Author Topic: The Draymond Green Thing  (Read 3784 times)

The Draymond Green Thing
« on: December 16, 2023, 05:12:42 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I was listening to Ramona Shelbourne on the Lowe Post today talking about the Draymond suspension. Apparently Draymond is maintaining that the punch was unintentional, that he was trying to draw a foul or something.

But there's no doubt anymore that he's a dirty player who tries to hurt people, is there? I feel like I tend to give players the benefit of the doubt, and I often have even with Draymond, but it's too many years of too many incidents that look like someone trying to give themselves plausible deniability. That deniability is no longer plausible.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: The Draymond Green Thing
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 05:39:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
The point at which I gave him any benefit of the doubt on this crap was long ago. 

He's a great basketball player but not only has he skirted the line of fair v. dirty but he's crossed it on multiple occasions. 

Does he really expect any rational person to give him the benefit of the doubt on this stuff?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 07:38:50 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
The NBA enabled him his entire career. They are in part responsible for this.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 07:57:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
The thing is, in the past I don't remember too many other players actually calling out Draymond for his actions. But now you have Durant, Nurkic, and a handful of others literally saying "the man needs help". That's the kind of stuff you say about someone you think has a mental health issue. And even Kerr kind of stated the same, that he needs help and this stuff won't be tolerated. So yeah... it's up to Draymond.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 09:11:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482

This 100%.  It is almost like there are a separate set of rules for him when he starts barking about a call.  But then if for example JT or JB say ANY thing they are T’d up.  When Draymond gets away with screaming at the refs he thinks he can get away with anything.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 09:37:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

This 100%.  It is almost like there are a separate set of rules for him when he starts barking about a call.  But then if for example JT or JB say ANY thing they are T’d up.  When Draymond gets away with screaming at the refs he thinks he can get away with anything.

The Warriors enabled him too. There were no consequences to his assault on Poole. I am no longer surprised by his acts. He’s a bully.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2023, 10:41:32 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Didn't look intentional to me unless he meant to hit him harder and unintentionally missed him a little.  The man needs to be suspended for at least a year. 

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2023, 11:24:37 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
I think the indefinite suspension is warranted. The headlock was crazy and this recent punch was some very heavy straw that broke the camels back
- LilRip

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2023, 11:42:45 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

The Warriors enabled him too. There were no consequences to his assault on Poole. I am no longer surprised by his acts. He’s a bully.

Yeah good point. Poole really didn't deserve that and it baffles me the Warriors acted like it was nothing afterwards

For a guy who won 4 championships, Draymond is gonna be remembered for a lot of the wrong reasons whether he likes it or not. This indefinite suspension seems [dang]ing

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2023, 11:57:03 AM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 172
In the 2022 Finals against us, didn't Draymond brag about how after a first technical the refs give him leeway to do whatever he wants? Like trying to depants Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2023, 02:13:46 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

The way the Warriors handled the Poole situation was completely irresponsible and pretty much gave Draymond free reign. And then Kerr could barely call him out for the Gobert headlock. It's like they're afraid to hold him accountable.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2023, 06:22:40 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I was listening to Ramona Shelbourne on the Lowe Post today talking about the Draymond suspension. Apparently Draymond is maintaining that the punch was unintentional, that he was trying to draw a foul or something.

But there's no doubt anymore that he's a dirty player who tries to hurt people, is there? I feel like I tend to give players the benefit of the doubt, and I often have even with Draymond, but it's too many years of too many incidents that look like someone trying to give themselves plausible deniability. That deniability is no longer plausible.

Let me preface this by stating I hate Draymond Green.  He's one of the players I hate most in this league. Arrogant, definitely dirty and absolutely reckless.  I'm shocked he hasn't ended someone's season with an injury.  When a player draws a foul they wave their arms in the air above their head.  They don't spin and throw a haymaker.  This guy is a joke.  He called out C's fans for vulgarity but has used way worse words  against other players, fans etc.  This is not a role model you want for your kids.  Screw Green he's getting what he deserves. 

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2023, 10:43:01 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

Yeah good point. Poole really didn't deserve that and it baffles me the Warriors acted like it was nothing afterwards

For a guy who won 4 championships, Draymond is gonna be remembered for a lot of the wrong reasons whether he likes it or not. This indefinite suspension seems [dang]ing
Yep. Before this season, I would've expected his legacy to include mentions of his bad behavior but after everything that's happened this (short) season, I think he's crossed into the Rodman zone where the first sentence of his legacy includes a disclaimer about his personality.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2023, 11:45:30 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Draymond Green starts counseling, expected to remain sidelined for at least three weeks

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green has started counseling and is expected to remain sidelined via suspension for at least the next three weeks, league sources said. The NBA announced an indefinite suspension for Green on Dec. 13 for striking Phoenix Suns center Jusuf Nurkić in the face during a game one night earlier. Joe Dumars, NBA executive vice president and head of basketball operations, said in a statement that Green’s “repeated history of unsportsmanlike acts” was a factor in the decision. – via Shams Charania @ The Athletic

Does anyone think that counseling is going to change Draymond Green?  I predict that if Green is reinstated, there will be another incident.

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2023, 11:53:22 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Draymond Green starts counseling, expected to remain sidelined for at least three weeks

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green has started counseling and is expected to remain sidelined via suspension for at least the next three weeks, league sources said. The NBA announced an indefinite suspension for Green on Dec. 13 for striking Phoenix Suns center Jusuf Nurkić in the face during a game one night earlier. Joe Dumars, NBA executive vice president and head of basketball operations, said in a statement that Green’s “repeated history of unsportsmanlike acts” was a factor in the decision. – via Shams Charania @ The Athletic

Does anyone think that counseling is going to change Draymond Green?  I predict that if Green is reinstated, there will be another incident.

Yeah and also, 3 weeks? Yeah I'm sure in that short time he'll change too  ::)

Should be more like 3 months