Author Topic: Bol Bol is not a Center  (Read 2662 times)

Re: Bol Bol is not a Center
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 07:05:56 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Take Tacko Fall?  Why waste a pick on a guy who can't move?

Don't know if you can call it "wasting" a pick if we end up using our #51 pick on him. Players picked at the end of the draft rarely pan out anyway. With that being said, I agree that his lateral quickness is poor.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:24:26 AM by TA9 »
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 08:18:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm not a big believer in him. But if the other guys I'd like are gone by 14 he's a fine gamble.

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 08:30:18 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Take Tacko Fall?  Why waste a pick on a guy who can't move?

Don't know if you can call it "wasting" a pick if we end up using our #51 pick on him. Players picked at the end of the draft rarely pan out anyway. With that being said, I agree that his lateral quickness is poor.
For a 7'6 dude I think it's fine, most of them are stiffs anyways. I do think that he's an interesting prospect, and I believe that he can find a way to improve his quickness, touch and FTs a bit to be a 10 MPG backup who can provide you a very different look on the court. Also a big fan of Bol Bol at #14 if there are no good prospects who are PFs or Gs available (for Gs I'd like guys who're 6'4 or above with good wingpans).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 09:44:19 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Bol bol lacks the speed to guard pfs.

And there are alot of current nba pfs that coupd bully him all over the court. Bol bol weighs less that most sgs who are 6 or 7 inches shorter than him.

If he had the footspeed I would make him a sf. He does have the range. Can get his shot off over anyone. And he could close out on ahooters better than anyone due to his length. But foot speed is slower than Baynes

It's not his foot speed. While his feet move slow, he covers a ton of ground with one shift. So I don't think that's a terrible problem. His problem will be if he doesn't commit to defense.

If you play him at C, it won't matter how much he commits. He'll be bullied all day. That's why I don't see him as a C.