Author Topic: Video of the Ref no calls  (Read 10635 times)

Re: Video of the Ref no calls
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 07:22:41 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Thanks for the video.

Upon further review:

THE CELTICS STILL WIN!

;D  ;D  ;D

Wooohoo!

Two games to go.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:11:09 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 07:22:53 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I can't wait to read this board once you guys get the David Stern bone with a 38-10 FT margin while every drive to the hoop you get hacked with no call and every time we drive its a FT.  Your tune will change in a heartbeat.  See you Tuesday night.

you can go ahead and read every away game from atlanta and find out.

i know everyone in LA thinks that was the worst called game of all time, but the disparity doesn't even rank asd highest in the playoffs.

but, as was said, we played through it. our head coach and star player didn't call out the whambulance at the press conferance, they got back to playing good basketball and didn't blame anyone but themselves for poor execution.

keep it up with the excuses though out thier in la la land, laker fans tears are delicous  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 07:27:00 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
That's the biggest crap video I've ever seen, you can't see anything in there... and just as there were missed calls in the game, the person who put that together obviously missed some other calls for convinient purposes.

Yep, exactly.  Here's a hint: not every drive to the basket should result in a whistle.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 07:28:45 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I can't wait to read this board once you guys get the David Stern bone with a 38-10 FT margin while every drive to the hoop you get hacked with no call and every time we drive its a FT.  Your tune will change in a heartbeat.  See you Tuesday night.

David Stern hates the Celtics, that's no secret... but over here, we might complain about the refs, but in the end we'll always blame Doc for our loses.  Anyways, we've been winning too much in spite of poor officiating all playoffs long.

You guys didn't lose because of it, you just played awful through and through. You guys might have some validity if you actually came and played, but you guys didn't show up and now are using the refs as a scapegoat. Please.

I don't know what you did but Sterns LOVES you now.

this is my favroite Laker claim. David stern, according to all reports, was salavating at the chance of a celtics-lakers final. He goes out of his way, according to laker fans and conspiracy theroists alike, to carry the celtics inferior team through the playoffs, and no calls SA into a 3-1 lead for LA.

but now that he has his dream series, he's making it so the celtics win every game. because that makes sense, he wants a sweep.

not to LA fans, its not the rims, or the refs, or the intergalatic anti- lakers commite thats holding you back, its that aside from kobe, no one on your team wants it enough, certainly not your big men.

mabey they can let a bench player go from half court to the rim without even thinking about slowing the ball, that was a fun defensive trip wasen't it?

or mabey 5 lakers could cover our PG into the paint leaving two great 3 point shooters uncovered, i really like that aspect of your defense as well.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 07:31:40 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yo discoflux, given the name I thought you might appreciate some of the finer points your video missed from Sunday's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MzP0rNN5w0

I'm not even a big fan of the Gino thing, but it seemed appropriate here.
Yup

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 07:34:45 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
For anyone else about to view this video let me quote Anthony Kiedis in Point Break "That would be a waste of time!"

-heat

anyone who quotes point break gets a TP from me.

on my list of NBA teams i feel sorry for because of being jobbed by the refs, the lakers come in about 47th.

on my list of nba coaches i feel sorry for because of being jobbed by the refs, phil jackson comes in about 80th.

on my list of nba players i feel sorry for because of being jobbed by the refs, kone bryant comes in about 18,748th
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I think it would be a great idea to have a thread dedicated solely to the excuses being worked by the Laker fans, where they could all go and just blow out their tubes and comiserate together. Amazing to me the level of denial that they seem mired in, and the irony of how very few games we played this year where we got the benefit of the majority of calls going our way.

It's also amazing that Laker fans fail to recognize the fact that their own coach said in the Comcast post-game interview that the big discrepency in calls was due to the fact that the Celtics were far more aggressive. A reporter even gave him the opportunity to bail out by blaming the refs, and he didn't do it, but instead put the blame where it belonged, on the lack of aggressive play by his team.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 07:56:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Since I had the whole game DVR'ed in HD I went back and watchedsome of it yesterday(last night).

Upon further review, the refs did a fairly good job. granted there were some ticky-tack fouls, like Kobe's 2nd foul, the offensive elbow, but even that call had merit. You can not send an elbow backward towards a guys head and think you are going to hot get a fouled called.

The Turiaf foul on the Powe layin was a foul because as much as Breen said Turiaf crashed into Powe after the block the long angle, not the closeup of the block, showed Turiaf's body clearly knocking into Powe before the block. The body counts also.

Rewatch the game in better quality than a grainy YouTube vid and it's pretty obvious the game wasn't called nearly as poorly as Laker fans claim. And there were a bunch missed both ways.

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 08:03:15 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
granted there were some icky-tack fouls, like Kobe's 2nd foul, the offensive elbow, but even that call had merit. You can not send an elbow backward towards a guys head and think you are going to hot get a fouled called.

