Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 12/27  (Read 121353 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 12/27
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 08:34:39 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Nightmare of a matchup between Sasha Pavlovic and LeBron James.

Going to be extremely difficult to win this game without Paul Pierce (especially w/o his defense).

going to be fun Sasha shut him down..i think he can do it

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 10:08:28 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
LeBron will eat us alive here I'm afraid.  Miami had a new offensive scheme going on, seemed to involve a lot more running and off the ball movement, and they looked very effecient last game.

"Ray/Wade at this point in their careers is advantage Heat." - I had to laugh at this on the front page, really?  I love Ray Allen but since he's been here that's been advantage Heat at SG.  Right now it's big time advantage Heat. Wade is the leagues best SG no question.  Let's get realistic on that one.

Nightmare of a matchup between Sasha Pavlovic and LeBron James.

Going to be extremely difficult to win this game without Paul Pierce (especially w/o his defense).

Yeah, if you think Melo really took it to us with Sasha and Marquis covering him . . . oh boy.

Melo is a better scorer than James. You really have to play him tight because he can kill you with his jumper.

But LeBron James is a better defender. We need Sasha's production on the offensive end like he did against the Knicks...oh wait.

haha LeBron is going to get bored on defense... unfortunately that means he will probably be roaming around and causing trouble.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him helping out on Rondo or matching up with him straight up on defense.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:16:13 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 10:39:54 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Tonight's officials are: 

Dan Crawford,    Dick Bavetta,    Olandis Poole

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 10:50:55 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Tonight's officials are: 

Yipes - 1st Santa Joey and now Knick Bavetta.

Well, I know it will be a tough challenge to face the Heat but really the Heat had a walkover game against that Fat, Slow, and Old team against Dallas that is vomiting all over themselves.

So being the 1st week coming back from a long lockout it is a bit tough to tell where everyone stands.

I suspect that My Hammy is very good and that we are still competitve but not outstanding.

It is looking like an Oh and Two Start so no whining and no more Blow up this Pig threads for at least six more weeks.

Need to keep fighting and build up that team chemistry and attack them down low.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
afraid this one gets ugly very quickly. Don't see boston having a chance tonight

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
We have a decent chance, just have to stop them from getting out and running early- something we are generally good at except we give up offensive boards in doing so.

Stop hating on Sasha,it was opening night at MSG and the Knicks are contenders, he was going to get 30 points regardless of who was guarding him. If he hadn't gotten 4 fouls so quickly he could have had 50 quite easily- Anyway, Sasha will make Lebron shoot. Problem is Lebron cherry picking and going for fast breaks with his boyfriend Dwayne.

Can't wait to see our bench out there-this is our advantage, particularly when Battier is out too.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 11:21:49 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
We have a decent chance, just have to stop them from getting out and running early- something we are generally good at except we give up offensive boards in doing so.

Stop hating on Sasha,it was opening night at MSG and the Knicks are contenders, he was going to get 30 points regardless of who was guarding him. If he hadn't gotten 4 fouls so quickly he could have had 50 quite easily- Anyway, Sasha will make Lebron shoot. Problem is Lebron cherry picking and going for fast breaks with his boyfriend Dwayne.

Can't wait to see our bench out there-this is our advantage, particularly when Battier is out too.

I do not hate on Sasha as badly as most, but lets not pretend he can stop LeBron from going to the rack or anything.  That's a gigantic mismatch.

About the Melo thing, the refs made playing physical D on him impossible with their calls and Melo is the leagues best scorer, especially in the clutch and in the fourth.  He always is ready to make a run you just have to contain him.

If we had Pierce to go at him on the other end it would have been huge: he either plays physical and fouls or allows Pierce to score.

The bench will be interesting.  Don't forget they have Haslem though.  Bass vs Halsem should be a great matchup.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
sasha is worthless. james is going to eat him alive. Sasha will get 2 quick fouls trying to stay with james

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 11:40:09 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
sasha is worthless. james is going to eat him alive. Sasha will get 2 quick fouls trying to stay with james

I actually think Sasha will have better luck defensively against James than he did against Melo.  Melo is tough, because he can basically shoot over him, and he is not really bothered by Sasha getting up in his space.  Lebron on the other hand needs to be able to step into his perimeter shots to be successful from out there, so an aggressive defender like Sasha or Daniels (who did well against Lebron last year), can have a little more luck making him uncomfortable by getting underneath him.

The bigger issue tonight is going to be with the bigs IMO.  Will they be on time with their help defense, to close out the open lane, when Sasha plays him up tight, and will they be there one the backside to stop Bosh and Haslem from killing them off of the double-teams?

I think KG and JO will do a decent job, but this is what really worries me with Bass and Wilcox.  They have the potential to get really burned.

I also fear whether the C's will be able to score against the Heat's defense.  They are going to need another incredible game from Rondo. 

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 11:42:06 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
agree about the Cs offense...afraid we will see large droughts where miami pulls away and gets up 10 plus quickly...envision boston fighting uphill all night

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
unless RR goes for a quad double, I don't see this turning out so good.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
would like to see moore in there instead of bradley...

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 11:51:56 AM »

Offline igorsure

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
The only weak hope is Sasha was LeBron's teammate long years.
So it may give him some addition clue in defense

But yes. Chances for Celtics in this game are pathetic.

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 12:00:14 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Tonight's officials are: 

LeBron and Wade will be camped at the foul line all night.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 12:12:39 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Tonight's officials are: 

LeBron and Wade will be camped at the foul line all night.

I think its the other way around.  The small part of me that believes in conspiracies believes Stern does not want the Lakers, Mavs, and C's to all start 0-2.  So, he has called in the big guns to keep Lebron and company from running all over them.