Author Topic: Celtics (18-10) at Pistons (13-13) Game #29 12/15/18  (Read 17699 times)

Re: Celtics (18-10) at Pistons (13-13) Game #29 12/15/18
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2018, 08:49:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
That was a fairly effective stretch of ball there for Brown. Only two points but 2 steals, big block, 2 assists nice defense.

I guess for some people that = trash

I mean, the dude was getting constantly scored on, blew a wide open fastbreak due to poor ballhandling, and had two TOs that made up for his two steals.

Not sure why some people on here are so overprotective of Brown and get butthurt when he gets rightly criticized. Just because he's played less bad than he has the past two games doesn't mean he's still not playing like trash.

Brown wasn't constantly getting scored on.  No one is getting butt hurt, but your post just wasn't accurate.

That was a fairly effective stretch of ball there for Brown. Only two points but 2 steals, big block, 2 assists nice defense.

I mean, the dude was getting constantly scored on, blew a wide open fastbreak due to poor ballhandling, and had two TOs that made up for his two steals.

Not sure why some people on here are so overprotective of Brown and get butthurt when he gets rightly criticized. Just because he's played less bad than he has the past two games doesn't mean he's still not playing like trash.
He was not consistently scored on, I dont think he was scored on more than once or twice on a man he was guarding. One of those turnovers was a bad traveling call. And not for nothing but judging by the fact he was out there at the end of the half I'd say Brad would agree he played well.

I mean, it *literally* is true. Went back and rewatched (with the help of fast forward) all of the first half possessions with Brown in them. Below are all the possessions Brown was scored on either as the man's primary defender in the halfcourt set or through bad fastbreak defense, leading to 13 points of Detroit's 57 in the first half, or 1/5 of Detroit's points. Some were worse than others, but most of them were due to Brown biting on fakes, not staying engaged with off-the-ball defense, or poor fastbreak defense not recognizing the need to pick up the lead man.

2:38 of 1st quarter (bad fastbreak defense)

1:24 of 1st quarter

34.0 of 1st quarter (bad fastbreak defense)

10:24 of 2nd quarter

8:11 of 2nd quarter

6:04 of 2nd quarter

So, yeah, he wasn't very good out there defensively for us, and most of it goes back to his poor BBIQ and propensity to bite on every ball/shot fake.

And while his one traveling call was definitely a bad call, both of his steals were him happening to be in the right place at the right time with someone else actually forcing the turnover.

That is just crap when you start out by saying Brown was scored on, then you go back to plays where he wasn't the primary defender.  That means nothing.  There were other guys on the team that could have helped on those other plays as well.

What in the hell are you talking about? As I clearly stated above, the only two that Brown wasn't the "primary defender" on were the two fastbreak ones, which I don't really count as having "primary defenders" in that same way. Those two were still bad defensive possessions by Brown, as he failed to recognize who to appropriately pick up in transition, which led to a score.

So it appears we have transitioned from Brad apologism on this board to Brown apologism  ::)

Look, I give Brown all the props in the world when he plays well and smart, but the fact of the matter is that he just has not played that way very much at all this year. The fact that many on this board simply refuse to put any blame on Brown for both (a) hardly, if at all, improving his several weak areas over the summer, and (b) failing to adjust to a new role is just astonishing.

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
WHY ARE you guys arguing in a game thread?

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2018, 08:50:15 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
You never know but it looks like the Celts just don't have the fire tonight.

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2018, 08:50:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Yeah, we're not going to win this game with both us shooting lackluster from beyond the arc and getting a lopsided whistle with a different officiating standard.

« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Drummond is eating them up and Brad wont play RIMROB.

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
We suck tonight

« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2018, 08:53:25 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
This one is on Brad.

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2018, 08:53:46 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Dude what is wrong with Rozier

« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2018, 08:53:50 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Drummond is eating them up and Brad wont play RIMROB.

Agree 100%, give him a shot, at this point it can't hurt.

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2018, 08:54:08 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
We suck tonight
Yeap guys seem sleepy, didn’t show up to the game other than Kyrie.

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2018, 08:54:09 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Brown wasn't constantly getting scored on.  No one is getting butt hurt, but your post just wasn't accurate.

He was not consistently scored on, I dont think he was scored on more than once or twice on a man he was guarding. One of those turnovers was a bad traveling call. And not for nothing but judging by the fact he was out there at the end of the half I'd say Brad would agree he played well.

I mean, it *literally* is true. Went back and rewatched (with the help of fast forward) all of the first half possessions with Brown in them. Below are all the possessions Brown was scored on either as the man's primary defender in the halfcourt set or through bad fastbreak defense, leading to 13 points of Detroit's 57 in the first half, or 1/5 of Detroit's points. Some were worse than others, but most of them were due to Brown biting on fakes, not staying engaged with off-the-ball defense, or poor fastbreak defense not recognizing the need to pick up the lead man.

So, yeah, he wasn't very good out there defensively for us, and most of it goes back to his poor BBIQ and propensity to bite on every ball/shot fake.

And while his one traveling call was definitely a bad call, both of his steals were him happening to be in the right place at the right time with someone else actually forcing the turnover.
You are going through some major mental gymnastics to prove a point because you got something up your butt for Brown. I know one of your bad fast break bad defenses is the Stanley Johnson drive and that wasn't bad defense. It was just he and Smart were couldn't get back in position on an extremely good run to the rim by Johnson.

And since I know you are wrong about that, excuse me if I call into question your other claims of bad defense.

Lol I LITERALLY did not include that one on purpose, because I didn't see that one as being Brown's fault. That and I believe one other one I did not include. So.... try again  ;)

It's hilarious that I'm giving empirical, video evidence showing exactly where Brown screwed up defensively and still getting people arguing against it due to this dogmatic apologism for Brown on this board  ::)

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2018, 08:55:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
C's not out of it but they're going to need to improve that D immensely to pull this off.  offense has been too easy for Detroit this game

They truly miss Horford tonight.
what they're really missing is their open shots.  :P

« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2018, 08:55:34 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Kyrie continues to be the only guy, other than Morris for the most part, who shows up in wins and losses. Detroit are not good, no excuse for this.

« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

You are going through some major mental gymnastics to prove a point because you got something up your butt for Brown. I know one of your bad fast break bad defenses is the Stanley Johnson drive and that wasn't bad defense. It was just he and Smart were couldn't get back in position on an extremely good run to the rim by Johnson.

And since I know you are wrong about that, excuse me if I call into question your other claims of bad defense.

Lol I LITERALLY did not include that one on purpose, because I didn't see that one as being Brown's fault. That and I believe one other one I did not include. So.... try again  ;)

It's hilarious that I'm giving empirical, video evidence showing exactly where Brown screwed up defensively and still getting people arguing against it due to this dogmatic apologism for Brown on this board  ::)

Could be anymore full of yourself in that post?  So opinion now = 'empirical evidence'.  Dude you are something else.

« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2018, 08:55:54 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
The Pistons are so ugly to watch. What a depressing, doomed team. Can't believe we're losing to these bums. SMH.