Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49685 times)

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2018, 08:32:28 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I have a source telling me that LeBron to Philly has +80% to get through.
Talks have been made if all goes according to plan it is done.

My opinion is that their LAL pick, one that will land between 10-12th place and Šarić are 100% gone if it happens. Two very good assets to circle the roster around LBJ, Simmons, and Embiid. I don't think we are doomed, but we will have a tough time playing them if they are able to put everything together. They would be legit.
Dario made big improvements in shooting efficiency and volume, he is a young starter on a playoff team and he embraced his diminished role (an undervalued trait in this league).

Hommie...good nickname for a white dude that immediately promised that he will come from Europe (Efes, Turkey) to Philly 2 years after the draft. He followed through on his promise, even though it meant that his contract will be tied to the rookie scale and not the regular contract that he would be eligible to sign if he had stayed for another year (like Bogdan Bogdanović did in Sacramento). His promise to the fans meant more to him than money - now that's a Jack if I ever saw one.
Hommie will likely get moved.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:31:59 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

If LeBron goes to Philly it's Game Over
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2018, 12:32:54 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 You know how I know that LeBron is going to Philly? Because everyone I think about it I throw up in my mouth. Someone please post the photo of KG, Saric, and Embiid. KG looks small compared to those guys. It's shocking that Saric is that big and Embiid makes both of them look small.

It is also well documented that Ben Simmons is LeBron's little buddy in Mentor and I don't buy the fact that LeBron and Simmons can't play together they would be unbelievable together coupled with Saric, who is way underrated, and an emerging Fultz and that team is unbeatable until LeBron loses his magic.

That's 3 Franchise players on the same team, LeBron, Simmons, Embiid. Plus number one overall pick Fultz. A couple of veteran shooters or Three and D guys and it's a wrap.

Embiid
 Saric
 LeBron
 Fultz/Covington
 Simmons

By the way, Philly has one 10 in a row without LeBron. I rest my case.

Re: If LeBron goes to Philly it's Game Over
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2018, 12:45:58 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Philadelphia may become a new titletown. Their city just won another championship...Villanova.

Perhaps the Flyers may be next.

But back on topic...seems possible seeing that the 76ers look dangerous with their three franchise players when fully healthy. With LeBron at the helm, the East may be no match for them.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2018, 12:54:38 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
You know how I know that LeBron is going to Philly? Because everyone I think about it I throw up in my mouth. Someone please post the photo of KG, Saric, and Embiid. KG looks small compared to those guys. It's shocking that Saric is that big and Embiid makes both of them look small.

It is also well documented that Ben Simmons is LeBron's little buddy in Mentor and I don't buy the fact that LeBron and Simmons can't play together they would be unbelievable together coupled with Saric, who is way underrated, and an emerging Fultz and that team is unbeatable until LeBron loses his magic.

That's 3 Franchise players on the same team, LeBron, Simmons, Embiid. Plus number one overall pick Fultz. A couple of veteran shooters or Three and D guys and it's a wrap.

Embiid
 Saric
 LeBron
 Fultz/Covington
 Simmons

TP for the topic.

This has been a concern of mine for awhile.

What especially scared me is that some say the Sixers could have enough space to land George too!!!!!

How scary would that be?

« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2018, 01:52:41 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Embiid
 Saric
 LeBron
 Fultz/Covington
 Simmons

LeBron getting old.Fultz.Simmons can't shoot a lick,  Embiid made of glass and Covington is largely overpaid,  Saric a role player/average starter

I don't see what to be afraid of? maybe the name on paper?

« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2018, 02:12:19 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Embiid
 Saric
 LeBron
 Fultz/Covington
 Simmons

TP for the topic.

This has been a concern of mine for awhile.

What especially scared me is that some say the Sixers could have enough space to land George too!!!!!

How scary would that be?
The Sixers don't have enough space to land Lebron and George.  They should have about 25M so they'll have to do some work (e.g. get rid of Bayless) to free up space for 1 of them. 

« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2018, 02:15:31 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Can we at least merge these threads and not have multiple Sky is falling Lebron to Philly threads?

« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2018, 02:27:36 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Embiid
 Saric
 LeBron
 Fultz/Covington
 Simmons

LeBron getting old.Fultz.Simmons can't shoot a lick,  Embiid made of glass and Covington is largely overpaid,  Saric a role player/average starter

I don't see what to be afraid of? maybe the name on the paper?
That is a very shortsighted assessment of the Philly future.
Viewing 20-23-year-olds like they are 30, without any room to get better.
Which clearly is not the case within this talented group.
It does us no good to underestimate anyone.

Simmons is a force.
Embiid is the best (Off/Def aggregate) center in the league.
Šarić made huge improvements this past year and is a vet at age of 23.
Covington is a top 3&D player. He is young, can his threes in barrages and defends the best wings each night.
Fultz at the very least is an asset that someone (5-10 teams) would invest in big.

I just hope that LBJ doesn't consume another team with his:
- general conflict of interest due to his sports agency
- dismissing and disrespecting another team coach and his habits and ideas
- kicks Šarić somewhere else as his collateral victim
- takes Simmons ball away from him
- makes Joel's charisma sunshine less bright due to jealousy
- when it all fails (and it will since we are in the East) - finds a way to make the media blame the kids for his/teams failure.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:20:27 AM by Androslav »

« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2018, 03:20:45 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Embiid
 Saric
 LeBron
 Fultz/Covington
 Simmons

I don't see what to be afraid of? maybe the name on paper?
Very head in the sand of you.   

Lebron still the best player in the game.  Imagine him on a young, good team where he doesn't have to play so many minutes.  Imagine him on a top defensive team. 
Embiid arguably the best center in the game.  He was on track for 70 games played until this weird facial injury.  Imagine him on a team where he's the 2nd best player. 
Simmons is essentially a 6'10 playoff Rondo at this point.  He doesn't need to be able to shoot a lick with Lebron and Embiid and a couple of shooters on the court.  However if he should develop a decent jumper, watch out. 
Covington is most definitely not overpaid.  He signed a front loaded contract so his salary drops to 10.4M next season.  That's a bargain for a good, starting 3+D wing. 
Saric may just be an average starter but he only needs to be their 4th or 5th best player.  He improved his 3pt shooting to 39.9% this season.  Best of all he's still got 2 years left of his rookie contract. 
Fultz seems to be getting back on track now.  I don't think he's a franchise player but if he becomes an average started that's plenty good enough for a stacked team. 
Redick most likely re-signs with the Sixers on a much more reasonable contract if Lebron signs with the Sixers. 
The Sixers were already able to attract two of the best players (Ilyasova and Bellineli) available after this trade deadline.  Imagine how well they'd do as a true championship contender.   
The Sixers have good cap space.  They'd only have 2 big contracts with Lebron and Embiid.  There'd be no luxury tax concerns for a few years.  They could even trade for another Max player. 
The Sixers have another chance to get a good young player with the LaKings pick.  Plus they have their own 1sts, a bunch of 2nds and some young players (Korkmaz, TLC, Bolden, ...) who could develop.  Heck, they could get really lucky and get the #1 picks in 2018 and 2019. 

Pretty scary if they get Lebron and things go reasonably well for them.   

« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2018, 03:42:56 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Embiid
 Saric
 LeBron
 Fultz/Covington
 Simmons

I don't see what to be afraid of? maybe the name on the paper?
That is a very shortsighted assessment of the Philly future.
Viewing 20-23-year-olds like they are 30, without any room to get better.
Which clearly is not the case within this talented group.
It does us no good to underestimate anyone.

Simmons is a force.
Embiid is the best (Off/Def aggregate) center in the league.
Šarić made huge improvements this past year and is a vet at age of 23.
Covington is a top 3&D player. He is young, can his threes in barrages and defends the best wings each night.
Fultz at the very least is an asset that someone (5-10 teams) would invest in big.

