Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232752 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #2325 on: May 24, 2019, 10:39:32 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
As a Cs fan, I don't like Toronto OR Milwaukee, but I find myself pulling for Toronto in this series, and I think it's because a) Giannis insulted the Celtics and b) I love seeing the NBA's pets (in this case Giannis) lose.

Toronto played really well down the stretch tonight; hopefully they can finish off Milwaukee in Game 6.

Plus, I can't really hate on guys like Siakam, Kawhi and Gasol. Lowry the only annoying guy there with his constant flopping but at least he plays actual D.

Good point—there's no one on Toronto I dislike, either.

i hate Ibaka

« Reply #2326 on: May 24, 2019, 10:47:38 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
As a Cs fan, I don't like Toronto OR Milwaukee, but I find myself pulling for Toronto in this series, and I think it's because a) Giannis insulted the Celtics and b) I love seeing the NBA's pets (in this case Giannis) lose.

Toronto played really well down the stretch tonight; hopefully they can finish off Milwaukee in Game 6.

Plus, I can't really hate on guys like Siakam, Kawhi and Gasol. Lowry the only annoying guy there with his constant flopping but at least he plays actual D.

Aside from being defaulted division rivals, I can't really hate on the Raptors. Was a big fan of watching Chris Bosh, behind Paul Pierce. Of course, I hated the 2011-2014 Miami Heat but they were more controlled by LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. I still believe that Chris Bosh made arguably one of the greatest offensive rebound in NBA history in Game 6 of 2013 for that Ray Allen shot to happen. Toronto doesn't have a bad reputation unlike New York or Philadelphia.

Leonard, Siakam, Gasol, VanFleet...guys are pretty straight-forward. Hope they crush Milwaukee in Game 6. Can't stand Middleton, Giannis, and their miserable fans. And being a Patriots fan, obviously can't stand the Aaron Rodgers "GOAT" hype from those cheeseheads.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2327 on: May 24, 2019, 11:24:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

The Raptors exposed the Bucks half court offense is their demise and the Celtics couldn't make it a half court game past game 1 this is really disappointing Celtics really pooped the bed this is unbelievable how did we lose to the ****ing Bucks **** Brad Stevens.

Terrible game plan.... he was running with the Bucks instead of slowing down the game.

« Reply #2328 on: May 25, 2019, 03:28:46 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

The Raptors exposed the Bucks half court offense is their demise and the Celtics couldn't make it a half court game past game 1 this is really disappointing Celtics really pooped the bed this is unbelievable how did we lose to the ****ing Bucks **** Brad Stevens.

Terrible game plan.... he was running with the Bucks instead of slowing down the game.

We didn't milk the Kyrie/Horford 2 man game enough..the PnP and PnRoll...Kyrie shooting went downhill after G1, Hayward giving us nothing all series then Middleton played out of his mind the whole series,look at him now, he is pretty much in check.

« Reply #2329 on: May 25, 2019, 04:16:05 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

We didn't milk the Kyrie/Horford 2 man game enough..the PnP and PnRoll...Kyrie shooting went downhill after G1, Hayward giving us nothing all series then Middleton played out of his mind the whole series,look at him now, he is pretty much in check.

The problem was Brad is letting Kyrie run the point. He is best when played as an off guard. Look how the Warriors run their offense through Draymond instead. If Al could be the focal point of offense (Not necessarily scoring, but running plays), we could be in the ECF right now .

« Reply #2330 on: May 25, 2019, 02:07:24 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Paul Pierce is pretty something.

Bucks are 0-3 since Paul Pierce tweeted "Bucks got this" after Game 2. Reverse psychology  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2331 on: May 25, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

tbf its not like they neglected middketon, in fact he was defended well.

« Reply #2332 on: May 25, 2019, 02:43:45 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Aside from being defaulted division rivals, I can't really hate on the Raptors. Was a big fan of watching Chris Bosh, behind Paul Pierce. Of course, I hated the 2011-2014 Miami Heat but they were more controlled by LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. I still believe that Chris Bosh made arguably one of the greatest offensive rebound in NBA history in Game 6 of 2013 for that Ray Allen shot to happen. Toronto doesn't have a bad reputation unlike New York or Philadelphia.

Leonard, Siakam, Gasol, VanFleet...guys are pretty straight-forward. Hope they crush Milwaukee in Game 6. Can't stand Middleton, Giannis, and their miserable fans. And being a Patriots fan, obviously can't stand the Aaron Rodgers "GOAT" hype from those cheeseheads.

I really can't see any legitimate GOAT argument being made for a guy who's won only one Super Bowl and been to the Pro Bowl literally only half as often as Brady (7x vs. 14x).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2333 on: May 25, 2019, 03:39:56 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I really want to see a MIL/TOR Game 7 but I don't have much faith in Milwaukee extending the series tonight.

« Reply #2334 on: May 25, 2019, 04:07:15 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Hoping Toronto wins to go from 0-2 to 4-2 in the conference finals

Would be most impressive in conference finals since OKC did it to SAS in 2012 imo

« Reply #2335 on: May 25, 2019, 04:20:16 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Bucks are 0-3 since Paul Pierce tweeted "Bucks got this" after Game 2. Reverse psychology  ;D

The Paul Pierce Curse is real.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2336 on: May 25, 2019, 07:16:23 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

He   keeps this up and he might lose his TV gig.

« Reply #2337 on: May 25, 2019, 08:25:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
GO RAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2338 on: May 25, 2019, 08:46:28 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Lowry really hustling with that Smart impression/

« Reply #2339 on: May 25, 2019, 08:58:31 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
This series has had it all. Bucks have come out hot.