Author Topic: Grant and Robert Williams frontcourt potential  (Read 2722 times)

Re: Grant and Robert Williams frontcourt potential
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 10:54:02 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I really like the idea of pairing them together during the regular season.  As I mentioned in another thread, a lineup of Smart, Jaylen, Hayward, Williams, and Williams could be really effective in short stints.

Regarding Grant Williams as a long term starter, I believe his lack of athleticism will hold him back.  I've seen some comparisons to PJ Tucker.  The problem is that Tucker is in a very unique situation.  I could see Williams as a high end bench player who plays 25-30 minutes.  Who knows though, maybe the Celtics will construct a a championship roster where he can start at the 4 spot. 

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 10:55:33 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I've said this before and I'll say it again:  I really like Robert Williams' ideas as a passer.  He has the willingness and vision to make some great plays like that.  And he showed glimpses of this in the NBA last year, so it's not like it's just a summer league fluke.  He really needs to work on his accuracy, though.  All the vision in the world doesn't help if you throw the ball out of your man's reach and into the first row. 

Grant Williams can play.  I don't think there's anything else to learn about him in summer league.  Time to see how his game translates in the NBA. 

I'm not interested in anointing them future starters or whatever, but G has had an excellent summer league and R has been uneven but solid overall. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:24:32 AM by Atzar »

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 11:00:01 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
They’re almost playing as well as Kedrick brown and joe forte did in summer league

Lol

Seriously?

They lacked bbiq. Grant Williams alone has a higher bbiq than both

There’s plenty of high BBIQ players that flop in the NBA.

It’s fun to see them play well but summer league means absolutely nothing.

Kedrick and Joe looked like stars

Al Jefferson was very underwhelming.

It’s a glorified pick up game against inferior competition

And yes footey I really do hope I eat these words.

Someone made a comment about SL that I liked. Success doesn’t always translate, but failing in SL is a really bad sign.

Our new guys passed the first test/did not disqualify themselves (hello, Yabu), and now we have to see how they do in the league.

I do worry about Grant’s lack of size, though his ability to stay in front of some wings who were NBA rookies last year was encouraging. RWIII - this probably won’t be a popular opinion, but I think he can really use some burn in Maine. Play 30 a night and dominate. Build his confidence as a quarterback on offense and defense before bringing him up.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 11:12:32 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
They’re almost playing as well as Kedrick brown and joe forte did in summer league

Lol

Seriously?

They lacked bbiq. Grant Williams alone has a higher bbiq than both

There’s plenty of high BBIQ players that flop in the NBA.

It’s fun to see them play well but summer league means absolutely nothing.

Kedrick and Joe looked like stars

Al Jefferson was very underwhelming.

It’s a glorified pick up game against inferior competition

And yes footey I really do hope I eat these words.

Someone made a comment about SL that I liked. Success doesn’t always translate, but failing in SL is a really bad sign.

Our new guys passed the first test/did not disqualify themselves (hello, Yabu), and now we have to see how they do in the league.

I do worry about Grant’s lack of size, though his ability to stay in front of some wings who were NBA rookies last year was encouraging. RWIII - this probably won’t be a popular opinion, but I think he can really use some burn in Maine. Play 30 a night and dominate. Build his confidence as a quarterback on offense and defense before bringing him up.

I think Maine is a waste, he is ready for good minutes in the NBA.