Author Topic: Celtics (23-2) at Hawks (15-9) 12/17  (Read 47395 times)

Re: Celtics (23-2) at Hawks (15-9) 12/17
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2008, 12:03:35 AM »

Offline JR34

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 5
Wow, what an exciting (and frustrating) game, especially the closing minutes of the 4th. I thought we were going to OT for sure. When Joe missed that FT, the crowd turned on him, and I even heard people saying "F* you Joe!" The last three point attempt from Bibby looked good from where I was seated and my heart almost stopped.

There was a lot of green in the crowd tonight, and we even got some D-fense chants going. The crowd was not a sell-out like the recap says - I saw lots of good seats empty. Maybe they just didn't show up.

I watched Allen drain 12+ threes in a row during warm-up, I guess that doesn't mean much come game time.

As I was leaving and heading toward the subway, some drunk ATL fan started talking incoherent trash to me, but he wasn't looking where he was going and took a dive down a whole flight of stairs!

« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2008, 12:20:04 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
So I watched the first half, then went out to eat with my wife and a couple friends -- a very good dinner, with some very good friends, but the whole time I am wondering to myself: "how the heck are the celtics doing?"  We skip dessert, come home, and first thing I do when I get home is check the box score -- man, nice W, and much sweeter than any dessert the restaurant served!  ;)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2008, 12:24:10 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Wow, what an exciting (and frustrating) game, especially the closing minutes of the 4th. I thought we were going to OT for sure. When Joe missed that FT, the crowd turned on him, and I even heard people saying "F* you Joe!" The last three point attempt from Bibby looked good from where I was seated and my heart almost stopped.

There was a lot of green in the crowd tonight, and we even got some D-fense chants going. The crowd was not a sell-out like the recap says - I saw lots of good seats empty. Maybe they just didn't show up.

I watched Allen drain 12+ threes in a row during warm-up, I guess that doesn't mean much come game time.

As I was leaving and heading toward the subway, some drunk ATL fan started talking incoherent trash to me, but he wasn't looking where he was going and took a dive down a whole flight of stairs!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2008, 02:12:41 AM »

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
Derek Fisher buried a shot against the Spurs with what, 0.5 seconds left?  I've seen plenty of game winners with under a second left, to the point where I wouldn't risk it.  I'd rather have the 3 point lead, with no realistic shot of losing in regulation.

(With no timeouts, I agree that missing the FT is the way to go.)

When he was with the Hornets, Baron Davis actually made a 3 in the playoffs with .2 seconds left and they waived it off, this was before replay, I guarantee you he made it in less than .2 seconds, I don't know how, but he did.

I think I remember that play. It happened not long after they started going with tenths of seconds displayed on the clocks. The announcers said (seriously) that they practiced with a "real fast shooter" and a stopwatch and determined that you couldn't get a shot off in less than .3 seconds. So they automatically waived off any shots if the play started with .1 or .2 on the clock. He clearly got the shot off before the clock hit 0.0.

There were actually .7 left on the clock, making the call even worse because he definitely got it off with the clock starting on time.

The NBA actually does have an official rule saying that a shot cannot be made with .3 or less left on the clock. The refs of the Baron Davis game just really, really screwed up. Instant replay was put into effect the next season.
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."