Author Topic: Simmons Podcast: NBA Ruined by CBA?  (Read 4197 times)

Re: Simmons Podcast: NBA Ruined by CBA?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2023, 01:00:39 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
if a team drafts well, they should have advantages to keep their roster together. Why should a team be punished because they are good at drafting?

There is a vast difference between a team like the celtics and Denver and warriors (pre durant) that has drafted 90% of their core players and help and someone like LA or Phoenix who are trying to do it through Free agency/trades

I think what I’m struggling to understand in this example is how Phoenix’s path to building and maintaining a contender is any easier than Boston, Denver, or Golden State.

i'm not saying its easier. What i'm saying is what the NBA is trying to "get rid of" is the phoenix/LA way of building teams. Phoenix may be harder in the end because even if they pull this off to get Beal then they have limited resources to fill out their bench.

a team like Boston or Denver or Golden state may have a great roster, but its due to building through the draft

Ah ok I misunderstood your post, and I agree.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.