Author Topic: Bucks (24-33) at Celtics (33-25) Game #59 2/25/16  (Read 29360 times)

Re: Bucks (24-33) at Celtics (33-25) Game #59 2/25/16
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2016, 12:51:11 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Isaiah playing like he is gives us perspective on how much of a master Danny Ainge is.

The Celtics have acquired center Tyler Zeller and a future first-round draft pick from the Cavaliers and guard Marcus Thornton from the Nets. The Nets have acquired Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev while the Cavaliers have acquired a future conditional second round pick from the Celtics and the draft rights to Ilkan Karaman and Edin Bavcic from Brooklyn.

We essentially got IT for Danny's ability to pick up a phone, and the rights to Ilkan Karaman and Edin Bavcic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edin_Bav%C4%8Di%C4%87

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%B0lkan_Karaman

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2016, 12:54:17 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Isaiah playing like he is gives us perspective on how much of a master Danny Ainge is.

The Celtics have acquired center Tyler Zeller and a future first-round draft pick from the Cavaliers and guard Marcus Thornton from the Nets. The Nets have acquired Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev while the Cavaliers have acquired a future conditional second round pick from the Celtics and the draft rights to Ilkan Karaman and Edin Bavcic from Brooklyn.

We essentially got IT for Danny's ability to pick up a phone, and the rights to Ilkan Karaman and Edin Bavcic.

So essentially we traded a second round pick and got out of it an all star and a semi-decent backup center? Goodness, Danny is a master trader
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2016, 01:27:16 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Ugly win. Need to get it together C's. Their identity has changed since the ASG.
Chris Mannix gave a stat earlier that they have given up more points since early January than any other team except the Sixers.  Ugh.

To be honest, that's utterly meaningless. I'm sure the per 100 possessions numbers aren't that bad, although I'd expect they aren't great.
Not meaningless at all.  The point is the identity has changed in the 2nd half. They are scoring a lot more AND giving up more.

My point is that they're one of the fastest paced teams in the NBA. Allowing a ton of points per game doesn't really mean much if you're not allowing a lot of points per possession. On the year the Warriors allow the 5th fewest points per possession, but allow the 10th most points per game because they play at the second fastest pace. Mannix is great, and this is not a criticism of him, but he used the less accurate stat because it paints a much darker picture.

Alright, got the numbers. In February we have a Defensive Rating of 105.8, which would be 8th worst on the year. In January we were at 101.2, which would be 9th best on the season. Meanwhile, our offensive rating of 108 in February would be 4th best on the year. The defense has gone from elite to below average and the offense has gone from average to elite. It's not a perfect situation, but it's also not all doom and gloom.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612738/stats/advanced/

I'd much rather go back to the elite defense. Might be unpopular, but I firmly believe our offensive streak won't last for much longer. If we can't find ways to score, we will definitely need to find ways to defend. Fortunately for us, however, we seem to play up to our competition. Unfortunately, we also seem to play down to our competition. I hope this means that we put up a legit fight in the playoffs.

You'd think, and I tend to value defense more too. But, this shift actually occurred when we went on that 9/10 game win streak, I believe.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2016, 06:50:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Our bigs defensive are oft a liability.   Monroe carved up our interior defense, even with us scheming for him, like turkey.   

« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2016, 09:35:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

So essentially we traded a second round pick and got out of it an all star and a semi-decent backup center? Goodness, Danny is a master trader

Rondo is still a great player , and I love watching him.......BUT.......given what Crowder can  for pretty much any team .  I shudder to think if the Cavs had him .

I really think we got the best player in that deal hands down and paid up a draft pick to do the deal.....kinda blows my mind.

« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2016, 09:50:20 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
That's a good young bucks team and we had to hustle all night.  As I said before were test most by young athletic teams.  Our depth definitely gives us an edge but we still need some interior and wing help.

As I watched us get chewed up down low I was thinking Dragan Bender might fit the bill

« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2016, 09:57:18 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
That's a good young bucks team and we had to hustle all night.  As I said before were test most by young athletic teams.  Our depth definitely gives us an edge but we still need some interior and wing help.

As I watched us get chewed up down low I was thinking Dragan Bender might fit the bill
I agree Team may have to gamble on a Bender. Given the weak FA group of bigs available this coming offseason. They need to do their homework on him. Maybe put a scout on that team all year.

« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

I agree Team may have to gamble on a Bender. Given the weak FA group of bigs available this coming offseason. They need to do their homework on him. Maybe put a scout on that team all year.

A little hard to swallow taking him as a top 5 pick being a long term project.  6-10 wouldn't mind and hopefully Celtic environment can bring a bit more aggression out of him.