I don't understand the griping about that call.  That was a sharp, intentional elbow to Ray's chest.  It wasn't incidental contact, it wasn't normal bumping.  It was an intentional blow to the opposing player, which should be called an offensive foul 100% of the time.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 08:08:04 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
That's the biggest crap video I've ever seen, you can't see anything in there... and just as there were missed calls in the game, the person who put that together obviously missed some other calls for convinient purposes.

Yep, exactly.  Here's a hint: not every drive to the basket should result in a whistle.

You actually have to drive to the basket in order to receive a call or two.

It's a little embarrassing that somebody took the time to make this video.

The fact that a person with Kobe Bryant on their team, Mr. I-don't-have-to-dribble-like-everyone-else, is complaining about non-calls really makes my day just that much better.

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 08:21:44 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Lakers fans seem to think that just because the Lakers griped on a play, or because Mark Jackson whined, their team got screwed over.

The thing is, if I wanted to splice together a video showing every play where somebody on the court complained to the officials about a "bad call", it would be approximately 46 minutes long for every game.

When players get beat, they whine.  When players miss layups, they whine.  It's never their fault, it's all on the ref.  For fans to then adopt that whining as some affirmation of fact is just ridiculous.

Also, on that video, what plays are the Lakers whining about?  The Kobe offensive foul was clearly a foul.  The play where Kobe ran into Pierce was clearly a foul.  The offensive foul on Lamar Odom was clearly a foul.  The call on Turiaf's block attempt was clearly a foul.

The only missed call that you can clearly see from that video was the KG foul on Gasol after his made bucket.  By the rules, he got his arm, and that should be a foul.  The rest of the stuff either wasn't a foul, or was way too far away for the viewer to know what was going on.

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 08:28:41 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
granted there were some icky-tack fouls, like Kobe's 2nd foul, the offensive elbow, but even that call had merit. You can not send an elbow backward towards a guys head and think you are going to hot get a fouled called.

I don't understand the griping about that call.  That was a sharp, intentional elbow to Ray's chest.  It wasn't incidental contact, it wasn't normal bumping.  It was an intentional blow to the opposing player, which should be called an offensive foul 100% of the time.
Especially given that Kobe draws the officials eyes by complaining abut fouls. I mean you can't tell the ref "I'm getting fouled every time - are you [] watching!?!?!" and then throw a 'bow next time down. Additionally it seems thrown out of frustration at Ray running Kobe through screens all day. It's been amazing to watch Ray just juke at the last second he goes by a screen in a way that puts Kobe right into the pick man. Its basically a clean version of Rip, and I love it.

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 08:34:36 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
I'm still curious how anyone complains about the 38-10 disparity, when there were only 7 more fouls called on the Lakers than the Celtics.

Anyone with just a tad bit IQ can realize then what kinds of fouls the Lakers were committing, vs. what the Celts were guilty of.

Finally, do we need a Laker lover to come on here with a grainy Zapruder video looking for sympathy?  Or what exactly is he looking for?  I don't recall any of our fan base producing similar videos after Game 3, 4 or 6 of the Atlanta or Cleveland series.  Maybe our fanbase has just a tad bit thicker skin.

Or maybe our fanbase doesn't have their collective heads in the sand concerning our team's weaknesses.

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 08:36:18 AM »

Offline kgiessler

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 96
Lakers fans seem to think that just because the Lakers griped on a play, or because Mark Jackson whined, their team got screwed over.

The thing is, if I wanted to splice together a video showing every play where somebody on the court complained to the officials about a "bad call", it would be approximately 46 minutes long for every game.

When players get beat, they whine.  When players miss layups, they whine.  It's never their fault, it's all on the ref.  For fans to then adopt that whining as some affirmation of fact is just ridiculous.

Also, on that video, what plays are the Lakers whining about?  The Kobe offensive foul was clearly a foul.  The play where Kobe ran into Pierce was clearly a foul.  The offensive foul on Lamar Odom was clearly a foul.  The call on Turiaf's block attempt was clearly a foul.

The only missed call that you can clearly see from that video was the KG foul on Gasol after his made bucket.  By the rules, he got his arm, and that should be a foul.  The rest of the stuff either wasn't a foul, or was way too far away for the viewer to know what was going on.

Exactly.

Some of the highlight videos from that night show the C's getting fouled and it not being called.  It happens...alot.  Check out both of the Haier Plays of the Day for the past two games...these are clear and visible dunks, with contact on the arms.  There you go, thats my mix tape.  And I didn't even have to search for it...the NBA put it right on their front page in plain view.

The NBA is done for...all we ever here about is the refereeing.  They've sapped the fun out of competition between two teams and relegated it to meaningless bickering.  They need to fix this.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain and most fools do."¯ - Franklin

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Where are the youtube videos of Kobe and Fisher pretending they got shot on jump shots, when replays show they weren't even touched?  I guess that doesn't help the argument, does it?