Author Topic: Grant and Robert Williams frontcourt potential  (Read 2749 times)

Grant and Robert Williams frontcourt potential
« on: July 12, 2019, 12:44:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
These guys are already starting to build excellent chemistry.  Nice balance between strength and above the rim.  Robert Williams is a much better passer than I thought. Lob action all night between the two

Are we witnessing the starting frontcourt in 2-3 years time?

Grant Williams highlight vs Memphis
https://youtu.be/WEy79-5lJLA

Rober Williams highlight vs Memphis
https://youtu.be/O9R8OXOX5eE

Re: Grant and Robert Williams frontcourt potential
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 10:08:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/07/11/grant-williams-scores-celtics-rout-grizzlies/qcfKYUQZNi035WoH2MKqUJ/story.html

Robert Williams was a rebounding machine Thursday night, prompting Summer Celtics head coach Scott Morrison to say it was “the best I’ve ever seen him rebound.”

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 10:19:12 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
They’re almost playing as well as Kedrick brown and joe forte did in summer league
Greg

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 10:19:18 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think they will both begin the season playing off the bench together so they will have further opportunities to play/develop together.

If Grant can really shoot it from 3 like I'm hoping they could be a perfect compliment to each other. They both can pass, and any unit they are in will have good interior passing.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 10:24:49 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
They’re almost playing as well as Kedrick brown and joe forte did in summer league

Lol

Seriously?

They lacked bbiq. Grant Williams alone has a higher bbiq than both

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think they will both begin the season playing off the bench together so they will have further opportunities to play/develop together.

If Grant can really shoot it from 3 like I'm hoping they could be a perfect compliment to each other. They both can pass, and any unit they are in will have good interior passing.

Gwill 3 pt shooting is looking good. He went 3 for 4 yesterday. FT shooting could use a touch up

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 10:27:07 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I am surprised that anyone who has watched Celtic games starting with last summer are at all surprised at Robert Williams' passing ability and court vision. I saw this early on, multiple times, and know I'm not alone. Why this is a shock to anyone is hard to understand.

Robert Williams' great court vision and passing skills, combined with his rebounding and shot blocking prowess, will render his development of a 3 point shot unnecessary. 

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 10:27:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Gwill 3 pt shooting is looking good. He went 3 for 4 yesterday. FT shooting could use a touch up

I think he is close to 80% FT shooter in college, so I'm not at all worried.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 10:29:36 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

I hope, and believe, that those words will come back to haunt you!

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 10:33:15 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Obviously good to see them play well but its still just summer league. When they're doing it night in night out against legit NBA talent ill be happy.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 10:33:51 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/07/11/grant-williams-scores-celtics-rout-grizzlies/qcfKYUQZNi035WoH2MKqUJ/story.html

Robert Williams was a rebounding machine Thursday night, prompting Summer Celtics head coach Scott Morrison to say it was “the best I’ve ever seen him rebound.”

He was really getting after them.

I hope he gets some burn after Kanter. Kid is a special athlete for his size. Might be a bit of a knucklehead but he’s young so that can be overcome if he wants to be a legit player in this league.

The Rudy Gobert comparisons out of college do not seem that ridiculous. Even after their rookie seasons, very similar. Rudy is taller/longer, but Robert is more athletic.

I wish KG would come in and convince the kid to strive for greatness. I hope he’s not like Yabu who seemed content with his role. He can absolutely be a starter in this league when you look at the success of limited-skill guys like D’Andre Jordan.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 10:36:29 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Lol

Seriously?

There’s plenty of high BBIQ players that flop in the NBA.

It’s fun to see them play well but summer league means absolutely nothing.

Kedrick and Joe looked like stars

Al Jefferson was very underwhelming.

It’s a glorified pick up game against inferior competition

And yes footey I really do hope I eat these words. 
Greg

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 10:46:25 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

Lol

Seriously?

There’s plenty of high BBIQ players that flop in the NBA.

It’s fun to see them play well but summer league means absolutely nothing.

Kedrick and Joe looked like stars

Al Jefferson was very underwhelming.

It’s a glorified pick up game against inferior competition

And yes footey I really do hope I eat these words.

I disagree. Summer League is the best competition and skill level most of these guys have ever played against.

Doesn't predict future results but does give a good look at who has legit potential at the next level.
ok fine

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 10:49:45 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149

He made 23-23 in a game last year

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 10:51:14 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I am surprised that anyone who has watched Celtic games starting with last summer are at all surprised at Robert Williams' passing ability and court vision. I saw this early on, multiple times, and know I'm not alone. Why this is a shock to anyone is hard to understand.

Robert Williams' great court vision and passing skills, combined with his rebounding and shot blocking prowess, will render his development of a 3 point shot unnecessary.

I agree, what surprised me was his rebounding ability in yesterday’s game.  He owned those boards!!
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby