Author Topic: Dame being Dame  (Read 1543 times)

Dame being Dame
« on: April 30, 2019, 12:22:22 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Dame being Dame
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 12:26:44 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’ve become a huge Lillard fan over the years.

Great player and great personality.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 12:30:30 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I personally think it's a dumb thing to say. Cool that he brings attention to those less fortunate, but it's just a stupid way to frame things.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 12:37:53 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I personally think it's a dumb thing to say. Cool that he brings attention to those less fortunate, but it's just a stupid way to frame things.

Why stupid?

Doesn't all the seriousness, being "blessed", just plain old Kyrie etc. ever make you roll your eyes?

Imagine if there was a stone cold justice spokesperson in the NBA.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 12:46:35 AM »

Online alt

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 25

Why stupid?

Doesn't all the seriousness, being "blessed", just plain old Kyrie etc. ever make you roll your eyes?

Because it implies anyone actually is comparing the pressure of not knowing where the next meal will come from or how to pay for the kids school with the pressure of winning sports events or close a big deal or whatever. Everyone is fully aware those are different types of pressure.

It was stupid when Mourinho famously did it years ago (first time it went viral); it's been even more stupid now that an endless number of sport stars and celebrities have turned it into a tired cliché.

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 01:14:05 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Why stupid?

Because it implies anyone actually is comparing the pressure of not knowing where the next meal will come from or how to pay for the kids school with the pressure of winning sports events or close a big deal or whatever. Everyone is fully aware those are different types of pressure.

It was stupid when Mourinho famously did it years ago (first time it went viral); it's been even more stupid now that an endless number of sport stars and celebrities have turned it into a tired cliché.
Agreed, they are completely different things. btw speaking of Mourinho, where do you think he's going this summer? Inter? Bayern? Or another club?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 02:25:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Why stupid?

TP
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 03:48:32 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Why stupid?

Agreed, they are completely different things. btw speaking of Mourinho, where do you think he's going this summer? Inter? Bayern? Or another club?

Wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at PSG. Don't think they're too happy about constantly failing in the CL given how much they're spending.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 04:45:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Why stupid?

Wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at PSG. Don't think they're too happy about constantly failing in the CL given how much they're spending.
Yeah it's a possibility, but from what I'm seeing in the media PSG will give Tuchel another year, and I don't think Mourinho has the patience to be doing nothing for one extra full season after getting sacked last December.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 05:35:14 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Ever since Notre Dame went on fire, Dame went - on fire.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 07:21:44 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Air pressure.

Now there's some real pressure.
Yup