to the very end though.

They will burn out eventually the minutes and the way they're playing though. I hope that's the case at least.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
i hope doc does not put dooling @ SG that's stupid Moore should back ray and when the heat bring there bench out the line up atleast once should be...Moore @ pg,Bradley @ SG,Daniels @ SF
Bass @ PF,stiemsma @ C

and give johnson a few min

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Would love to see the Celtics keep this under a 10-point loss. I think the Heat are fired up and looking forward to putting a big hurting on the C's -- Pierce or no Pierce.

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Would love to see the Celtics keep this under a 10-point loss. I think the Heat are fired up and looking forward to putting a big hurting on the C's -- Pierce or no Pierce.
completely agree that the Heat will be fired up.  They seem to be looking to send a message to the other top teams that they will be the team to beat this year.  a 10-pt margin would be a miracle.  I think less than a 20-pt margin would be an optimistic outcome. 

I'll look to the rematches later this season when they hopefully have PP and Pietrus on the active roster (and hopefully no significant players out) and gauge how the team does in that game as a better measure of how the teams compare.

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2011, 02:14:46 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I view the Heat as heavy favorites at home without Pierce (or even Pietrus). It will be way to hard to stop Lebron from breaking down our defense without a double team if Pierce is not on the floor.

This doesn't make a win impossible, but I am not getting my hopes up.

As bad as Bradley has looked, I still want him to get minutes in the first half. TA was much older with us than Bradley and managed on many occasions to look just as lost. Avery is still the guy that almost all of his polled fellow new draftees crowned the best defensive player in their class. The guy can move laterally like few players can.

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »

Offline igorsure

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Actually we forgot one person in a team who can effectively guard LeBron.It is Rondo - he did it couple times in last season. 

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2011, 03:02:38 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
this will be a tough game for the Cs, obviously always looking for them to win but not holding out much home with out the captain. What I am interested to see is how we play as a defensive unit (especially bass and wilcox). Who steps upon offense (last game rondo and bass). Who beside bass can step up from the bench.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
also i would try Bass on James for a stretch, just tell him to playoff and let james shoot from the outside. Really its early in the season and it cant hurt to try.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet