3 (5.7%)
Portland
0 (0%)
Houston
7 (13.2%)
Other
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)  (Read 49690 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)
« Reply #330 on: October 10, 2018, 08:50:38 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
"Many of the Minnesota players left practice energized by Butler's performance, mesmerized with him taking several end-of-the-bench players and running the table in scrimmage games against the regulars, league sources said. After punctuating the final victory at the end of practice, Butler marched out of the gym as though to emphasize he had proven his point, sources said. Coaches and players were largely speechless, league sources said."

This sounds totally badass! He basically wupped the starters using a team of 3rd stringers and told everyone off, then walked out. Legendary!
Yeah, but he clearly wanted it and the reports seem to indicate most of the team was speechless. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #331 on: October 10, 2018, 09:22:06 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I never want to hear about Butler to Celtics. not even for free.

Hahaha it sure is fun to watch from a distance, though isn't it?

Honestly though, is this really something you couldn't see KG doing if he was fed up enough with his team? Just pure don't-give-a-bleep busting the hell out of everyone with his game and his mouth? I mean he was known to fight a teammate or two in his day.

Jimmy Butler aint KG though
 I think he thinks he is, and thats the problem.

« Reply #332 on: October 10, 2018, 09:29:32 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I never want to hear about Butler to Celtics. not even for free.

Hahaha it sure is fun to watch from a distance, though isn't it?

Honestly though, is this really something you couldn't see KG doing if he was fed up enough with his team? Just pure don't-give-a-bleep busting the hell out of everyone with his game and his mouth? I mean he was known to fight a teammate or two in his day.

Jimmy Butler aint KG though
 I think he thinks he is, and thats the problem.

he doesn't sound like he does, he said KAT is the best player and that Wiggins is the most talented. If he thought he was the KG he would think or say he was the most talented and best on the team. Every issue I have heard before he got to minny was about people not working as hard as him and him thinking and saying that's a problem.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #333 on: October 10, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Jimmy Butler is cut from the same mold as KG.

Wherever he lands I hope he finds success.

« Reply #334 on: October 10, 2018, 09:48:16 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
This story of the practice in Minny makes me like Jimmy Butler. I never really liked him before.

What a baller move.

« Reply #335 on: October 10, 2018, 09:58:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
That organization is dysfunctional. From the owner/GM/coach and then even their players.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2018, 03:46:46 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
So apparently Minny offered to trade Butler to Houston for Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker but Houston refused because they won't trade Tucker.

Are they ####ing insane?

They'd have a starting lineup of CP3, Harden, Butler, Capela, and Melo... they might actually beat the Warriors with that lineup. Am I missing something here?

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/10/10/jimmy-butler-update-minnesota-wanted-gordon-tucker-from-houston-and-were-shot-down/

« Reply #337 on: October 11, 2018, 04:51:15 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So apparently Minny offered to trade Butler to Houston for Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker but Houston refused because they won't trade Tucker.

Are they ####ing insane?

They'd have a starting lineup of CP3, Harden, Butler, Capela, and Melo... they might actually beat the Warriors with that lineup. Am I missing something here?

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/10/10/jimmy-butler-update-minnesota-wanted-gordon-tucker-from-houston-and-were-shot-down/
Wow. That’s crazy :o
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2018, 12:22:54 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Minny wants someone to take G. Deng off their hands. What about Butler/Deng for Whiteside/Waiters/2019 pick? 

Salaries match up, SG and C for SG and C.  Miami does not have their 2021 pick, but they can still trade this years pick.

« Reply #339 on: October 11, 2018, 12:33:19 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Lol. Wolves cancelled practice today.

Looks like KAT and Wiggins aren't the only ones that can't match Butler's intensity. Looks like the entire organization is not prepared to fight and win.

« Reply #340 on: October 11, 2018, 12:34:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Are they ####ing insane?

I don't see how Houston turns that down...

« Reply #341 on: October 11, 2018, 12:47:14 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Are they ####ing insane?

I can understand Houston not doing that unless there is a sweetener.  Gordon and Tucker were big time components of Houston's success last year.  Tucker has started hitting threes at a high percentage, especially in the playoffs I believe, and is every bit the defender that Butler is.  Gordon is a shooter, and pretty good defender too.  Talent wise Butler has it on them but that's one of those trades a new contender can't make imo. 

They have Paul and Harden, which has worked out great despite both needing the ball a lot.  Butler needs the ball too.  I wouldn't add that when you've got Tucker and Gordon not needing the ball but able to spot up from 3, unless something else in the deal is enticing...

Having Carmelo now only bolsters my point further...

Without the Paul injury I think Houston is last year's NBA champs...I must say, watching what Jimmy Butler's effect on Carmelo Anthony could be would be very interesting.  I hope Tucker and Houston's general greatness will motivate Carmelo just the same..
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:59:02 PM by wiley »

« Reply #342 on: October 11, 2018, 12:57:22 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

Are they ####ing insane?

I can understand Houston not doing that unless there is a sweetener.  Gordon and Tucker were big time components of Houston's success last year.  Tucker has started hitting threes at a high percentage, especially in the playoffs I believe, and is every bit the defender that Butler is.  Gordon is a shooter, and pretty good defender too.  Talent wise Butler has it on them but that's one of those trades a new contender can't make imo. 

They have Paul and Harden, which has worked out great despite both needing the ball a lot.  Butler needs the ball too.  I wouldn't add that when you've got Tucker and Gordon not needing the ball but able to spot up from 3, unless something else in the deal is enticing...

Maybe the Rockets are not interested in the baggage that Butlers carries with him.

« Reply #343 on: October 11, 2018, 01:01:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Are they ####ing insane?

Maybe the Rockets are not interested in the baggage that Butlers carries with him.

Maybe you're right and it's a bout fit. Butler is the best player in the trade.

« Reply #344 on: October 11, 2018, 01:11:59 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
geez what Houston thinking..Gordon and Tucker for Butler is a no-brainer..tucker just a role player, Gordon has injuries history..Butler could put Houston on top..only question be bench unit
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin