Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 556590 times)

RMO, cdcd, ddt27, tazzmaniac, smokeablount and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #6825 on: May 02, 2024, 12:04:47 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
I'm rooting for Cavs so I can potentially go to a game, but the Magic are definitely the easier opponent.

Either way root for Magic to go 7 so our series starts later.

« Reply #6826 on: May 02, 2024, 12:06:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
I think Mitchell and Garland would give Boston some issues. Think I would rather play the Magic with their lack of 3 point shooting.

Why? we have some of the best defensive backcourt players in the league. Isn't the bigger issue Horford trying to contend with both Allen any Mobley (or Kornet I guess).

« Reply #6827 on: May 02, 2024, 12:16:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1625
  • What a Pub Should Be
Woj working hard to tell us something we already know.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo (calf) and Damian Lillard (Achilles) are both working to try and make a return vs. Indiana for Game 6 tonight, but still unclear if either will be able, sources tell ESPN. Bucks are trailing 3-2 in series.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6828 on: May 02, 2024, 12:20:03 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489
Did you guys see the 76ers bought 2000 tickets to give away to Philly fans? They didn't want a repeat of Knicks fans traveling and being loud in Philly's arena.

That is one of the weakest things I have heard of from a front office. Can you imagine if NYK or LAL did that for Brooklyn or Clippers games? They would be eviscerated by the media.

For buying tickets and giving them to first responders? I think they would receive universal praise in any city for doing this. Get a bunch of hardworking underpaid people into see a playoff game. What exactly is the problem?
Yeah that parts nice. The reason they did it is not enough of their own fans went to a playoff game. I'm all for something good coming out of it, but buying your own tickets so that an opposing teams fans don't travel and boo your playoff team on their own court isn't a great look.
#JKJB

« Reply #6829 on: May 02, 2024, 12:20:15 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1696
Woj working hard to tell us something we already know.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo (calf) and Damian Lillard (Achilles) are both working to try and make a return vs. Indiana for Game 6 tonight, but still unclear if either will be able, sources tell ESPN. Bucks are trailing 3-2 in series.

Dame and Giannis might play or they might not.  Maybe. 

« Reply #6830 on: May 02, 2024, 12:33:28 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Did you guys see the 76ers bought 2000 tickets to give away to Philly fans? They didn't want a repeat of Knicks fans traveling and being loud in Philly's arena.

That is one of the weakest things I have heard of from a front office. Can you imagine if NYK or LAL did that for Brooklyn or Clippers games? They would be eviscerated by the media.

For buying tickets and giving them to first responders? I think they would receive universal praise in any city for doing this. Get a bunch of hardworking underpaid people into see a playoff game. What exactly is the problem?
Yeah that parts nice. The reason they did it is not enough of their own fans went to a playoff game. I'm all for something good coming out of it, but buying your own tickets so that an opposing teams fans don't travel and boo your playoff team on their own court isn't a great look.

Well i think basically any team that was within a few hours of New York where nose bleeds for the playoff games are $500 I think this would happen. Probably about the best way the 76ers could have handled it.

« Reply #6831 on: May 02, 2024, 01:12:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
It's funny.  You have two fanbases tonight who both believe that the absolute worst is going to happen to them.

Knicks fans convinced that Reggie Miller 2.0 just happened to them in Game 5 and they're destined to blow a 3-1 lead now.

Sixers fans convinced that it's such a Sixer thing to pull you back in with that Game 5 win then promptly lose at home in Game 6. 

« Reply #6832 on: May 02, 2024, 03:48:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 706
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It's funny.  You have two fanbases tonight who both believe that the absolute worst is going to happen to them.

Knicks fans convinced that Reggie Miller 2.0 just happened to them in Game 5 and they're destined to blow a 3-1 lead now.

Sixers fans convinced that it's such a Sixer thing to pull you back in with that Game 5 win then promptly lose at home in Game 6.

I wish that both could lose.

« Reply #6833 on: May 02, 2024, 03:51:25 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 483

Well i think basically any team that was within a few hours of New York where nose bleeds for the playoff games are $500 I think this would happen. Probably about the best way the 76ers could have handled it.

I saw this and I think the last home game there were a lot of NY fans in their house and they were loud.  I could not imagine a team coming into Boston and doing this.  We see it all the time during the regular season.  C's fans are rampant in every city.  It's awesome.  I could not imagine seeing an article that the C's ownership had to buy tickets to make sure our home area was not as loud as Philly's was because their were so many seats available for sale.  You won't find a fan base like ours in just about any sport IMO.  It's true when they say we have the greatest fan base on the planet.

« Reply #6834 on: May 02, 2024, 03:53:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
If people watched Game 4, there were a ton of cheers for the Knicks and even MVP chants for Brunson lol, also chants of "F---- Embiid" inside the arena itself. Wild stuff. If that happened at TD Garden I'd be pretty livid, and it'd feel so weird.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6835 on: May 02, 2024, 03:56:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
If people watched Game 4, there were a ton of cheers for the Knicks and even MVP chants for Brunson lol, also chants of "F---- Embiid" inside the arena itself. Wild stuff. If that happened at TD Garden I'd be pretty livid, and it'd feel so weird.

Off the top of my head, the only time I really remember opposing fans having at it in the Garden was like the mid 2000s pre New Three days.  Lakers came into town and the Laker contingent was pretty vocal and even started an MVP chant for Kobe.  And I'm talking like arena wide.  Not just the small opposing fan pockets you see at games. Pretty embarrassing.

« Reply #6836 on: May 02, 2024, 04:41:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

Off the top of my head, the only time I really remember opposing fans having at it in the Garden was like the mid 2000s pre New Three days.  Lakers came into town and the Laker contingent was pretty vocal and even started an MVP chant for Kobe.  And I'm talking like arena wide.  Not just the small opposing fan pockets you see at games. Pretty embarrassing.

I feel like we are being a little unrealistic here by not acknowledging too major factors. One Philly and New york are way closer than Boston and New York. It is about 220 miles from Boston to New York and like 70 from Philly to New York? One is a very feasible trip to make leaving work early. The other you are either a maniac ok getting home at 3 and leaving work very early or you are staying overnight. This certainly plays a major role in how many fans will go buy tickets. The other is that Boston is a more comparable cost of living to New York to Philly and everything is a bit cheaper including sports tickets. So that combined with the distance is why the fans are going into Philly, not anything really related to how passionate the fan base is or something they should be super embarrassed about. If we were that close to New York we would definitely have to deal with it more though the more expensive tickets would help some.

« Reply #6837 on: May 02, 2024, 05:29:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1418
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I feel like we are being a little unrealistic here by not acknowledging too major factors. One Philly and New york are way closer than Boston and New York. It is about 220 miles from Boston to New York and like 70 from Philly to New York? One is a very feasible trip to make leaving work early. The other you are either a maniac ok getting home at 3 and leaving work very early or you are staying overnight. This certainly plays a major role in how many fans will go buy tickets. The other is that Boston is a more comparable cost of living to New York to Philly and everything is a bit cheaper including sports tickets. So that combined with the distance is why the fans are going into Philly, not anything really related to how passionate the fan base is or something they should be super embarrassed about. If we were that close to New York we would definitely have to deal with it more though the more expensive tickets would help some.

And a lot Knicks fans do live in South Jersey, so there's a big contingent of fans in that area who don't have the time to get up to NYC for a game who are taking the opportunity to root for the Knicks now. It's actually a much quicker trip depending on where you live. Fans coming from Camden or Cherry Hill can get to Philly in 20ish minutes versus an hour and half drive to NYC.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6838 on: May 02, 2024, 05:49:31 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 283
Dame is a go. Freak is out

« Reply #6839 on: May 02, 2024, 06:00:11 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991
Dame is a go. Freak is out

Seems like Indiana should close it out tonight then.