Author Topic: Kyrie recovery update: did one-on-one drills Thursday. Ready by camp  (Read 878 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24204188/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-relieved-long-rigorous-recovery-knee-infection-him

Seems like it was very close to being a more serious infection situation.

Irving went through one-on-one drills with his trainer Thursday and said he expects to be fully ready for Boston Celtics training camp.

In April, he underwent season-ending surgery to remove two screws from his left patella, after the Celtics revealed a bacterial infection was discovered at the site of the screws.

Irving said Thursday that the infection discovered on the metal wiring and screws in his knee could have evolved into a staph infection, but that it was caught and treated early enough to avoid that outcome. To treat the infection, Irving said he had a catheter inserted into a vein going into his heart.

"I mean, you ask anybody with an infection, they will probably try to downplay it," Irving said when asked how scary the infection was. "It's a personal thing because your body is going through it. I was fighting an infection in a specific place in your body where you can't necessarily reach with your hands. You got to go in there and kind of see what's going on, and what happened for me was, the metal wiring and the screws that I had in there, the infection was on that, so I had to remove that and then be on antibiotics for about two months.

Re: Kyrie recovery update: did one-on-one drills Thursday. Ready by camp
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 07:37:42 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Thanks for the update.