Author Topic: Lebron to 76ers: worst case scenario?  (Read 5387 times)

Re: Lebron to 76ers: worst case scenario?
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 03:51:46 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I been saying cleveland all along..he wouldnt pick philly over cavs in same conference...now i can see him go to lakers only if they get more players but doubt it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 04:04:05 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783971-report-76ers-fultz-embiid-simmons-off-limits-in-kawhi-leonard-trade-talks

But, yeah, don’t think we need to worry about Kawhi being traded to Philly, though, as they seem unwilling to put any of Embiid, Simmons, or Fultz in the package, which won’t get you Kawhi.

I could see them unwilling to put Embiid in a package but if they are refusing Fultz, it tells me they think Kawhi will not resign and will end up in LAL.  To be honest, I would trade Fultz for a 1 year rental on Kawhi just on the chance it turns out like Paul George and he ends up staying.

Simmons to is in a different category from Fultz but I would trade Simmons if I knew it was getting me both LeBron and Kawhi.  Not Embiid though,makes sense to want to hold on to him no matter what.

To me you don't look at this as trading Simmons for Kawhi.  If you only get Kawhi and LeBron goes to LAL, than Kawhi is likely gone and it is not worth it for Philly to give up much.  If trading for Kawhi gets you LeBron, then much more likely both stay and you should be more willing to give up value.

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think players may view the team as not stable.   I mean they just hired and fired Coangelo.

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783971-report-76ers-fultz-embiid-simmons-off-limits-in-kawhi-leonard-trade-talks

But, yeah, don’t think we need to worry about Kawhi being traded to Philly, though, as they seem unwilling to put any of Embiid, Simmons, or Fultz in the package, which won’t get you Kawhi.

I could see them unwilling to put Embiid in a package but if they are refusing Fultz, it tells me they think Kawhi will not resign and will end up in LAL.  To be honest, I would trade Fultz for a 1 year rental on Kawhi just on the chance it turns out like Paul George and he ends up staying.

Simmons to is in a different category from Fultz but I would trade Simmons if I knew it was getting me both LeBron and Kawhi.  Not Embiid though,makes sense to want to hold on to him no matter what.

To me you don't look at this as trading Simmons for Kawhi. If you only get Kawhi and LeBron goes to LAL, than Kawhi is likely gone and it is not worth it for Philly to give up much. If trading for Kawhi gets you LeBron, then much more likely both stay and you should be more willing to give up value.
I think this is actually a very possible scenario, but they won’t beat the Celtics with Kawhi/Embiid but some key young players gone.

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2018, 04:28:41 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

To me you don't look at this as trading Simmons for Kawhi. If you only get Kawhi and LeBron goes to LAL, than Kawhi is likely gone and it is not worth it for Philly to give up much. If trading for Kawhi gets you LeBron, then much more likely both stay and you should be more willing to give up value.
I think this is actually a very possible scenario, but they won’t beat the Celtics with Kawhi/Embiid but some key young players gone.

So are you saying you wouldn't give up Fultz for one year of Kawhi (assuming no LeBron)?  It isn't about beating Boston or not, it is just about getting better to me.  I would not let Fultz stop me from taking a one year chance on Kawhi but it depends of course what else is in the deal.

In any case, it does no seem all that likely that Philly makes a trade for Kawhi unless they know that LeBron is coming also.  Philly won't be willing to offer enough to make it worth it for SAS to do the trade.  They may as well just take what LAL is offering.

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2018, 08:22:50 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
LeBron staying in the East. Didn’t happen!  ;D

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2018, 08:30:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
So now some here can talk themselves off the sky is falling cliff they imagined?

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2018, 08:35:44 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'm starting to wonder about the reasoning that no big name FA had the Sixers as a finalist team.

I wonder if players would get annoyed with Embiid's personality, or worry about his long-term health, or question their coaching, or worry about the scrutiny from the fan base after the Fultz fiasco.

Seriously, after dreaming about Lebron, Kawhi, George, etc, they are going to wind up with 35 year old JJ Reddick.

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2018, 08:36:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Philly going to get nobody of significance

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2018, 08:37:42 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'm starting to wonder about the reasoning that no big name FA had the Sixers as a finalist team.

I wonder if players would get annoyed with Embiid's personality, or worry about his long-term health, or question their coaching, or worry about the scrutiny from the fan base after the Fultz fiasco.

Seriously, after dreaming about Lebron, Kawhi, George, etc, they are going to wind up with 35 year old JJ Reddick.

Look at what just happened with their GM. That was a huge embarrassment. Makes you wonder what they team culture is really like.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Look at what just happened with their GM. That was a huge embarrassment. Makes you wonder what they team culture is really like.

True. When you add in the Noel and Okafor drama, this is starting to look like a bad culture that good players don't want a part of.