Author Topic: C's haven't reached out to brown about extension yet  (Read 10548 times)

Re: C's haven't reached out to brown about extension yet
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2019, 08:37:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Well rookies are not all signed. Trades can be made and we have an open roster spot.

Brown is not important right now.

That's a problem if that's the C's take. Trade him right away before you alienate the guy.
Brown has been alienating himself by his questionable workethic and attitude (didn't work hard in offseason, not humble, confront with teammates)

Wait, Brown has a questionable work ethic?

I’m fairly certain Brown killed playdream’s puppy or something.

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2019, 08:37:55 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Brown absolutely will get the max. I think the C’s would be burning bridges should they offer him less. It doesn’t matter if his skill set right now merits a max. He has enough potential and interest around the league to warrant it.
Brown would be burning bridges should he refuse our offer which will far more less than the max
And Danny will trade his ass out off town real fast

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 08:40:22 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
Well rookies are not all signed. Trades can be made and we have an open roster spot.

That's a problem if that's the C's take. Trade him right away before you alienate the guy.
Brown has been alienating himself by his questionable workethic and attitude (didn't work hard in offseason, not humble, confront with teammates)

I am against Brown just like i was against Rondo past big 3 era, i claimed Danny need to trade him before the deadline and was laughed on, guess what happened

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2019, 08:45:13 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

You sure it's only his puppy? :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2019, 08:46:29 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

I like Jaylen but I'd rather move him than give him anything close to that kind of money.

When did 3-4 tier players start becoming max guys?

Exactly.  Brown has to show me a lot more before I'd have any idea what to offer.  Right now?  I'd offer half that.

Half of what Murray got is probably a close guess for Brown.

He's 22. Improves every year. He's the best 2-way player on the team.

They'll probably offer something that starts out around 15M or 16M with 5% raises annually for 3 or 4
years. I usually guess low on these things so it could be more. He may just decline and become a restricted free agent.
Hayward and Tatum is still alive
One who looked like hot garbage when we needed wing production the most in the playoffs, and another who is garbage on one end that constitutes "2 way".
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2019, 08:57:15 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
It seems likely to me that Brown will get to RFA. For one thing the C's just dont do rookie extensions and for another there's probably gonna be a gap between team and player given what happened last year. The celtics might justifiably comen in low given his early season struggles, Brown will probably bet on himself. 

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2019, 08:58:00 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
It seems likely to me that Brown will get to RFA. For one thing the C's just dont do rookie extensions and for another there's probably gonna be a gap between team and player given what happened last year. The celtics might justifiably comen in low given his early season struggles, Brown will probably bet on himself.
That's perfectly fine, we can always match any offer out there. Would be concerned if the Celtics wanted to move him though.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2019, 08:58:01 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

I like Jaylen but I'd rather move him than give him anything close to that kind of money.

Exactly.  Brown has to show me a lot more before I'd have any idea what to offer.  Right now?  I'd offer half that.

They'll probably offer something that starts out around 15M or 16M with 5% raises annually for 3 or 4
years. I usually guess low on these things so it could be more. He may just decline and become a restricted free agent.

Brown has been a better 2 way player than tatum so far to date and has performed better in the playoffs.

Hayward has never been a real 2 way player and has not accomplished anything since pre injury 2 seasons ago.

Hayward has never had to face the most diffucult defensive assignment either yet has never had a good above average defensive rating in his career

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2019, 08:58:11 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

One who looked like hot garbage when we needed wing production the most in the playoffs, and another who is garbage on one end that constitutes "2 way".
And one already got the max , another will get the max from day1 if available

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

They'll probably offer something that starts out around 15M or 16M with 5% raises annually for 3 or 4 years. I usually guess low on these things so it could be more. He may just decline and become a restricted free agent.

In a world where Terry Rozier just got $19 million a year, yes you definitely guess low.

I'm not sure what people have to seen from Murray and Briwn that make them think Brown is worth only half of Murray. If anything I'd say they've been close to comparable. Now you could argue Murray shouldn't have gotten the full max, maybe hes a 155-160 player, and that Brown is like 90% of Murray. That puts you 140-145 in my estimation. In my opinion it's better just to see how he plays this year. It's too hard to evaluate him given last years garbage.

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2019, 09:06:50 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
4 years / $80 million is as far as I can go with Jaylen Brown. Give him a Player Option so he can get more after three years.

Anything more than $100 million is too much.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2019, 09:09:49 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

Brown has been a better 2 way player than tatum so far to date and has performed better in the playoffs.

Hayward has never been a real 2 way player and has not accomplished anything since pre injury 2 seasons ago.

Hayward has never had to face the most diffucult defensive assignment either yet has never had a good above average defensive rating in his career
Just take off your Brown fan glass and go ask people who is the better player and who deserve the max more

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

And one already got the max , another will get the max from day1 if available
And the best 2 way player will also get a max if available.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2019, 09:18:32 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
J Murray 5/$170m?? Ouch.

Just take off your Brown fan glass and go ask people who is the better player and who deserve the max more
Go take off your Brown hater glasses and take a look at the existing answers from people in this thread.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2019, 09:19:03 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
4 years / $80 million is as far as I can go with Jaylen Brown. Give him a Player Option so he can get more after three years.

Anything more than $100 million is too much.
Yeah that's about right, start from 15, end at 20(for his potential)

Brown's problem is he isn't humble, not working hard and doesn't want to accept his role, he is not a max guy but he thinks himself is and act like one

http://www.celticslife.com/2019/06/danny-ainges-plea-for-humility-hard.html     
Danny pointing that out