Paul Millsap
0 (0%)
Gordon Hayward
28 (37.3%)
Blake Griffin
46 (61.3%)
Other Free Agent (COMMENT BELOW!)
0 (0%)
No Free Agent, Just Trades (COMMENT BELOW!)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Pretend They're AVAILABLE This July. Hayward, Griffin or Millsap?  (Read 5316 times)

Re: Pretend They're AVAILABLE This July. Hayward, Griffin or Millsap?
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Probably should have just made this poll Hayward or Griffin  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 12:46:08 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I would go

1. Griffin

2. Millsap
3. Hayward

Griffin seems like the pretty clear no brainer first choice to me.  He plays at a position of need, fills several of the team holes, and is still fairly young.  I honestly don't really see the point of Hayward on this team. He doesn't really do much for any of the teams holes, whereas Millsap at least fills a real positional need.  Obviously I would have no issue with any and I don't think any are likely at all, but it would be a nice position to be in.

He would give us another go-to scorer, which is a major need for the team. Hayward would come in and be the best wing on the team day 1, and take a lot of pressure off IT
No question, Hayward would be the best wing on the team, but I don't really see go to scorer as a hole on this team and I don't think Hayward's game will translate all that well playing next to Thomas.  I don't think he would get many more shots than Bradley was getting. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2017, 12:58:50 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would go

1. Griffin

2. Millsap
3. Hayward

Griffin seems like the pretty clear no brainer first choice to me.  He plays at a position of need, fills several of the team holes, and is still fairly young.  I honestly don't really see the point of Hayward on this team. He doesn't really do much for any of the teams holes, whereas Millsap at least fills a real positional need.  Obviously I would have no issue with any and I don't think any are likely at all, but it would be a nice position to be in.

He would give us another go-to scorer, which is a major need for the team. Hayward would come in and be the best wing on the team day 1, and take a lot of pressure off IT
No question, Hayward would be the best wing on the team, but I don't really see go to scorer as a hole on this team and I don't think Hayward's game will translate all that well playing next to Thomas.  I don't think he would get many more shots than Bradley was getting.

I think it is an issue come playoff time.  Top teams with good long defenders can cause issues for IT (especially at the end of the game)

Adding an offensive player like Hayward forces teams to think twice about where to put that long defender. 

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2017, 02:01:12 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Griffin every single day.  Other than Anthony Davis there is not a better frontcourt complement to Horford in the entire NBA.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 02:06:32 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
I would go

1. Griffin

2. Millsap
3. Hayward

It's definitely a hole along with rebounding.

When IT is contained, no one can really score. We saw it in the Toronto game.

Bradley can help but he's not the ideal option either.

Horford isn't a guy who can consistently get you buckets over and over again in the 4th either.

Bradley/Horford can get you a solid 15-20 a night, but someone who can put up 20 PPG consistently would be a better option.

Toronto has DeRozan/Lowry, WAS have Wall/Beal, POR with McCollum/Lilliard. Except POR, the other two are legit playoff teams, but imagine if this Celtics team had that added luxury of a #2 scorer. I think we would go on deep playoff runs no doubt.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2017, 02:32:09 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I would go

1. Griffin

2. Millsap
3. Hayward

It's definitely a hole along with rebounding.

When IT is contained, no one can really score. We saw it in the Toronto game.

Bradley can help but he's not the ideal option either.

Horford isn't a guy who can consistently get you buckets over and over again in the 4th either.

Bradley/Horford can get you a solid 15-20 a night, but someone who can put up 20 PPG consistently would be a better option.

Toronto has DeRozan/Lowry, WAS have Wall/Beal, POR with McCollum/Lilliard. Except POR, the other two are legit playoff teams, but imagine if this Celtics team had that added luxury of a #2 scorer. I think we would go on deep playoff runs no doubt.
Hayward is definitely a good to great scorer, but his points per shot are basically on par with Crowder.  He obviously takes a lot more of them, but a lot of that is the team surrounding each.  I just don't see Hayward, who isn't as good a shooter as Crowder or Bradley, being a real good fit next to someone like Thomas.  A scoring PF like Griffin or even Millsap seems to fill a much bigger need for the team.  That said, I'd be happy to sign Hayward if it was him or no one as he is better than Bradley and Crowder and thus would improve the team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip