Author Topic: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft  (Read 106712 times)

Re: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 11:43:14 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Rooting for Memphis to defeat Sacramento tonight! More important for SAC to lose I think.

Absolutely more important for SAC to lose (and I think I'm the most adamant on this thread about wanting that Memphis pick to roll over).

Mike

ETA: I'm getting Memphis the #1 pick on Tankathon way too many times for comfort.
That's better than the Sac pick ending up #1. 

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2019, 12:36:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Rooting for Memphis to defeat Sacramento tonight! More important for SAC to lose I think.

Absolutely more important for SAC to lose (and I think I'm the most adamant on this thread about wanting that Memphis pick to roll over).

Mike

ETA: I'm getting Memphis the #1 pick on Tankathon way too many times for comfort.
yeah, that would be a royal kick in the nuts

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2019, 12:58:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Mike

My big fear:

SAC finishes high, say at #12 or #13.
At the lottery reveal, they "skip" Sacramento, meaning that the Kings moved up.
SAC ends up with the #2 pick, but it doesn't matter to me, since I died from cardiac arrest around #6 or so.

Mike

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Mike

My big fear:

SAC ends up with the #2 pick, but it doesn't matter to me, since I died from cardiac arrest around #6 or so.

Mike
have no fear Mef.  I'll celebrate the #2 pick on your behalf and offer a toast in your honor here ;)

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2019, 01:27:36 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

My big fear:

Mike
have no fear Mef.  I'll celebrate the #2 pick on your behalf and offer a toast in your honor here ;)

Looking forward to it!

Oh, wait...

Mike

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2019, 01:19:03 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Forgot for a while that there are threads that don't involve Anthony Davis. :)

Today's Tommy Award goes to the Memphis Grizzlies, who managed to give up a 25-point lead and lose again.

#teamdefer

Mike

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2019, 01:56:16 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Forgot for a while that there are threads that don't involve Anthony Davis. :)

Today's Tommy Award goes to the Memphis Grizzlies, who managed to give up a 25-point lead and lose again.

#teamdefer

Mike
THAT was brutal last night. Same goes for LAC losing to the Hawks at home.

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2019, 09:18:16 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
update for this week

Standings as of 1/31/19

Memphis pick tied #6 --  (protected top 8 ) 
                   Games Behind    Current Wins   Games Left   Last 10
Memphis               ---                    20                   30              1-9
Orlando                 +0.5                  20                   31              3-7

--> Memphis 'gained' another half game on the Magic for that #7 slot.  Washington has finally put some distance between them and Memphis.  looks like Memphis will be jockeying with Orlando for the 6 and 7 spots going into the lottery.  good news for the carryover people.  bad news for those who want the pick this year.

Kings pick -- #13 -- (protected if top 1 - becomes Sixer pick if #1)
                       Games Behind    Current Wins     Games Left    Last 10
MIami                       1                       24                      33               5-5
Minnesota                  1                       25                     31               5-5
Sacramento             ---                     26                      31               6-4
LA Lakers                  ---                     26                      31               4-6

-> Kings seem to be locking into the 12-14 draft slot now in a battle with Minny and the Lakers.  Lakers may pull away when Lebron returns.   Taking the approach now of giving up on Sac dropping into the 7-9 pick range --> gambling that my hopes for their failure were supporting them and now that I'm resigned to their success, they'll now disappoint me in that  regard.

Clipper Pick #18   --  (protected  top 14) 
Brooklyn                  0.5                     28                      30                 8-2
LA Clippers              ---                    28                      31                 4-6
Utah                         +0.5                  29                      30                 8-2
San Antonio              +1.5                  30                      30                 6-4

-->  Clips  clinging to that last playoff spot which is the best we can hope for if the pick conveys.   Brooklyn's gotten hot and almost passed them in the standings.  Not seeing any other Eastern playoff teams catching them so our best possibility for this conveying is looking like #17.

Boston Pick #23
Portland                0.5                    32                     30                 7-3
Boston                  ---                    32                     31                 7-3
OKC                     +0.5                  32                     32                 7-3
Indiana                +0.5                   32                     32                 5-5
Philadelphia           +1                     33                     31                 6-4

-->C's slid back one to #23 this week.  They're right in a cluster where standings could swing quickly if a team has a good or bad (particularly bad) week.  Indiana's dropped back to the pack without Oladipo and Philly's just muddling through. 

Second Rounders:
Boston (protected 31-55)

Second rounders
Boston - #53

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2019, 02:21:46 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Loving what I'm seeing with Memphis. #6 is perfect. Back far enough that they won't get Zion, but far enough up that they can drop a couple of spots and the pick will still get deferred.

I'm hoping that Gasol and/or Conley is gone by the deadline, which would increase their "lead" over Orlando, Detroit and Washington. That one game difference with Orlando is close. With 30 games left, it will be tough, but not impossible, to catch Atlanta at #5 (4 game difference), but statistically, almost no chance of getting to #4 (8 game difference).

#teamdefer

Mike

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2019, 02:28:22 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
thought memphis pick was top 8 protected for the Grizzlies
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2019, 03:01:58 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

It is.

Mike

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2019, 03:02:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
it is - that's what I have posted on their pick.

not sure if the reverse order of the actual standings may be leading to confusion but if there's a "+" next to the games behind number then that team has a better record than the team I'm tracking.

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
TP for the loyalty to the thread Mef!

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2019, 03:12:12 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Utah has had exploratory discussions with Memphis on a potential swap headlined by Mike Conley and Ricky Rubio in advance of next week's trade deadline, according to league sources.

Stein

Conley's listed as questionable for tonight's game with left knee soreness.

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2019, 03:29:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Sounds like Memphis is still trying to contend

Rubio isn't going to move the needle