3 (5.7%)
Portland
0 (0%)
Houston
7 (13.2%)
Other
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)  (Read 49490 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2018, 03:19:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Woj (Drama) Bomb:

All-Star Jimmy Butler participated in Minnesota's practice, a session that included him verbally challenging teammates, coaches and front office, league sources told ESPN. Butler was vociferous and emotional at times, targeting Thibodeau/Layden/Towns/Wiggins. Story soon on ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1050099591226552320

Lol update:

At one point in a scrimmage, sources said, Butler turned to GM Scott Layden and screamed, "You (bleeping) need me. You can't win without me." Butler left teammates and coaches largely speechless. He dominated the gym in every way. Jimmy's back.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1050102251262480386

Sounds like a normal, healthy atmosphere over there in Minnesota. Although honestly, depending on how it got taken this kind of thing could unify the team, albeit probably against Butler.
it certainly doesn't make it easier for the Wolves to trade him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2018, 03:20:46 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I never want to hear about Butler to Celtics. not even for free.

« Reply #317 on: October 10, 2018, 03:24:22 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Woj (Drama) Bomb:

All-Star Jimmy Butler participated in Minnesota's practice, a session that included him verbally challenging teammates, coaches and front office, league sources told ESPN. Butler was vociferous and emotional at times, targeting Thibodeau/Layden/Towns/Wiggins. Story soon on ESPN.

Lol update:

At one point in a scrimmage, sources said, Butler turned to GM Scott Layden and screamed, "You (bleeping) need me. You can't win without me." Butler left teammates and coaches largely speechless. He dominated the gym in every way. Jimmy's back.

Sounds like a normal, healthy atmosphere over there in Minnesota. Although honestly, depending on how it got taken this kind of thing could unify the team, albeit probably against Butler.

wow lol

« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2018, 03:30:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Hahaha it sure is fun to watch from a distance, though isn't it?

Honestly though, is this really something you couldn't see KG doing if he was fed up enough with his team? Just pure don't-give-a-bleep busting the hell out of everyone with his game and his mouth? I mean he was known to fight a teammate or two in his day.

« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2018, 03:46:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Woj (Drama) Bomb:

Lol update:

They should just take the heat package and move on

« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2018, 04:02:17 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Woj (Drama) Bomb:

Lol update:

They should just take the heat package and move on

Any slackers on the Mojitos?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2018, 04:21:58 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

What? That's a very talented player right there. We need competitors and aggressors like him on this team. I'd take him for free, esp if Hayward doesn't pan out.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2018, 04:23:02 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Hahaha it sure is fun to watch from a distance, though isn't it?

Honestly though, is this really something you couldn't see KG doing if he was fed up enough with his team? Just pure don't-give-a-bleep busting the hell out of everyone with his game and his mouth? I mean he was known to fight a teammate or two in his day.

I like the part where he made fat boy Davis cried. And giving Ray Allen the cold shoulders after his defection.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2018, 05:06:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
"Many of the Minnesota players left practice energized by Butler's performance, mesmerized with him taking several end-of-the-bench players and running the table in scrimmage games against the regulars, league sources said. After punctuating the final victory at the end of practice, Butler marched out of the gym as though to emphasize he had proven his point, sources said. Coaches and players were largely speechless, league sources said."

« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2018, 05:12:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
"Many of the Minnesota players left practice energized by Butler's performance, mesmerized with him taking several end-of-the-bench players and running the table in scrimmage games against the regulars, league sources said. After punctuating the final victory at the end of practice, Butler marched out of the gym as though to emphasize he had proven his point, sources said. Coaches and players were largely speechless, league sources said."

This sounds totally badass! He basically wupped the starters using a team of 3rd stringers and told everyone off, then walked out. Legendary!

« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
All this seems to have exposed Towns. A year ago, he was possibly the most valuable young player in the league. There were several reports on this practice out there and no indication he fought back. Total humiliation.

« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2018, 06:39:44 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
if i was a T-Wolve player and he did all that hollering at me, i would do a Bill Laimbeer on him!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2018, 06:44:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

This sounds totally badass! He basically wupped the starters using a team of 3rd stringers and told everyone off, then walked out. Legendary!

Yeah I'm still glad that drama's not over here but I'm firmly on Team Jimmy now. A hell of a way to make your point. And it actually might help them.

« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2018, 07:02:57 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
At one point, Butler found himself guarding Towns in the post and when the big man received the entry pass, Butler yelled, “He can’t do [expletive] against me!” and Towns ended up kicking the ball out, league sources said.

Neither Towns nor Wiggins confronted Butler at any point, league sources said

Some players were motivated by Butler’s theatrics, but others were distraught and speechless, most notably Towns, league sources said.

Towns then huddled the players up with a message centered on everyone keeping their emotions in check, league sources said. But according to some of the players, the message was empty.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-karl-anthony-towns-andrew-wiggins-primary-targets-jimmy-butlers-practice-insults-220611226.html

I started to question KAT's mindset in the playoffs last year. And now... Sheesh.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2018, 07:50:07 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
This is everything we've already known about the Wolves though. There is a reason that team doesn't like each other lol

Butler even with his talent and determination can ruin a locker rooms chemistry very quickly. Towns being the king of empty stats, and Wiggins just being a guy that hasn't come close to living up o the hype. I'm sure Thibs still wants them all back though because he doesn't really care about running guys into the ground with his old school approach.

Oh was mess that must be.