Author Topic: Magic (13-4) at Celtics (16-2) 12/1  (Read 39967 times)

Re: Magic (13-4) at Celtics (16-2) 12/1
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2008, 10:20:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
ya ok, the techs on perk are officially getting ridiculous. I mean, i'll be the first to call him out for stupid ones, like the pushing and yapping, but what was that one for? Being right?

the dude under the basket, who called it a block, T'd him up for saying it hit the glass, which was THE CORRECT CALL which was in fact made by the other official.

So perk basically got a tech right there because the official who missed it was embarrassed and can't yell at the other ref so he took it out on perk.

now, in a perfect world, perk shuts his mouth, bout honestly, thats not a tech on 99% of the league right now.

good message NBA.

The NBA where amazing happens  ::)

Rasheed is right sometimes too. That doesn't mean you shouldn't shut up. Perk has become a joke, because he regularly complains about good calls. Perk is like Dunk, except louder, complaining on every call by default.

did you see it live?

He said " It hit the glass man!" and clapped his hands and turned away.

If were T'ing people up for that now, thats retarded, and don't whine to me about rep, rep is what has us in this mess with officiating. Its not your job to play favorites and make the game about how big your package is and who's got tenure.

Its your job to be invisible, I shouldn't be able to look at that nights ref's and be able to pick out the hot heads.

somewhere along the way, NBA refs became convinced i gave a [dang] about their personal stamp on a game. While other sports strive to make their officials part of the background, NBA refs constantly have peeing contests with NBA stars and coaches.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2008, 10:25:18 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
ya ok, the techs on perk are officially getting ridiculous. I mean, i'll be the first to call him out for stupid ones, like the pushing and yapping, but what was that one for? Being right?

the dude under the basket, who called it a block, T'd him up for saying it hit the glass, which was THE CORRECT CALL which was in fact made by the other official.

So perk basically got a tech right there because the official who missed it was embarrassed and can't yell at the other ref so he took it out on perk.

now, in a perfect world, perk shuts his mouth, bout honestly, thats not a tech on 99% of the league right now.

good message NBA.

Rasheed is right sometimes too. That doesn't mean you shouldn't shut up. Perk has become a joke, because he regularly complains about good calls. Perk is like Dunk, except louder, complaining on every call by default.

did you see it live?

He said " It hit the rim man!" and clapped his hands and turned away.

If were T'ing people up for that now, thats retarded, and don't whine to me about rep, rep is what has us in this mess with officiating. Its not your job to play favorites and make the game about how big your package is and who's got tenure.

Its your job to be invisible, I shouldn't be able to look at that nights ref's and be able to pick out the hot heads.

somewhere along the way, NBA refs became convinced i gave a [dang] about their personal stamp on a game. While other sports strive to make their officials part of the background, NBA refs constantly have peeing contests with NBA stars and coaches.

I agree with you about refs -- on a very related note, i don't like the superstar treatment.  If the NBA goes too far with it, it runs the risk of becoming like the NHL.  I honestly still can't believe the NHL allows fights.  It just seems so amateur and WWF to me.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2008, 10:31:04 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"

good message NBA.

It wasn't that Perk was right that bothered me. I'll be the first to admit that Perkins needs to switch that default setting you speak of, but he absolutely shouldn't have gotten nailed for a tech on that. They showed the replay and you could see what what happened. The goaltending play occured, and after the play ended Perk immediately turned to the ref and briefly complained in a non-inflammaory way. Then, Perk turns back around, and as the other ref clarifies that its goaltending, the ref that Perk said someting like "Come on!" to (guys do that after every foul practically) Ts him up. It was nothing. Refs never T guys up for reactions like that, and the league even said that they're making an effort this year to not give out technicals based on expressions of emotion by players immediately after the play. As an isolated incident, there was basically nothing Perk could do to prevent that from happening, although generally he needs to stop complaining so much.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2008, 10:41:29 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
So, speaking of techs...is Sam Cassell the first player in NBA history to have more technical fouls in a season than minutes played?

« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2008, 10:54:44 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
New nickname for Perk?

T-Rex
Yup

« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
So, speaking of techs...is Sam Cassell the first player in NBA history to have more technical fouls in a season than minutes played?

Well we are often the franchise that is the first to do something so .... ;D ;D