I just hope that LBJ doesn't consume another team with his:
- general conflict of interest due to his sports agency
- dismissing and disrespecting another team coach and his habits and ideas
- kicks Šarić somewhere else as his collateral victim
- takes Simmons ball away from him
- makes Joel's charisma sunshine less bright due to jealousy
- when it all fails (and it will since we are in the East) - finds a way to make the media blame the kids for his/teams failure.
TP.  I agree with your comments and that Lebron's baggage is the biggest concern.  I assume that he'll be looking to sign a long contract this offseason so his play is likely to drop off at some point during it.  I see the appeal of getting Lebron but I think an Embiid/Simons led team is more interesting.  If I were them, I'd focus on PG this offseason (or Butler or Thompson the following offseason). 

Don't understand the "when it all fails (and it will since we are in the East)" comment.  Add Lebron to the Sixers and I think they are the favorites over GSW and Houston.  KD would wet his bed knowing that the Sixers would have Lebron, Simmons and Covington to throw at him defensively and backstopped by Embiid.       

« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2018, 03:55:44 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

My opinion is that their LAL pick, one that will land between 10-12th place and Šarić are 100% gone if it happens. Two very good assets to circle the roster around LBJ, Simmons, and Embiid. I don't think we are doomed, but we will have a tough time playing them if they are able to put everything together. They would be legit.
Dario made big improvements in shooting efficiency and volume, he is a young starter on a playoff team and he embraced his diminished role (an undervalued trait in this league).

Hommie...good nickname for a white dude that immediately promised that he will come from Europe (Efes, Turkey) to Philly 2 years after the draft. He followed through on his promise, even though it meant that his contract will be tied to the rookie scale and not the regular contract that he would be eligible to sign if he had stayed for another year (like Bogdan Bogdanović did in Sacramento). His promise to the fans meant more to him than money - now that's a Jack if I ever saw one.
Who would they use the LaKings pick plus Saric on?  PG in a sign and trade?  I think that is too much for Kemba with only a year on his contract.  Plus I don't think Kemba would be a good fit with Simmons and Lebron.  They'd really need a Klay Thompson type player to go with Lebron, Simmons and Embiid but I'm not sure who that is.

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2018, 04:55:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Who would they use the LaKings pick plus Saric on?  PG in a sign and trade?  I think that is too much for Kemba with only a year on his contract.  Plus I don't think Kemba would be a good fit with Simmons and Lebron.  They'd really need a Klay Thompson type player to go with Lebron, Simmons, and Embiid but I'm not sure who that is.
Yes, they need a 3&D guys on steroids in that case.
Klay is staying put IMO.
Kemba is a superfluous ball handler in this ecosystem.

My guess would be - Kawhi or PG13.
Those guys are worth it;
- both shoot 3's (Simons, Fultz don't, Embiid not as good to be a stretch 5)
- both are experienced (title ready)
- both defend the leagues best players
- both can play for 5 more years with this core

However, I believe that for PG13 it would be too good of a chance to pass up on being the "King of L.A.". Home kid, a clear best option on that team. Also, having all these kids to complement him is a nice building block (either with internal or external-trade improvement) and then after one more year of preparation, the 2nd max guy can pair with him to make a decent team and a run in the west.

« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2018, 05:20:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nothing to worry about Embiid is injury prone, does anyone think that LeBron has looked at Fultz this year and I want to play with that guy?   If LeBron goes here he will regret it.

That would be tampering.  I would guess your source to be Saric.

« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2018, 05:23:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We already have another sky is falling thread involving LeBron going to Philly.  Was this one necessary.  Besides it is not even true, we are done, the game is not over.  Embiid just got hurt again was still have playing time restrictions.   No way does LeBron look at Fultz and say I want to pass the torch to this guy or play with him.   Relax!

« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2018, 05:37:55 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
Nothing to worry about Embiid is injury prone, does anyone think that LeBron has looked at Fultz this year and I want to play with that guy?   If LeBron goes here he will regret it.

That would be tampering.  I would guess your source to be Saric.
I'll stick to the 2-sources policy before being comfortable saying it is true.
Smarter men than me made that rule.

Tampering = Clutchsports
IMHO, there is no such thing as non-tampering in any business.
Art, Industry, Politics, Nobel prize...you name it.