Author Topic: C's haven't reached out to brown about extension yet  (Read 10570 times)

Re: C's haven't reached out to brown about extension yet
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2019, 09:20:00 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

I like Jaylen but I'd rather move him than give him anything close to that kind of money.

When did 3-4 tier players start becoming max guys?

Exactly.  Brown has to show me a lot more before I'd have any idea what to offer.  Right now?  I'd offer half that.

Half of what Murray got is probably a close guess for Brown.

He's 22. Improves every year. He's the best 2-way player on the team.

They'll probably offer something that starts out around 15M or 16M with 5% raises annually for 3 or 4
years. I usually guess low on these things so it could be more. He may just decline and become a restricted free agent.
Hayward and Tatum is still alive

Brown has been a better 2 way player than tatum so far to date and has performed better in the playoffs.

Hayward has never been a real 2 way player and has not accomplished anything since pre injury 2 seasons ago.

Hayward has never had to face the most diffucult defensive assignment either yet has never had a good above average defensive rating in his career
Just take off your Brown fan glass and go ask people who is the better player and who deserve the max more
Go take off your Brown hater glasses and take a look at the existing answers from people in this thread.
By people in this thread you mean Brown fanboys like you?
How about 29 other team fans?

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2019, 09:20:40 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

I like Jaylen but I'd rather move him than give him anything close to that kind of money.

Exactly.  Brown has to show me a lot more before I'd have any idea what to offer.  Right now?  I'd offer half that.

They'll probably offer something that starts out around 15M or 16M with 5% raises annually for 3 or 4
years. I usually guess low on these things so it could be more. He may just decline and become a restricted free agent.
One who looked like hot garbage when we needed wing production the most in the playoffs, and another who is garbage on one end that constitutes "2 way".
And one already got the max , another will get the max from day1 if available
And the best 2 way player will also get a max if available.
Not by our team and not by Danny Ainge, they don't even talk to him about it lol

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2019, 09:27:21 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

One who looked like hot garbage when we needed wing production the most in the playoffs, and another who is garbage on one end that constitutes "2 way".
Not by our team and not by Danny Ainge, they don't even talk to him about it lol
RFA exists lol
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2019, 09:28:30 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

Brown has been a better 2 way player than tatum so far to date and has performed better in the playoffs.

Hayward has never been a real 2 way player and has not accomplished anything since pre injury 2 seasons ago.

Hayward has never had to face the most diffucult defensive assignment either yet has never had a good above average defensive rating in his career
Just take off your Brown fan glass and go ask people who is the better player and who deserve the max more
Go take off your Brown hater glasses and take a look at the existing answers from people in this thread.
By "29 other team fans" you mean Brown haters like you? Plenty of fans of other teams would max Brown.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2019, 09:34:58 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

RFA exists lol
Sorry to tell you the fact that if Danny wants to give Brown the max he will already did it

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2019, 09:36:01 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

By "29 other team fans" you mean Brown haters like you? Plenty of fans of other teams would max Brown.
Nice to hear that, then Ainge should be able to trade him for good price

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2019, 09:47:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Enough with the fanboy/hater name calling and the obvious trolling. Get back on subject.

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2019, 10:07:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
whew ...dodged the Westbrooke pill ...lol  ;D

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2019, 10:16:00 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
whew ...dodged the Westbrooke pill ...lol  ;D

yes yes yes, thank goodness! :)

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2019, 11:14:27 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123
Jaylen Brown is 22 years old and has played three NBA seasons, and so far I personally do not feel he has shown enough so far to justify a max extension. 

For Brown to justify a max extension (or close to it) I'd need to see "future All-star" when I look at him - truth be told, I just don't see that yet.  I see Trevor Ariza - that's a nice player, but not a max contract player.

That said, many NBA players do not really break out until their 4th NBA season, so if I am Danny I want to hold out, see how things play out to start the season. 

- If Brown comes out and really takes a huge step forward, then I'd be offering him the extension before the All-Star break. 
- If he gets mid way though the year and looks largely like the player he was the last two years, then no

So for me, if I am Ainge, I'm holding out until at least a month or two into the season, to see exactly what Brown has to offer when given the opportunity to be a centerpiece of the team (as he will have that opportunity be this season).

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2019, 12:09:21 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Jaylen Brown is 22 years old and has played three NBA seasons, and so far I personally do not feel he has shown enough so far to justify a max extension. 

For Brown to justify a max extension (or close to it) I'd need to see "future All-star" when I look at him - truth be told, I just don't see that yet.  I see Trevor Ariza - that's a nice player, but not a max contract player.

That said, many NBA players do not really break out until their 4th NBA season, so if I am Danny I want to hold out, see how things play out to start the season. 

- If Brown comes out and really takes a huge step forward, then I'd be offering him the extension before the All-Star break. 
- If he gets mid way though the year and looks largely like the player he was the last two years, then no

So for me, if I am Ainge, I'm holding out until at least a month or two into the season, to see exactly what Brown has to offer when given the opportunity to be a centerpiece of the team (as he will have that opportunity be this season).

TP. Well said. I agree that that's the best approach.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2019, 12:17:38 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Just so you know, an extension has to be signed by the day before opening night, so there’s no waiting to see how Brown looks during the season.  Preseason is the last assessment they can make.

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2019, 12:20:06 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Has Brown even been in town enough to talk business. Remember he is his own agent.

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2019, 12:56:27 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Just so you know, an extension has to be signed by the day before opening night, so there’s no waiting to see how Brown looks during the season.  Preseason is the last assessment they can make.

In case anybody is wondering, this is a slight change from the previous CBA (which was effective prior to 6/30/17).  Previously the deadline was 10/31, which was right around when the new season started but did sometimes give GMs a few games into the season to get an extension signed (but never a month or two).

Victor Oladipo, Steven Adams, and Gorgui Deng all signed extensions on 10/31/16.  Oladipo and Adams had already played 3 games for the Thunder that season, while Deng had played 2 for the Timberwovles.

Kind of a neat wrinkle I think would have been cool to keep in the CBA (10/31 vs 1st game of the season), especially with the start of the season being moved up a little now.  Give teams (and players) a sneak peak with a 3-5 game window to judge what the offer should be.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2019, 01:48:12 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Has Brown even been in town enough to talk business. Remember he is his own agent.
There is this new fangled technology, it's cutting edge. It's called a telephone. Can you believe it? Jaylen and the Celtics front office can actually use this new gizmo to talk to each other.....EVEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT NEAR EACH OTHER! I wonder if Jaylen and the Celtics offices have this new type of tech so that they can use it to have negotiations?

😉😋😂😂😂